Last Updated on May 17, 2022 By Emma W. Thomas
Home upkeep isn’t rocket science but it isn’t a walk in the park either. It requires dedication and attention to detail, that is if you want your home to still look nice and new even after all those years. The trick for that lies in your approach. Being rough on dirt and stains doesn’t mean you should be rough on the surfaces you’re cleaning. Some chemicals don’t go well on certain materials, and sometimes, even the equipment we rely on can cause damage. Today we will discuss how to pick the Best Vacuum For Laminate Floors
Jump To A Section
What Is Vacuuming The Laminate Floor?
Laminate flooring is the ideal material for most home interiors. It is durable, easy to clean, and looks good for years. Unfortunately, it can also become dusty and dirty if not vacuumed regularly. This is where a vacuum for laminate floors comes in handy because they efficiently suck up all the dust build up on the surface of your laminate floor rather than just sweeping it around.
Vacuuming your floor with an upright vacuum cleaner will remove dirt that settles on your laminate flooring’s surface, which will also prevent any future dust buildup from occurring along with preventing other types of allergens or germs from being spread throughout your home.
What Type of Best Vacuum For Laminate Floors?
Laminate flooring can be a smart choice if you want to change the look of your home and lower the cost of doing so. The main downside is that it can become slippery if not installed properly.
There are three types of vacuum cleaners you can use to clean laminate floors: upright, canister, and stick vacuums. Each type has its own advantages and disadvantages which we will discuss in this article.
Stick vacuums work well for small areas but they are difficult to maneuver around furniture and other objects on the floor because they are so short underfoot. They also tend to make lots of noise when in use.
Canister vacuums are better for medium-sized areas due to their large size, but they do not have enough suction power for tight spaces.
The upright vacuum cleaner is also good for laminating the floor. An upright vacuum with a HEPA filter is the best choice to prevent any airborne allergens, such as dust mites and pet dander, from penetrating your home.
The Practicality Of Laminate Floors
Laminates had been a frequent choice for interior flooring materials because it is affordable, easy to maintain, and come in various designs and textures. It is expected to withstand wear and tear, but the amount of dirt that remains on the surface after a long period can easily ruin its quality. The dirt can dull the finish, scratch the surface of the tile, and its crevices could be turned into the breeding ground for germs. It’s in this case you will need the help of the best vacuum for laminate floors to deal with this problem.
When choosing the vacuum, always keep in mind that you must opt for a product that won’t leave abrasions on your floor surface. Also, make sure that the suction capacity of the product is capable of removing even stubborn dirt. With that, here are a few of the crowd-favorites that accompanied homeowners in their task to keep their homes clean.
Top 7 Vacuum Cleaners For Laminate Floors
01. BoostIQ RoboVac Super Thin Robot Vacuum Cleaner By Eufy
No products found.
A Robot Vacuum that works best on solid flooring, this product from Eufy took the market by storm in 2018 as the newest digital trend. Modern, sleek, and innovative, this is not your typical vacuum cleaner. In fact, it is entirely divorced in terms of appearance from the conventional kind of vacuum cleaner, products like these indicate that aesthetics really does affect business greatly.
This product has a standard suction mode that guarantees an almost effortless removal of dirt, dust, and crumbs from all laminated and tile flooring, and it can keep running for up to 100 minutes. It promises a quiet, clean, and low-profile design for hard-to-clean corners
, and premium features that protect it from scratches fall and bumps as it goes around on its own. Basically, it can do all the cleaning for you while you go about your other errands. It’s got quite a price tag, but it roughly costs the same as the high-end vacuums offered by other brands, so this may just be worth the investment.
1. It comes with color-coded signals to inform you what the machine needs; blue if it is ready for use, orange if it needs a recharge, and red if the dust bin has to be emptied.
2. Easy to use, easy to store, and maintain – this is a sustainable design product.
3. Plus, Eufy is known for its excellent customer service and after-sales assistance.
1. Be aware that this product works on a sensor, it may not be able to work as efficiently on black surfaces.
2. You will need to empty the dustbin almost after every use, but there isn’t much to worry about since the bin is easy to clean.
02. Hoover Pet Max Complete Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
No products found.
This one from Hoover features a multi-surface cleaning tool, so this provides a transition in brushing and suction intensity whenever it is being used on a variety of surfaces. This product might as well be the best vacuum for laminate floors if you prefer the upright type. Made especially for pet owners, it has incorporated the allergen block technology that blocks fur, hair, and dander from being expelled back into the air after being suctioned.
Designed especially for pet hair removal, Hoover also incorporates a multi-surface feature alongside the new Wind Tunnel technology that can deeply clean almost any surface, albeit vinyl laminates, wooden floors, rugs, or carpets. The product also incorporates a larger dirt storage compartment, thus saving you time from emptying the bin regularly.
