A vacuum does cleaning by sucking up dirt. A powerful suction will, therefore, mean deep and thorough cleaning of dirty surfaces. The efficiency and effectiveness of a vacuum can, therefore, be measured by the power of its suction. However, it may be difficult to know the best vacuum cleaners by suction since the strength of its motor is not always the indicator. Some factors will help you get a vacuum that suction well. This guide will elaborate on the factors one should consider when purchasing a vacuum based on its suction to get an excellent device. The top six cleaners will also be reviewed for a better understanding of what to look for in a vacuum.
What is Vacuum Cleaner By Suction?
A vacuum cleaner by suction is a type of vacuum cleaner that uses suction through the bottom of the machine to clean.
Before, people had to use a foot pedal to cycle through their different power modes. Now, this device has been replaced by a more efficient and faster-working motorized version.
Vacuum cleaners are often used for cleaning carpets, upholstery, and furniture. However, they also have other uses such as cleaning windows and car interiors. The device, which can also be called a “hoover” or a “vacuum”, is meant to clean up small bits of dust, hair, and other similar debris.
Vacuum cleaners thrive on several different types of motors: rotary or cyclonic; electric or pneumatic; stationary or portable. The two main types of those motors are axial-rotary and radial.
How To Calculate The Vacuum Cleaners Cleaning Ability by Suction or Power?
There is no single way to measure a vacuum’s ability but there are a few ways that can help you calculate the amount of suction for your vacuum.
Primary vacuum cleaning specifications include watts, amps, volts, suction power (or sealed water lift), horsepower, air wattage, and airflow.
Secondary specifications are set to include filtrations, cleaning tools (agitation), capacities, quality, noise levels, and features with cost.
- To determine the number of air watts a model has, divide 0.117254 by the airflow and suction pressure (in inches of water). Which vacuum cleaner suctions the most? It is hard to tell without looking at the air watts. The more air watts, generally, the more suction power you will have.
- When converting watts to amps, remember to always use the formula of watts/volts (always 120). For example, a 1400-watt motor would convert to 11.67 amps (1400/120=11.67).
- The average rating for a vacuum cleaner is 10.5 amps for the power nozzle motor and 10 amps for a light bulb. There are two ratings that can be used to compare vacuum cleaners. The first is the motor rating, which measures how much power a vacuum cleaner can deliver, while the second is voltage on the plug in; this measures how much energy or amperage it takes to run a vacuum.
- Another way to calculate the power of a vacuum cleaner is by measuring its suction power in cubic feet per minute (CFM). The power of a vacuum cleaner can be measured with respect to its ability to remove particles from the air. This includes dust, dirt, microbes and other airborne substances.
First look at the summary of the vacuum cleaners reviewed here:
Review of the Top 6 Best Vacuum Cleaners By Suction
You might be wondering how you will go about buying a vacuum with great suction. There are many in the market, but here we are going to look at the top 6 of the vacuums with powerful suction. Check each of the vacuums reviewed to understand the features that make it stand out.
1. Eufy 11S MAX, Robot Vacuum Cleaner (Best Vacuum Cleaner With 2000pa Suction Power)
Eufy vacuum is a powerful, well-designed device with the powerful suction of 2000pa. The device is ultra-slim, which makes cleaning underneath furniture effortless. You will get 100 minutes of nonstop cleaning as the bin is large enough to hold the dirt for this long. No noise when doing your cleaning as the vacuum has a brushless motor and anti-Collison sensors. This makes the vacuum not collide with any object and cannot fall because of the drop sensing in-built technology. With the 3-point cleaning system, no surface will be left untouched. At the end of cleaning your house will be looking elegant.
Benefits Of This Product
1. Superior cleaning as a result of the powerful suction of 2000pa and three brushes
2. Allows changing of the cleaning mode based on the needs
3. Reduced noise as the vacuum comes with an advanced brushless motor
4. Drop-falling technology which prevents the vacuum from falling off of ledges or down the stairs
5. Does not bump into objects as a result of anti-collision sensors
6. Continuous cleaning of up to 100 minutes
7. Large trash bin for non-stop cleaning
8. Self-charging and detects when the battery is low
2. Dibea 26KPa Powerful Suction Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner (Best 265k Powerful Suction Vacuum Cleaner)
Dibea 26KPa Powerful Suction Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner Quiet Lightweight Multi-Function Handheld is the ultimate multi-purpose cordless vacuum cleaner for home, office, and car. It’s a lightweight, compact device that can be used on all floors with ease.
