The search for a proper vacuum already requires much research, and it’s much more difficult if you don’t have the time. Then, you have to come across things to consider, namely its suction power, range of motion, maneuverability, and dirt storage, and it just makes the choice harder. If this is too much work for you, let’s help you decide which vacuum to choose by presenting to you some of the best ones that you can find in the market today:
Bagged VS Bagless
Before proceeding with the list of vacuums, learn the difference between a bagged and bagless vacuum and why you should get the former.
A vacuum cleaner uses suction to remove dirt and debris from surfaces, and these particles have to go somewhere. They can either be stored in a canister that you can empty, wash, and reuse after vacuuming, or they can be stored in a customized bag that you can immediately disposed of after vacuuming.
Bagged vacuums are the ones using disposable bags that you can customize while bagless ones come with a canister that you can reuse.
Your choice will depend on how much time and effort you’re willing to put into cleaning. You might as well consider how you’ll be disposing of the dirt, and how much contact with it you can tolerate while doing so.
What’s ideal though is that you can get the bagged one as it’s much more convenient. That’s why bagged vacuums are preferred by a lot as they’re quite easy and convenient to use.
The downsides we see with using bagged vacuums is that it requires you to pay a little extra for vacuum bags as you’re going to dispose of them after every use. However, it saves you something more valuable in the process. It saves you time because you no longer have to scrub up the dirt that gets stuck in the canisters of bagless vacuums. Though it’s not as eco-friendly compared to reusing a canister, you can now find some environmentally-friendly bags that you can use though is not as popular as your typical plastic bag.
Which Bagged Vacuum Works Best?
As cleaning and equipment enthusiasts, we’ve been looking for a bagged vacuum that will work best for us, and we’ve come up with this list that may also work for you. However, this is not ranked according to any criteria – this is simply an enumeration. That way, our perspective would not tamper with yours.
So they are as follows:
Bissell is one of the front liners in the vacuum market, and it has brought us the Zing Vacuum, possibly the best-bagged vacuum under $100. With its powerful suction, compact and lightweight design, and smooth swivel maneuverability, this product can surely make your cleaning responsibilities easier. Its 2.5L capacity, the easy-to-remove bag can hold enough to reduce the time usually spent for emptying, and it’s got post-motor filters to capture fine particles other vacuums could not.
Transition cleaning from fabric surfaces to hardwood flooring is supported by the multi-surface mechanism of the product, which can be activated in a single button press. Another good thing about this is its automatic cord rewind feature that almost removes the hassle of detangling and wrapping cords after using.
The product is made of superior material and promises good cleaning assistance; however, one should replace the bags regularly to maintain the upkeep of the equipment.
- The suction is strong, so it’s a guarantee that it can easily remove dirt embedded on crevices and stuck in dead corners.
- This works well on hardwood floors and basically any hard surface that needs cleaning.
- Its main components are not made with cheap materials, and for its price, it gives a good deal for the buyer.
- The hose extenders are put together with a sliding mechanism and do not snap-lock when attached, so the pieces tend to pop off because of the strong suction.
Oreck brings to the market a commercial grade vacuum that will help you keep your business clean with little to almost no stress at all. With the power and performance the brand is known for, the XL Upright Vacuum is lightweight, picks up hair and debris efficiently with its high-speed double helix floor brushes, and is smooth to maneuver – at a reasonable price, too.
Designed to be furniture-friendly, the product has non-marring bumpers that protect surfaces at close proximity, and its extended reach helps in cleaning tight spots under furniture and hard-to-reach areas. It even has a cord guard to protect the cord from the damage caused by tangling.
Its ergonomic design, especially its Helping Hand Handle, was even commended by the Arthritis Foundation for its comfortability and ease of use. It also comes with a yearlong warranty to guarantee that you will only get the best of the product.
- This can be well-recommended to be used by the elderly or the physically handicapped since it is easy to put together, use, and store up.
- It works well in removing pet hairs, even cat litter, from carpets and rugs, so this may be suggested to homeowners with pets.
- One of its unique features is how the motor maintains operating at maximum power even as the bag is beginning to fill-up.
- One may notice a burning rubber smell during the first few uses, but it reportedly is no indication of damage and is no cause for alarm.
- Some parts like the belt/roller will need replacement from time to time to prolong the equipment’s usability.
The Hoover brings us WindTunnel MAX Vacuum, promising us a clean home with little to no effort done. Its WindTunnel 3 technology and multi-surface mechanism guarantee a deep and thorough cleaning of embedded dust and dirt, even in hard-to-reach areas. Its design helps in removing debris from under and around furniture that may be difficult to move around, as well as for above-floor cleaning reaching up to 17 ft.
- The product has a HEPA filter that prevents secondary pollution and even removed dust and dirt particles from the air.
- It includes an easy-release mechanism for the bag’s disposal, so this means little to no contact with the dirt.
