Scheduling time for cleaning within the week may not be as easy as it seems, especially when everything else seems more fun to do. However, keeping your home clean will always be a worthwhile priority. With a well-organized dust-free space, you can find your things easily, stay in flow because of lesser distractions, and you can reduce the chances of contracting allergies. That being said, if you still haven’t gotten a vacuum for your home or room, you really should get yourself one now.
Time is Money
You may convince yourself that there is no need for a vacuum because of other alternatives, but think of how much time you could save with a vacuum. You could clear the nooks and crannies of an entire room in less than half an hour. No need to struggle with under-the-bed dustbunnies or ceiling corner cobwebs. No need for feather-dusting and sweeping, that might even result in all the dust just circulating in the air. All that saved time and effort could be spent on more important or fun activities. Also, imagine not sneezing all the darn time because of the dust!
Still going Corded?
Portability may just be a partner of Convenience, but it has its drawbacks. In vacuums, for example: going cordless may mean none of the hassle of tangled cords, but this also means being conscious of power reduction. It also means that you have to make sure you’ve charged the equipment enough before using. It is because of these that some people would still opt for corded vacuums.
With that, here are the best that had worked wonderfully well in keeping our homes spic and span. This list is categorized into three:
- Starting Cheap and Easy – for those who are still wary of expensive equipment and would like to try vacuum-cleaning their rooms or homes.
- Working below a Hundred – for those who can spend double the cheap prices but would still prefer to work below the hundred-dollar budget.
- Investing in High Quality – for those who know what they want and have the money to throw to the next best thing that could improve their quality of life.
Here are the products we’ve chosen, as classified:
Starting Cheap and Easy
PRODUCT: iTvanila Stick Vacuum Cleaner
This product from ITvanilla markets its powerful suction power that can thoroughly remove deeply embedded dirt from any hard floor surface. This then includes a filtration system that separates solid dirt or “garbage” from “air” to lessen secondary pollution. Its lightweight compact design does not take a lot of space when stored and is easy to maneuver when used, making it a user-friendly product.
It is as well a 2 in 1 product, offering the benefits of a stick vacuum and a handheld one, so it can not only be used in the home but also for your vehicle. ITvanilla also assures quality and after-sales customer assistance alongside the product’s 12-month warranty.
- Its lengthy 6m power cord reduces the instance of transferring from one outlet to another when cleaning a larger space or room.
- Easy to assemble, use and store, this product is a cleaning aid recommended for owners of smaller home or spaces.
- This won’t clean carpets, rugs, and fabric surfaces as well as it cleans hardwood and tile.
- If you’ve got a pet at home, this may not be the vacuum for you.
- The product does not include a self-cleaning feature, so regular upkeep is important, as it may trigger overheating and affect the suction of the vacuum.
With both the features of a corded stick and a handheld vacuum cleaner, VonHaus offers a deal for those who are cutting costs but are not in the business of compromising a clean home. This little vacuum is particularly suitable for a smaller indoor area and works quietly than most vacuums. It is also light and handy, rendering it usable even by those with physical difficulties.
Its filtration system avoids dust from re-circulating back into the air of the room. For its price, it is considered a very efficient buy for the time being.
- This product is easy to store and clean after using.
- It does very well in accommodating the basic cleaning necessities of a homeowner.
- Its suction works efficiently, especially for mild and fast-cleaning on every kind of surface.
- This product needs upkeep because dust and dirt accumulation may affect the suction of the vacuum.
- Since it is priced quite cheaply, one cannot expect it to last for a long time.
- It may overheat after extended periods of continued use.
2. Working Below a Hundred
MOOSOO offers a vacuum that best works for marble, tile, and hardwood flooring that can easily remove embedded dirt without leaving any scratches on the surface. Its take on the corded stick vacuum has strong suction with 4 stages of advanced HEPA filtration, thus preventing secondary pollution and capturing 99.99% microscopic dust and bacteria while purifying the air.
At an affordable price, this product doesn’t weigh heavy like other vacuums, and don’t take up much space and can pick up anything from the floor, even sheetrock and framing nails. For as long as you replace your filters regularly and don’t skip on equipment upkeep, this one will surely last you a long time.
- Its adjustable brush head is easy to control and can help you reach small areas and dead corners.
- Its 17 ft. tube can be extended up to a length of 31 inches, allowing you to reach up to 10 feet of wall, ceiling, or room space.
- This can be converted from a corded stick vacuum to handheld, making the product a good deal for its price.
- This product has the kind of suction that may not work with carpets and fabric surfaces, so it is not suggested for cleaning such.
- Since it uses a HEPA filter, it must be replaced every month.