The Dibea 26KPa is powerful and quiet enough to clean up messes without disturbing others in the home or office. It has a lot of features including an auto-recharge function that makes it easy to charge your battery when you’re not using it, a quick-release nozzle for easy cleaning, a soft brush to get into tight areas like under furniture, and walls, deep suction, and more!
The Dibea 26KPa is an ultra-powerful cordless vacuum cleaner that provides you with convenient cleaning without any cords or accessories. It’s small in size and lightweight, so you’ll be able to clean anywhere in your home with ease.
Specs Of This Product
- Dibea introduces our newest product, the cordless floor vacuum. This innovative product has a motor that’s powered by the latest technology. The powerful suction this machine produces is perfect for your everyday cleaning demands.
- With high-efficiency HEPA filtration, this vacuum cleaner provides the best clean you can get.
- The rotating design allows for a high speed of airflow, creating more suction power and better results with less time spent on cleaning.
- No need to use spray cleaners, it’s more alert and thorough.
- Uses 4 combined brush heads for a wide range of cleaning scenes such as stairs, cars and furnitures.
- Excellent storm suction for deep cleaning of all the corners and hard to reach places.
- Easily cleans up any mess with double independent motors and velvet soft bristles.
- Achieve full-scene cleaning of floors and carpets within a few minutes.
- Lightweight and portable to be used anywhere.
- Fully customizable with different attachments for different tasks.
- Ergonomic handle for people to hold the machine, it’s easy to use.
3. Bissell Zing Canister, 2156A Vacuum (Best Powerful Vacuum Cleaner For Floor & Carpet)
This vacuum cleans well using cyclonic technology that makes the suction powerful on all types of floor surfaces. Maneuvering around the house, including under the carpet, is easy because of the swivel steering and its light design. The vacuum is corded with automatic cord rewind making cleaning easier. The cord is 15ft, and thus the reach is significant for continuous cleaning. The dirt cup is detachable, making it hygienic to empty. The dust filters are also washable and recyclable, saving on the maintenance cost.
Benefits Of This Product
1. The cord is long enough for extended cleaning reach
2. Thorough cleaning as a result of cyclonic technology and powerful suction
3. Has a power rating of 9amp
4. Excellent on all types of floors
5. The lightweight of 7.5 pounds increases the portability level
6. Easy to empty the dirt cup since they are removable
4. Homasy Portable Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Cordless (Best Vacuum Cleaner With Cyclonic Suction Power)
No products found.
Homasy vacuum is cordless with great cyclonic suction. The ergonomic design allows the vacuum to be used effortlessly. The suction power is over 6000pa, and the vacuum is suitable for both wet and dry dirt. The vacuum is highly versatile as it only weighs 1880g. The lithium-ion battery of 2200mAh allows cleaning to be done for 30 minutes continuously. The airflow is 18L/S, and the maximum power suction is 22W. The vacuum has three accessories that complement it and ensure the cleaning is done even in hard-to-reach areas.
Benefits Of This Product
1. Effortless cleaning due to ergonomic design
2. Removes both wet and dry dirt
3. Cyclonic technology which ensures thorough cleaning
4. Uninterrupted cleaning because of durable lithium battery
5. Highly versatile as it is cordless and lightweight
6. Ultra-high power motor of 100W
5. ONSON Stick Vacuum Cleaner (Best Lightweight Vacuum With Powerful Suction)
No products found.
ONSON vacuum is limitless in terms of reachability as there are no bothersome wires. The suction power is 12000pa, which makes it superior in sucking up dust, leaving your house spotless. The lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 2200mAh further increases its strength and can run for 20-40 minutes non-stop. Cleaning of every corner of the home is made possible with ONSON adjustable head. After using it, the filter can be removed and washed to increase its efficiency.
Additionally, the vacuum comes with two brushes, which can be changed depending on the type of floor you are cleaning. One is meant for carpets and another for hard floors. Upgraded LED lights allow you to spot hidden dust for sparkling surfaces. Check its benefits below.
Benefits Of This Product
1. Two brushes designed to wash carpets and hard floors
2. Quite cleaning experience with powerful suction
3. The flexibility which comes with a cordless vacuum
4. All the corners of the house can be easily cleaned due to adjustable head
5. One-click release of dirt making it hygienic
6. Lightweight which makes cleaning less tiring
6. Holife Handheld Vacuum Cordless Hand Vacuum Cleaner (Best Suction Powered Vacuum With Great Motor)
No products found.
