A consistently clean home is terribly underappreciated, and achieving it is a task that has been underestimated for the longest time. If you think the upkeep is easy, you haven’t done enough. However, if you know how much hard work it requires, you know a reliable set of cleaning equipment can be of big help.
Therefore, if you’ve been bitten by the dust and now need a new vacuum to keep your flooring clean and spotless, here are a few features you need to consider when looking out for the vacuum that will work for you:
- Maneuverability or weight of the product
- Suction power
- Range of motion
- Size in relation to the storage
Cleaning takes up so much time, roughly a few hours on working days and most of our weekends. Skipping on them sometimes mean more accumulated hours, and this is why keeping a schedule is important.
You must be able to manage your time and evaluate what needs priority and how often. For example, how many times in a week should wash and fold/iron your clothes? Should you mop the floors and do some vacuuming once a week? What cleaning activities should be done every day or every other day? These are questions you should ask yourself.
However, untimely circumstances and emergencies, even just bouts of laziness, can take a hit on your responsibilities. This could lead to dishes piled up on the sink, half-wiped spills on the floor and countertops, and usually, unmade beddings. These could become breeding grounds for germs and bacteria that can cause allergies; dust being a particular effect of neglect.
Looking for the best vacuum under 150 can be a daunting challenge, but it is achievable. For that, we have taken the time to search for some products we believe are among the best in the market:
1. BISSELL Cleanview Swivel Pet Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
If your frequent worry involves your furry friends’ hair all over the place all the time, then this product is for you. Designed especially for homes and spaces with pets, it has scatter-free technology that will keep the dirt from going in and out of the vacuum. The swivel steering maneuver makes the work much easier even when your space is limited.
It boasts of a triple action brush roll with a powerful pickup that removes tangled hairs while keeping your floor surfaces far from scratches and abrasions. This product also has fine, silk-like brush bristles that can sweep debris from hardwood floor crevices.
As a bonus, the BISSELL pet foundation donates 10 dollars for every pet product purchased, registered, and activated.
- Smooth and easy to maneuver, even for children or the elderly
- The dust bin is spacious enough and reusable, thus avoiding the use of disposable bags and making it cost-effective and sustainable
- The cord is one of the longest, at the length of 6.00m, thus eliminating the need to transfer outlets if the room is spacious
- At its price, it can be considered an investment that could help you well in the long run.
- After use, always make sure to remove embedded hair. Accumulated pet hair may cause clogging and equipment damage.
- Although efficient, it is not exactly quiet when used. The noise is a usual complaint by a few particular users.
2. Orfeld Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Vacuum cleaning isn’t usually a daily activity, but if you’ve got large living spaces, this could mean an extended time of pushing back and forth, and this vacuum aims to help you with that.
It was ergonomically designed to prevent your wrist from painful strains after long-term use. Aside from being lightweight, being cordless means that it is already easy to work with without the hassle of cords, and the stick also has a 180-degree angle rotation for effortless all-round cleaning.
What this product offers best are the multiple filtering systems that effectively eliminate dust mites and bugs while lessening the instances of secondary pollution caused by some vacuums. It doesn’t even matter if you don’t use this during daytime as its LED headlights can help you see what you’re cleaning, especially the bottom of cabinets, beds, and couches.
- Can be used at any time during the day because of the lighting feature
- Works well in any kind of flooring, especially carpeted floors and hardwood.
- Although not marketed for heavy-duty cleaning, its suction has reportedly been powerful and efficient, particularly when used to clean vehicle interiors
- Its filtering system may mean more things to clean, but this also means no extra cost for disposal bags
- Being cordless will mean that it needs charging, so this must be considered before usage
- It may cause secondary pollution and may puff out dust after long periods of use, so emptying the compartments frequently is important
3. Homasy Portable Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
Portability has become the close associate of convenience, and this means it’s easy to store and perfect for small homes with limited storage. This product from Homasy is one of the best vacuum under 150 and is a highly suggested purchase for studio apartment owners as well as for those who clean their own cars.
With its 100W ultra-high motor capacity, it can not only handle heavy-duty cleaning work, but it can also go for up to 30 minutes non-stop due to its Lithium batteries. For something portable and handheld, it has three main attachments that make work much easier: a compartment that can store up to a maximum of 600ml dust collection, a cup that can hold 100ml of liquid, and a brush tool and crevice tool for areas difficult to reach.
Homasy’s customer service also offers hassle-free after-sale assistance 24/7 for up to 3 years.