1. Reasonably priced and has a powerful suction; it includes a setting suited for removing particulate matter that gets stuck in floor coverings or in between laminate tiling and hardwood flooring.
2. This one is easy to assemble and smooth to maneuver when used, so it reduces arm and wrist strains.
1. It can get noisy when used but can be tolerable even after an extended period of use.
2. Always check the filters and the brushes for clogged hairs and fur to ensure the efficient functioning of the product.
03. Orfeld Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 2 In 1 Stick Vacuum With Digital Motor
No products found.
Orfield designed this one to have a brushless motor with great suction ability and thorough cleaning capacity for your vacuuming needs. With LED lighting to spot dirt from under the furniture and modes that could aid you in removing all kinds of debris and dirt, this cordless vacuum cleaner also keeps indoor air clean.
The product has a modern aesthetic look to it but aside from looking quite chic is its outstanding capability of picking up ground-in debris and dirt from both indoors and in-vehicle. It offers ease of movement and smooth maneuverability to give you a more convenient time when doing your household chores. It has even been likened to its more expensive counterparts, and Orfield does well with its after-sales service as well.
1. This lightweight product is easy to assemble, maintain, and store, and it also includes a detachable Lithium-ion battery that you can charge anywhere.
2. It also cleans quietly, thus reducing noise pollution and disturbance.
1. When used for an extended period, it may cause strains on the wrist and arms, so you should take breaks from time to time.
04. Cordless Vacuum, ONSON Stick Vacuum Cleaner, Powerful Cleaning Lightweight Handheld Vacuum
No products found.
The latest version of ONSON’s cordless stick vacuum now offers a deeper clean of all home surfaces, especially hardwood and laminate flooring. This product also operates with an upgraded LED headlight, less noise, ease of usage, and powerful vacuum suction, promising more cleaning in lesser time.
Its long-lasting, quick charging battery allows you to maximize the benefits and convenience of using a cordless vacuum. Basically, this is a product where you get what you pay for and surely does not compromise quality.
1. This is easy to reassemble and disassemble since the parts were redesigned to a snug fit and a snap-lock feature.
2. It has a one-press feature that quickly releases the dirt from the canister without having to touch it.
1. This is not recommended to be used in high plush rugs or heavy fur shedding as hairs usually get clogged easily in the piping.
05. MOOSOO M X6 Cordless 4 In 1 Powerful Suction 10Kpa Stick Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
No products found.
MOOSE emerges from the market with one of the best vacuums for laminate floors and also carpeted surfaces. The M X6 boasts its powerful suction capacity and reliably long-lasting battery, making it a great cleaning companion that can surely keep the gunk off of your laminated floors. Equipped with Cyclone and HEPA filtration systems, it is guaranteed to clean your floors as well as keep the air you breathe dust-free.
Lightweight, quiet and cordless, this product’s design offers the best of convenience and ease, and it comes at a reasonable price as well.
1. Its swivel brush head can easily be maneuvered over the dirt embedded in the laminates, leaving them nice and shiny after a good clean.
2. Blockages can easily be removed and it comes with a warning system if something harmful may have been lodged.
1. It only works best for mild fast cleaning, and not for heavy-duty general cleaning sessions.
06. Cordless Vacuum, Hikeren Stick Vacuum Cleaner, 12KPa Lightweight 2 In 1 Stick Handheld Vacuum
No products found.
Versatile, efficient, and powerful, Hikeren’s lightweight cordless vacuum is now equipped with waterproof construction and an upgraded double filtration system to offer you the cleaning companion you truly deserve. It also includes an LED head lighting feature to aid you in seeing all the hidden dirt that gets stuck in between laminate tiles and hardwood crevices.
Hikeren is known for its consistently high ratings and positive product reviews, not only because of its excellent vacuums but also because of its worry-free warranty system. This one is a top recommendation by many but you still have to try it for yourself if it really bags the label of the best vacuum for laminate floors.
1. Works well for every kind of surface and does clean the air around you while you’re at it.
2. Lightweight and very easy to move around, it also includes an adjustable handle to ease up the cleaning experience a little more.
3. The design is as well made to be compact and thus, making it easy to store.
1. This product can’t be expected to handle damages after extended periods of usage but one can always do its best to maintain the upkeep to prolong its life.
07. Eureka NEU180B Lightweight Powerful Upright Vacuum Cleaner
No products found.
The cheapest, but not the least in our product enumeration is Eureka’s Lightweight vacuum cleaner, this one does great clean-up of pet hair, dander, litter, and the like. Its versatile multi-surface vacuum can work through the hardest of floors or the softest of rugs and can handle up to 2.6L of dust so one can save time from emptying the cup all the time.
