Over the years, there have been innovations in the cleaning industry with more people embracing cleaning tools that won’t take much time and energy. Spin mops definitely are a great way to efficiently clean messes both at home and in the office. Cleaning floors can be tedious and daunting, but with the best spin mop, it becomes ultimately quick and easy.
The growing demand for spin mops has made the market flooded with each manufacturer claiming that their product is the best. In this article, we’ll review some of the most reliable spin mops in the market. Also included is a buying guide to help you make the right purchasing decision.
What is a Spin Mop?
A Spin Mop is a small and lightweight floor cleaning mop that consists of a squeegee-type wand with an absorbent pad on the end. The wand is attached to a long handle and the pad is attached to the head. This type of mop can be used on hard floors as well as carpets, which makes it versatile.
The Spin Mop has been recently getting popularized in homes and offices because they work well for hard surfaces such as tile, wood, or laminate floors without leaving behind streaks or water spots.
In terms of effectiveness, they can replace traditional cleaning tools such as sponges, scrubber pads, and mops. They also make things easier for people who have problems with their wrists or hands because they do not require you to wring out clean water after use.
Spin Mops are often used in commercial kitchens. These are designed to make cleaning more efficient and effective by saving time and effort spent on making sure that surfaces get properly cleaned despite any cooking mistakes made during the process.
Which Types of Spin Mops are There?
There are four main types of spin mops that exist: traditional microfiber mini mop, water-less self-wringing spin mop, rotating head floor cleaner and scrubber and the last one being a multi-function cleaning device with brush and scrubber attachments.
Here is the overview of each one:
- Traditional microfiber mini spin mopThe traditional microfiber mini spin mop is a great way to clean up messes in your home. This type of mop can be used on most surfaces, including hardwood floors and laminate floors. It has a bucket-less design and can easily be stored in cabinets or closets due to its size. This product uses water as its cleaning solution so it is safe for use around children. It also has a long lasting formula that is both effective and gentle on surfaces.
- Water-less self-wringing spin mopThe concept of a self-wringing spin mop is a great idea. The system uses no water and it’s easy to use. It is also easy to clean up after use. This product has been tested by professionals and consumers who are satisfied with the results.
- Rotating head floor cleaner and scrubber spin mopThe Rotating head floor cleaner and scrubber spin mop combines the power of a scrubber with a rotating brush head. The machine is easy to use and can clean entire floors in no time.Rotating head floor cleaner with scrubber eliminates dirt, dust, grime and bacteria from the floor. It is gentle on the floors while cleaning.
- Multi-function cleaning device with brush and scrubber attachments.The flip and lock system lets you easily change from mopping to scrubbing. The 360-degree rotating head is designed to reach hard-to-reach dirt and grime without bending. The high-quality scrubber attachment cleans the toughest stains without scratching or stripping away any paint or coating. Plus, the mop bucket is lightweight, durable and easy to remove for quick cleaning.The Shark Genius Steam Mop is a device that will help clean your floors in no time. It has a 360 swivel head that makes maneuvering in tight spaces easy, and it can also be used on tile, vinyl and laminate flooring. It has a scrubber and brush attachments to help with more intense cleaning jobs.
Spin Mops Buying Guide
Spin mops are designed to get your floor sparkling clean in no time. However, with so many models in the market, finding the best spin mop for your needs can be quite tricky. To help you out, here are some things to keep in mind when shopping for spin mops.
1. Spin Mechanism
When it comes to the spinning mechanism, there are two types: the foot pedal system or a lever on the handle. Some pedals spin by stepping on the soot pedal while others achieve a spin action by pressing down on the handles. Both mechanisms have their own pros and cons; you just need to see what works best for you.
2. Ease Of Use
The reason why one opts for spin mops rather than conventional mops is for them to enjoy an effortless cleaning experience. A good spin mop should be effortless and easy to use. Also, you should opt for a spin mop system that comes with clear instructions that are easy to understand.
3. Mop Head Material
Typically, almost all spin mop heads have microfiber fabric. Microfiber is the preferred material because it is highly absorbent and releases dirt and grime easily when washed. It is also very gentle on floors. Nonetheless, there are other mop head materials for tackling stubborn stains.
4. Telescoping Handle
A telescoping handle is an added convenience because it allows you to adjust it according to your height preference. This way, you can clean hard-to-reach areas without arching your back.
Before you go shopping for a spin mop, it is imperative to consider the size of the area you are planning to clean. For instance, if you are planning to clean large-sized rooms, a spin mop with a larger head would be ideal to get the job done.