- Some of the extensions are not sturdy enough and hinders the suction instead of improving the performance, so it is best not included in the purchase.
Oreck has had products with powerfully efficient double helix brushes and effective suction capacities, making it one of the known brands for the best bagged vacuum. The Professional is also a commercial grade vacuum that has incorporated the Helping Hand handle as well, a feature commended by the Arthritis Foundation for its convenience and ease of use.
It has the top fill feature, so this means that it can continue to work in maximum power even when the bag starts filling up. It includes protection for its 40-foot power cord to prevent damage, and has a cord clamp connected to it – this allows cord replacement if ever it is ruined. Buyers are also guaranteed a yearlong warranty to ensure that product quality is not compromised.
- This product is less prone to clogging from debris and is guaranteed to last a long time because of its Endurolife belt.
- It can handle heavy-duty cleaning without breaking down, and can be used by almost anyone because of its adjustable height and easy maneuverability.
- Its upgrade attachments reportedly improved the performance of the vacuums of Oreck, unlike some products, so this may be an investment you can look into.
- The product requires self-assembly, so one must follow the given instructions in the packaging.
- Always make sure that you replace the bags with the type that is compatible with the model of the vacuum as the wrong bag may affect the suction.
Panasonic’s ergonomic design on its upright vacuum cleaner boasts of its soft-grip handle that reduces arm and wrist fatigue, unlike that of other brands and products. Its lightweight design, adjustable height, and headlight features make for a more efficient and convenient approach to cleaning the hard-to-reach and dead corners of the home.
Working best for mild and fast-cleaning, this can be used daily as it is also easy to store or put away when not in use. Although not exactly known for its vacuums, Panasonic takes pride in the endurance of its motor, above all the other parts. Even for its price, many people still look into this product for its efficiency, and it has gained a following over the years.
· The product can stand upright on its own, so it doesn’t cause a hassle when placed on standby.
· Its hose is one of the most flexible and long-lasting features in the market, and placing it in various positions does not cause much tension or strain.
· This model is not built for heavy-duty commercial cleaning and is only fit for home use.
· It’s not a good choice aesthetic-wise, but it makes up for functionality.
This product from Kenmore promises so much for its price, and this is an investment that can certainly make your life easier and cleaner for sure. This might even be the best-bagged vacuum for homes with pets, especially ones that shed a lot.
Save yourself so much time with the most capable equipment to handle pet hair, dust, and dander that gets embedded on both hardwood floors, thick carpets, and even furniture – without leaving marks and scratches on the surface. Its wide sweep-path can cover more cleaning area than the typical vacuum, thus saving your time and energy while best-bagged cleaning. The product was also designed with consideration to the health of the people indoors as it has integrated the Triple HEPA Filtering System, making it capable of removing allergy-inducing dust particles and pollutants from indoor air.
- This product is equipped with a beltless agitator to lessen any operational damage, thus reducing maintenance and repairs.
- This can be used to remove pet hair and litter from your vehicle.
- It also works quietly; thus, it does not disturb neighbors or housemates when used.
- Kenmore is not particularly a brand known for its good customer service and after-sales assistance.
Dyson is unrivalled and incomparable in the market, and it is from this brand that we can find the best bagged vacuum cleaner. However, Dyson’s Ball Multi Floor 2 comes with a heavy price that is well-justified by its performance. Its self-adjusting cleaning brush head and radial root cyclone system can remove more microscopic particles from the air and from any surface more than any other bagged vacuum in the market. Because of that and the incorporation of HEPA filters, the product has been certified to be asthma and allergy-friendly.
Smooth to maneuver and can work with every kind of indoor surface, it seals in the dust and the debris whilst suctioning, thus preventing it from getting expelled back into the air. One of the brand’s most distinct offers is its 5-year warranty, for both parts and labor, with free shipping. This is a deal that is difficult to refuse.
- Its hygienic mechanism traps the dirt and bacteria once suctioned, and allows the disposal of the bag without the need for contact.
- The trademark Dyson suction is a sure guarantee that the debris from each crevice is easily removed and cleaned up.
- It includes a long hose that extends the reach of the vacuum.
- Refrain from overusing the product through plush and high-pile carpets as it may damage the brushbar.
- This product is recommended for homes with wider areas since it is not designed to clean tight and constricting spaces.
This concludes our list for what may be the best bagged vacuum cleaner for you. Just as a disclaimer, this is not to say that the ones on this list are the ultimate vacuums in the market. These products are simply what we’ve tried and tested over the years, but if you do push through to try them, we do hope they can do well to improve your home.
You see, we understand how much hard work it can take when you’re trying to maintain a well-kept living space, but also remember that there is always an easier way to work on things. You don’t need to stick to a routine that takes your entire day just wiping up surfaces. Save your time for other things that are worthwhile, and go find the best equipment that can help you achieve such a goal.
That being said, we wish you the best of luck in upgrading your home into a cleaner one!