Holife has a powerful cyclonic vacuum of 6000pa. The vacuum is powered by a 100W motor to ensure the stability of the suction. Flexibility is guaranteed as there is no stress of getting entangled with the cord as the vacuum is cordless and sucks up wet and dry dirt. The lithium-ion battery has a capacity of 222mAh and gets charged up really fast. Being lightweight makes it more versatile, and you can clean all corners of the home effortlessly. The ergonomic design further increases its portability, and the vacuum uses a system with minimum noise. The dirt can easily be emptied by a click of a button, and the filters are washable. Check the reason why you should get one for yourself.
Benefits Of This Product
1. Stable, powerful suction with a great motor
2. Versatile because of its lightweight and 3 in 1 accessory
3. Cordless which allows for greater flexibility
4. A system that has the least noise
5. An uninterrupted wash of more than 30 mins because of battery quality and capacity
What To Consider When Searching For The Top Vacuum Cleaners By Suction
You cannot just go to the market and pick a vacuum just because you need one. Thorough research is needed to enable you to pick the right vacuum that best serves your needs. As much as you want a vacuum with powerful suction, you have to consider other features. How do you even know the power of the suction? Relax, we will explain to you the factors that you need to consider when looking for the best vacuum cleaners by suction. Check them below:
1. Motor Size
The size of the motor is measured in amps. Higher amps indicate a strong motor, which translates to powerful suction. The value of amp that is typically given by manufacturers is for a complete unit, which is not only for the motor but also LED lights or brush rolls. You should, therefore, know how much energy is used by other systems apart from the motor. From there you can calculate precisely the size of the motor. Sometimes it is indicated in the product description if you are purchasing online or in the manual. Get an excellent vacuum with powerful suction by buying one with a strong motor.
2. Number Of Motors
The vacuum can either have one or two motors. The vacuum with one motor uses it to power both the brush and vacuum while the one with two will run the vacuum while the other will run the brush. A two-motor vacuum is more powerful compared to a single one. Getting a two-motor vacuum with powerful suction will, therefore, result in superior cleaning.
3. Dirtbag Size
Having to keep on changing the dirtbag during cleaning is not only inconvenient but also disgusting. A sizeable dirtbag allows for continuous and effective cleaning. When the bag is full, the efficiency of the vacuum decreases. Get a vacuum with strong suction and an enlarged dirtbag. This ensures uninterrupted cleaning and efficiency of the vacuum. If you get a vacuum with a small bag, ensure you change it regularly to maintain the power of the suction even though it will be inconvenient.
4. Fill Location
The vacuum can have either an upright fill or a bottom fill. An upright fill leaves the trash to drop without any push. On the other hand, a bottom fill will force the vacuum to push the dirt up to create more space. This will strain the motor and thus decreasing the efficiency of the vacuum. Getting a vacuum with strong suction and upright fill will ensure the efficiency of the device is maintained at all times.
The airflow is typically measured in cubic centimeters per minute. The ability of the vacuum to take in more air indicates a higher suction, which sucks the dirt way better. A HEPA filtration system is an added advantage; however, you should ensure the vacuum with this system has more watts than the one which does not. This is because the fiber filter is much tinier compared to the sponge ones.
The lift ability is checked through inches of water or the mercury lift. The water lift is particularly essential as it is the right way of checking the power of the suction. The higher the inches of water raised by the vacuum, the powerful the suction is. However, some vacuum has different systems of preventing overheating, and therefore measuring inches of water is impossible.
7. Construction Material
As much as you are interested in the appearance, of great importance should be durability, total weight, and comfort of maintenance. The durability will ensure you get value for your money. The material used may determine the weight of the vacuum. However, the manufacturer will always indicate the weight of the vacuum in the manual.
The vacuum should be one that is designed well to allow easy maneuverability. The vacuums with ergonomics design are easy to use and less tiring. Get a vacuum that you do not get bored using by imagining the energy you have to summon to carry it around.