6. Pivoting Head
It is wise to consider the pivoting head especially if you want to clean under the furniture or in tight spaces. A unit with a flexible pivoting head will clean effectively under furniture, corners, and other hard-to-reach places.
7. Bucket Capacity And Design
Another thing that you should evaluate before making a buying decision is the design and capacity of the bucket. You want to ensure that it is large enough to hold the water needed for the spaces that you clean regularly.
Also, ensure that it comes in a design that adds to its convenience. For instance, a drain plug will enable you to get rid of the dirty water with ease while splash guards will prevent water from sloshing on the floor.
Best Spin Mop Reviews | Our Best Picks
1. MOPNADO Deluxe Rolling Spin Mop (Best Spin Mop For Hardwood & Tile Floors)
If you are looking for a high-end spin mop that is packed with amazing features, then the MOPNADO Deluxe Rolling spin mop would be a great choice. This product offers amazing cleaning power and can effectively clean all types of floors including concrete, hardwood, tile, vinyl, and laminated.
One thing that makes this spin mop stand out is the fact that it offers a lot in just one package. This high-quality set includes a bucket with wheels and an in-built cleaning solution dispenser, a mop, scrub brush attachment, and stainless steel rod. This takes out the need to purchase the whole floor cleaning system all over again.
The mop heads have a 180-degree swivel that gets the job done in hard-to-reach areas. Better yet, the extendable 56” handle and lock make cleaning windows and ceiling fans a breeze. The mop heads are very durable and machine washable; hence, you can use them over and over again without the need for replacement.
Despite having many features, this spin mop is very easy to use. Unlike most spin mops, it comes with mop plates to allow quick rinsing of the mop heads. Hence, little energy and time will be needed to spin the mop and scrub dirt from the surface.
1. Durable stainless steel handle
2. Suitable for cleaning all types of floors
3. 2 wheels and handles allow maneuverability
4. High-quality material
5. Mop heads are machine washable and easy to change
6. Durable stainless steel dry bucket
1. Small mop head
2. The bottom neck is likely to break
2. O-Cedar Easy Wring Spin Mop (Best Self Wringing Spin Mop With Micro Fiber)
Developed by the reputable O-Cedar brand, this spin mop comes in a simple design that includes just a bucket and a mop. It offers a unique cleaning system for an exceptional cleaning experience.
The bucket is designed with a built-in wringer that promotes hands-free wringing, so you can have an effortless cleaning routine. Also, the bucket includes a foot pedal that helps with the wringing process. To activate the bucket, you just need to step on the foot pedal and the wringing process will begin.
What’s more, the foot pedal can be used to adjust the level of moisture needed depending on the dirt level and type of floor. This way, your floor will not soak with a lot of water.
The mop comes in a triangular design that makes it possible to clean hard-to-reach areas and smaller spaces. Although its handle is not flexible, the mop can bend at 90 degrees and the pivot head does a great job at maneuvering. If you dislike sloshing the solution as you clean, you will appreciate the splashguard system that keeps the solution in the bucket.
1. Built-in wringer that ensures effortless cleaning
2. Deep-cleaning microfiber head that effectively removes dirt
3. Telescopic 3-section handle
4. Foot pedal spinning mechanism that controls the moisture level
5. The mop can bend at 90 degrees for maneuvering
1. Does not separate clean from dirty water
3. Twist And Shout Spin Mop (Best Portable Spin Mop)
If you are on a budget, you cannot go wrong with this best-selling hand-push spin mop. This is amongst the most user-friendly spin mops in the market that can deliver thorough cleaning results.
Compared to other spin mops that come with activated pedals, this product has a self-wringing mechanism that enables you to clean different types of floors. The self-wringing system is activated by just a push of the button, and it rotates 2, 500 rpm. This can significantly ease up your cleaning effort eight times than when you are using conventional mops.
For smooth and effective cleaning under furniture, the set features a handy 180-degree swivel head. Another great spec is this mop head that is made up of 8000-strand microfiber material. It can absorb up to eight times more than conventional mops and lock in dust and stains 3 times more than cotton mops.
1. Self-wringing mop head
2. Telescoping handle for cleaning difficult-to-reach areas
3. Portable design
4. 180 degrees swivel action
5. Can be doubled up as a dry mop
1. Bucket doesn’t feature wheels
2. Handle is prone to breaking
4. Aootek Upgraded Stainless Steel Deluxe 360 Spin Mop (Best Eco Friendly Spin Mop System)
Another great spin mop on our list is this model from Aootek that is designed with durability in mind. Both the spin mop dry basket and handle are made from high-quality stainless steel.