A promise of edge-to-edge cleaning, Bissell’s Hard Floor Expert ensures that your home surfaces will be dust-free and spotless. Lightweight with strong suction and Cyclonic technology, this product is also easy on every homeowner’s budget.
It can sweep off all the dirt, even from the pesky crevices and corners, with its V-shape technology. It leaves no stain and scratches on your floor and doesn’t puff up fur and dust up into the air while cleaning. This product will give you a value much more than what you’ve paid for.
- Stands upright on its own, so it can be left on standby if something else comes up while you’re cleaning.
- This product will pick up almost anything and won’t puff them back out even after cleaning.
- This may be the best-corded stick vacuum option for those who live in small spaces and usually include “cleaning time” on their schedules.
- This takes time when picking up the dirt, so if you’re looking to finish cleaning at the soonest time possible, this is not for you.
- Long-term usage may lead to wrist strain because of the non-ergonomic design.
iWOLY joins in the market of affordable corded vacuum cleaners that deliver and doesn’t compromise quality. With an air-powered floor brush head, its powerful suction can remove debris from hard-to-reach corners of all floor types. It is ideal for homes with children and pets, can reach high and low, and is easy to manoeuvre, even for users that are physically handicapped.
This can be converted from stick to handheld, making it a 2 in 1 deal for a good price. Consider yourself worry-free for a whole year too because iWOLY’s 12-month warranty will ensure that you get the only best out of the product.
- This product is bagless and uses the HEPA filter, thus reducing secondary pollution while vacuuming.
- Lightweight thus making it easy to reach for high areas like ceiling-high lighting fixtures.
- This can save up storage space since it can be mounted on the wall after use.
- It is not designed for heavy-duty cleaning over extended periods of time.
- It does not guarantee fast-cleaning, so if you’re looking to finish cleaning fast, this may not be for you.
- The HEPA filter also needs cleaning after every use.
3. Investing in High Quality
Shark has made its mark as one of the best vacuum brands, and this product is their take on an ultra-light versatile design that will help you work on all that needs cleaning. With its home and car detail kit, powerful suction, and swivel steering mechanism, you can remove dust, dirt and gunk even from the tiniest areas and from a variety of surfaces. Aside from easy manoeuvrability, it also reduces noise pollution during operation.
This is a product you could consider a hefty investment since it is quite pricey, but you can expect it to perform and deliver the “fast clean” it guarantees.
- It’s easy to put together, use for cleaning, and put away to storage when done.
- The product has a reasonable runtime per charging time
- This works well in removing dirt and fur hairs from both hardwood floors and carpet
- It allows you to vacuum over a large area without needing to re-plug to a nearer outlet.
- Shark is not particularly known for having the best after-sales customer service.
- Small dust container means frequent emptying while cleaning
- The exhaust releases warm air around where the arm is and it may cause annoyance or mild discomfort.
This high-quality but more expensive product from Shark just may be one of the best-corded stick vacuum cleaners in the market. It’s Zero M and Duo clean technology was included in the design to specifically deep-clean floors of every kind. Shark is not exactly big on the “look” of its products, but it well makes up for it with great engineering.
The APEX Duo Clean includes a LED lighting feature when handheld, offering a more convenient clean even in dark and hard-to-reach areas. It is lightweight and made for fast-cleaning, so it can basically pick everything up and out of anything. It can as well be converted into a handheld vacuum for cleaning that may be difficult with the corded stick.
- There are plenty of rave reviews for the product because it is exceptional at being a cleaning aid.
- Its Duo cleaning feature and soft but firm brush bristles make it suitable for cleaning hardwood without leaving abrasions.
- It is a highly recommended model because of its suction capacity and reach.
- Some parts are finicky and may come loose or be detached from the socket while cleaning.
- It cannot stand on its own which may cause a minor cleaning inconvenience.
- It is noisy when operated.
There you have it – a list of the best. This was not just our personal ratings, but an accumulation of ratings and reviews from different buyers – both amateurs and enthusiasts on cleaning equipment.
However, these are not ultimate. Other factors may affect the performance of the equipment, like parts damaged by shipping, inadequate after-sales assistance, or just poor upkeep. How it goes is that equipment, like any other thing, will eventually be broken. Still, you have to do your part to keep it clean and secure while it works.
These guidelines can help you out when off scrolling through online stores like Amazon to look for the best-corded vacuum in the market. Shopping locally is also a good option since you can see the product in real-time and maybe have a salesperson do a demo for you.
So, good luck with your vacuum search and we hope you find what suits you best.
Latest posts by Emma W. Thomas (see all)
- 10 Bad Cleaning Habits You Need to Break - September 15, 2019
- The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist - September 14, 2019
- 10 Quick and Easy Ways to Refresh Your Home on a Budget - September 12, 2019