- Contrary to most vacuums, this is surprisingly quiet when operated, thus preventing disturbance or agitation from housemates, pets or neighbors
- The equipment charges extremely fast and does not have to be fully drained prior to recharging
- This is an affordable option and you surely get what you paid for
- Cleaning the dust compartment may require more deliberate hand effort, making it less convenient
- The design is not modern or lightweight; this may put a strain when using it for the entire half-hour
- This is not a product you can leave in wet areas as it is not wet-proof
4. SOWTECH Cordless Vacuum
One look at this cordless vacuum from SOWTECH and its modern design alone can make you say it might as well be the best vacuum under 150. An affordable option that does not compromise quality, this product has 5 filtration stages to not only remove dust, dirt, and gunk with ease but will also keep the air you breathe fresh and particle-free. With that, its filters are reusable, making for sustainable product design.
This vacuum is one of the lightest in the market, and it just might be the quietest when operated, making it a favorite among homeowners. Given that it is also cordless, it can offer convenience that can cut your cleaning time to a fraction.
- Since it is lightweight, it can be easily maneuvered and lifted when cleaning above-floor areas
- The suction power is efficient, making it a good deal for your money
- Battery life is adequate to accommodate cleaning time up to almost an hour
- May not work as well with carpeted flooring as it does with hard flooring, but it may still depend on surface texture
- You can’t expect long-term durability from something priced conservatively
5. MOOSOO Cordless 4 in 1 Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
MOOSOO’s lightweight design offers much assistance to day-to-day cleaning all over the house. Apart from that, it also offers a 120-watt powerful suction for every nook and cranny. This vacuum cleaner performs well to remove all kinds of debris from all kinds of floors, all the while removing dust particles from the air with its High-Efficiency Cyclone + HEPA Filtration feature.
This vacuum lasts up to 45 minutes of runtime when fully charged without the hassle of cords when you need to go through some quick cleaning from one place to another. It also includes a LED lighting feature to help you see constricted areas to be cleaned.
MOOSOO also offers a 45-day refund guarantee and a 2-year warranty with after-sales service if ever you have an issue you require assistance with.
- The battery is detachable and fast-charging, making recharging more time and space-efficient
- Its combined features make for a more sustainable cleaning since you can both clean surfaces and the air around it at the same time
- The design is ergonomic and lightweight, so there is less strain when used for the entire time
- Its powerful suction and spinning brushes easily remove dust, debris, and blockages, thus reducing the time spent for cleaning
- The quiet operation is appreciated by most users
- It is twice the price of a typical cordless vacuum, making it an investment. So, consider your cleaning needs before choosing to buy the product for yourself.
- This is not a product for cleaning larger areas because of the limited dirt storage compartments
- This product is also not water-proof, so avoid leaving out in wet areas
6. Eureka NEU182A Vacuum Cleaner
A tight budget shouldn’t stop you from keeping your home dust-free and spotless, and that is precisely why Eureka’s Powerspeed Upright Vacuum is on the market. Only at 10 pounds, this lightweight vacuum from Eureka has an adjustable height mechanism for hard-to-reach areas. This means working in ease without putting much of a struggle on your wallet.
This product aids in all your cleaning needs at “Powerspeed” with a larger dust holding capacity. This means less time wasted on emptying the bins. It can work to remove particles from various surfaces, carpets, wood and concrete floorings, and even your curtains, blinds, and ceiling corners.
Eureka’s customer service team is also available to assist you 24-7.
- For its price, the performance does well and works best for mild to fast cleaning needs
- Conveniently designed to be low maintenance, it is also easy to disassemble for cleaning and storage
- Very easy to maneuver and glide over debris; it also works well in removing fur embedded on carpets.
- You can’t expect much durability from a product at this price, but so far, it can provide the value for your money
- This product is also not recommended for heavy-duty cleaning and may not be able to remove debris in narrow crevices like that in hardwood flooring.
- Using it for extended periods of time without emptying the compartments regularly may lead to secondary pollution.
7. Bissell 9595A Bagless Vacuum
Yet another product from Bissell, the CleanView offers the best of “fast and easy” cleaning with its lightweight construction, multiple level filtration systems, and strong suction capacity to suit your needs.
It includes a large dirt storage tank and the longest power cord ever, extending up to 25 feet. All the dust and debris will easily be removed, even ones at hard-to-reach areas due to its extending wand.
For the price of almost a hundred, you will get the best value for your money. It is also easy to assemble, use, and disassemble when necessary.
- Can provide a thorough clean of your surfaces, especially carpeted flooring because of the products powerful suction
- Works well for homes with pets as it was designed to deal with copious amounts of fur
- This is a recommended purchase for those who are tight on the budget but won’t have to compromise on quality service
- The product will be delivered in pieces, so this will require assembly work
- It may operate loudly and may puff out dust after long periods of usage
- The hose may seem too short for some users
With all that to consider, take notes for what features will work best for you so you can utilize such as reference. These products are but a few of the many in the market. Although based on Amazon’s bestsellers, the best vacuum under 150 to suit your cleaning needs may not be in this list.
Therefore, take it upon yourself to find time for research, because having good cleaning equipment can save you the time you can spend doing more worthwhile things. We hope you find what works for you. Good luck!
Last update on 2021-03-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API