This may be an unexpected attribute of cheap products, but this product from Eureka can actually be quite easy to assemble, maintain, and store – that way you can make the most out of the already good price it costs. It does not compromise quality, and it can surely have your laminate floors looking all new.
1. This is such a great recommendation for those who are on a tight budget but are not willing to put their cleanliness on hold – and that’s a good thing.
2. The transparent dust bin cover can help you determine whether it’s time to empty or not yet, so you won’t need to open the bin to check.
1. This product is not expected to last a very long time, but maybe with good equipment upkeep, it can be a companion for years like it has been for some buyers.
2. It can get a little too noisy when used.
Problems That Can Occur from Vacuuming on Laminate Floors
The reason why cleaning a laminate floor is so difficult is because it doesn’t absorb liquids as wood or tile will. They are also made of three layers of material that you need to scrub off to get them clean.
Whether you are a professional cleaner or somebody who simply likes to keep their home clean, if you have laminate floors, it is important to know the problems that can occur when vacuuming.
1. Dust and vacuum cleaner particles clog up the vacuum cleaner motor.
2. The suctioning force can cause the floor to become uneven.
3. The heat generated by the motor can cause the laminate floor to expand and crack.
4. The wetness from a wet mop can cause damage to the flooring material.
5. Moisture accumulation can cause mold growth in areas of high humidity or temperatures above 85degrees Fahrenheit
6. Chemical build-up on a mopping cloth will oxidize as it dries leaving stains on your laminate floor
This topic discusses the problems that can occur from vacuuming on laminate floors.
Along with vacuuming, people also need to be careful when they are cleaning their homes because different types of cleaners work in different ways. Some are safe to use on laminate floors while others should not be used.
Factors To Choose a Vacuum Cleaners For Laminate Floors
It’s important to match your floor’s cleaning needs with the features of your vacuum cleaner.
Vacuum cleaners need to be compatible with your floor and suction power, as well as their size and weight. Lastly, consider the warranty terms offered by the manufacturer.
There are a lot of factors that you need to consider when choosing the right vacuum cleaner for laminate flooring. Some of these factors include:
- Compatibility: Make sure that your vacuum has enough power and is small enough to fit on top of your laminate flooring. It’s important that you choose a suitable model for your needs – this will ensure that it will last over time and won’t be replaced quickly!
- Heat-up time: When considering purchasing a new vacuum cleaner, you should know that some cleaners take longer to heat up. This is largely due to their design. Larger vacuum cleaners take longer to adjust their power and often do not reach optimal temperature until after about 10 minutes of use. Smaller vacuum cleaners with less power tend to heat up quickly, reaching optimal temperature in less than two minutes.
- Weight capacity: Vacuum cleaners are an important part of any home. They allow us to clean our floors and carpets without having to spend time manually scrubbing. However, most vacuum cleaners can only handle a max weight of 500 pounds. For homes with thicker laminate floors, it is best to hire a professional cleaner who can handle the extra weight.
- Suction power: Vacuums are an integral part of cleaning our homes and offices. They can also be versatile tools that can perform various tasks that can help us save on time. In recent years, the development of suction power in vacuum cleaners has led to their popularity for floor cleaning.
- Filter quality and capacity: There are options for every kind of customer when searching for the best vacuum cleaner for laminate floors. With a vast selection of brands and models, it can be difficult to decide which one to purchase. With the right research, customers can make the most informed decision and find a product that meets all of their needs.
- Cordless or corded options, and so on: Vacuum cleaners with rotating brushes are the best option for laminate floors. These rotating brushes can effectively remove dirt, dust, and pet hair from the surface of your flooring. This will keep your floors cleaner for a longer period of time.
With all that has been mentioned, you being here and researching how you can make your home life better is already a good initiative. This list is our own enumeration of the products that did well for our homes, but if you think the best vacuum for laminate floors isn’t here, that’s fine. There is plenty out there in the market, and you can go over to Amazon to go over the reviews yourself.
The quality of life that you strive for will eventually be what you’ll get if you continue to work hard for it, so always make the time of day to keep your home clean. You will be surprised by the wonders it can do for your physical and mental health if your living quarters are free from debris, dust, and breeding bacteria.
So, best of luck in your search! We hope we had been of assistance.
Emma is a graduate of Domestic Science or Family and Consumer Sciences (Home Economics) from the University of Wisconsin. She has 7 years of experience Working with the strategic section of BestBuy and now writing full-time for Homeeon.
From Managing the Home, Interiors, Cleaning, and Exteriors to Gardening and everything about Making A Home Liveable – is her passion and this Homeeon is the result of this.
Emma loves decorating her home with the best stuff found online. She cares about quality over anything and writes reviews about them here in Homeeon. Get in touch with her over Pinterest.
Keep reading her blogs.
Last update on 2023-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API