Comparison | Summary Of Top 6 Vacuum Cleaners By Suction
|Product Name||Feature/ Benefits|
|Eufy 11S MAX, Robot Vacuum Cleaner||3-point cleaning system |
smart & fun
versatile cleaning mode
advanced brushless motor
Drop-sensing technology trends lightly
|MOOSOO Cordless Vacuum||Perform well on all floor |
adjustable head angle
Cyclonic filtration system
strong Li-on batteries
Washable filter kits
|Bissell Zing Canister, 2156A Vacuum||Cyclonic technology |
Empty Dirt Cup
Air Flow Regulator
Multi-Surface Floor Tool
Automatic Cord Rewind
|Homasy Portable Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Cordless||Cyclonic technology |
100W ultra-high power motor
Strong lithium-ion battery
|ONSON Stick Vacuum Cleaner||Two brush heads for different types of floor|
Upgraded LED light replaceable filter
One-click release flexible head
Quickly charging capabilities
|Holife Handheld Vacuum (Cordless Hand Vacuum Cleaner)||Cordless|
3 in 1 accessory
FAQS On Vacuum Cleaners By Suction
Below are some questions on getting a good vacuum cleaner by suction:
Q: Which Is Appropriate Suction Power For Vacuum Cleaners?
This depends on your needs. People’s preferences vary, but generally, small motors consume less energy, and the suction power is low. The bigger motors consume more energy, but it has powerful suction. A vacuum with moderate suction power will be appropriate if you only need it for your home or small office. If you have substantial cleaning needs then a vacuum with powerful suction will be best for you.
Q: Between Canisters And Uprights, Which One Has The Highest Suction Power?
In most cases, the canisters will have higher power suction compared to upright vacuums. The brush roll and head of the upright are closer to the bag with the sweep-and-vibrate mode of cleaning. The spinning brush roll helps the upright vacuum to collect much dirt without necessarily depending on the power of suction. The trash bin for the upright is much more significant which further makes it more convenient. It means as much as the canisters have more suction power, the upright vacuum can be effective because of its features.
Q: Are There Any Demerits Of Having A Vacuum With Powerful Suction?
Yes, there are disadvantages that come with a high suction-powered vacuum. Though the benefit may outweigh the con it is good to understand them as well. A powerful suction consumes much energy due to the large size of its motor. The power of the motor can make it noisy which can be a nuisance for those who want to concentrate even during vacuuming. The vacuum can also wear quickly due to increased temperature variation.
Q: Between Shop-Vacs And Backpack Vacuums, Which One Has High Suction Power?
The shop-vac is designed for commercial reasons while backpack vacuums are for home and small office use. Since the shop-vac is expected to do substantial cleaning, their suction power is high compared to the standard home vacuum. Many models will go up to 200 CFM and are used in both wet and dry floors. Even though backpack vacuum may have low suction power it does not mean it is not effective. The distance between the dirt and air intake is decreased making it efficient even with less suction power.
No one really wants to invest in a vacuum that will still leave behind some dirt even after cleaning. This is probably the reason why you are looking for the best vacuum cleaners by suction. The power of the suction may be an indicator of how well the suction will do the cleaning. At times, however, it might be challenging to know how much suction you require based on your needs. For example, if you are looking for a commercial vacuum a shop-vac is recommended. ONSON has significant power suction and can, therefore, be used for commercial purposes or even in homes with high traffic.
As much as you want the vacuum with powerful suction, other features should not be overlooked. This is because the power of the suction may not necessarily indicate the efficiency and effectiveness of the vacuum. Upright vacuum, for instance, may have less suction power compared to canisters but still do a thorough cleaning. This is because of other features that compliment it. The suction power should also go hand in hand with the size of the motor. A vacuum suction with a small motor may make destabilize the device during cleaning.
Airflow is also something that should be considered when looking for a vacuum with powerful suction. The more the vacuum takes in the air the more its effectiveness. Check to ensure that the vacuum you buy has high airflow to ensure that the sucking of dirt is maximized, leaving the house conducive. If you go for a vacuum with a HEPA filter ensure that it has more watts as it will require more energy to push air in through the thin filters.
Never also underestimate the design of the vacuum since it determines how convenient and flexible it is. You will not want a powerful suction that will make you hate cleaning. Get something the will make you long for vacuuming your home. The ones with the ergonomic design are a perfect choice if you want a device that is easy to maneuver around. Holife Handheld Vacuum Cordless is a vacuum that you will not regret as it has powerful suction as well as ergonomically designed. The cleaning will, therefore, be more comfortable and less tiring.
Appearance should not blind you in choosing a vacuum with powerful suction. Check to ensure the material used is durable and makes the vacuum light. You will not want to get many people to help you carry the vacuum around the home. Suppose they are not there? Does it mean the cleaning will not be done? To avoid all these, get a portable vacuum with powerful suction. Bissell Zing Canister is a vacuum that is recommended because it has strong suction and is lightweight. Carefully go through the six vacuums reviewed based on their suction power. Hopefully, this guide will have done so much to make your work of choosing the right vacuum easier.
Last update on 2022-05-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API