Incorporated with the centrifugal spinning mechanism, this spin mop will make you clean your floors without breaking a sweat. The handle is designed with an easy-to-push design for spinning off excess water.
Another great feature of this mop is that its head is made of microbial. Unlike cotton mop heads, it cleans effectively without leaving dirt or streaking behind. What’s more, it is machine washable and is designed to clean as well as dry floors. The user can also move the mop in difficult-to-reach areas without much hassle thanks to its 360 degrees pivoting head.
With this product, you can be assured that you will experience no leaks. This is because it is a self-wringing mop that doesn’t include moving parts like wheels, agitator, spinning axis, or foot pedal. Plus, the bucket is light yet very sturdy.
1. High-efficiency cleaning system
2. Microfiber, washable mop
3. Eco-friendly design
4. Lightweight design
5. Less leakage
6. Mop head swiveling action
1. Bucket lacks wheels
2. The bucket is a bit small
5. HAPINNEX Easy Spin 360 Degrees Press Mop Bucket Set (Best Dry and Wet Mode Spin Mop)
Designed with user-friendliness and innovative design in mind, the HAPINNEX Easy spin mop is an affordable unit that comes with appealing features found inexpensive models. It features two washable mop heads made from microfiber material that will absorb all the dirt leaving you with a clean floor than a cotton mop would.
This mop exceeds many expectations as it uses two modes: wet and dry mode.
So apart from cleaning surfaces, it doubles up as a dry mop that can be used to pick up dust and hair. With this, you will undoubtedly get more out of your investment. Plus, the mop heads are machine washable and can last 6-12 months.
A unique spec of this mop bucket set is the self-balanced technology that enables you to carry the bucket without spilling water. Plus, it features a splash guard for splash-free mopping sessions.
Forget about conventional mops that are incorporated with foot pedals, wheels, and other unnecessary parts that cause leakage. This unit features a centrifugal spinning design that enables you to clean and dry the mop head without any hassles. The adjustable stainless steel handle along with the 360-degree spin on the mop ensures maneuverability to give you a clean surface at all times.
1. Features microfiber material that is tough on stains but delicate on surfaces
2. Liquid drain hole to prevent spilling
3. Easy to assemble
4. Easy to use pivoting head
5. Doubles up as a dry and wet mop
1. The water bucket is shaky when filled with water
2. Limited accessories
6. Hurricane Spin Mop Cleaning System (Best Spin Mop With Telescopic Handle)
The Hurricane spin mop is designed to clean and mop hardwood floors at once without resulting in damages. Nonetheless, it can clean and polish other types of floors with ease. This is thanks to its 2 compartment bucket that contains an integrated sling and uses the patented centrifugal spinning technology to spin and collect dirty water. Simply dunk the mop in the bucket head and push the pedal with your foot. This will leave you with a clean mop head.
This spin mop also boasts of an innovative 360 degrees mop head to get the job done even in areas that are hard to reach. The mop features a microfiber cover that absorbs dirt, grime, and hair effectively.
1. Features centrifugal spinning technology
2. Effectively removes stubborn stains and dirt without damaging floors
3. Lightweight design for maneuverability
4. Expandable telescopic handle
5. 360 degrees pivoting mop head
1. Handle is fragile
2. Bucket lacks wheels
3. Not practical in larger areas
7. Goplus Microfiber Magic Spin Mop (Best Spin Mop With No Electricity Required)
No products found.
Save energy and cut the cleaning time with the Goplus Microfiber Magic Spin Mop that uses centrifugal force to dry the mop head. Consequently, the user will have a clean and dry mop without getting his hands dirty.
This equipment features an innovative 360-degree design that can clean a wide range of surfaces including auto interior, kitchen, and bathroom. It has this super-thin microfiber cover that ensures high absorption of dirt, grime, and oil without causing any damage to the floors.
With this mop, you can comfortably clean all areas thanks to the long handle that can be adjusted from 45 to 180 degrees. Although the bucket has no wheels, it can still be moved around in small areas. What’s more, the washable mop comes with 360 degrees of action with a no-shock or spill design.
1. Washable mop that can work on dry and wet surfaces
2. Microfiber mop head with great absorbency
3. Doesn’t require electricity to operate
4. Flexible, adjustable handle
5. Doesn’t shock, spill, or damage floors
1. Spinning mechanism operates only when the handle is in upright
5 Reasons to Invest in a Spin Mop
Spin mops are an efficient and effective way to clean a floor. They have been designed to make it easier for people to clean the floors, especially when they are in short supply of time.
1. Efficient Cleaning – A spin mop is able to clean a greater surface area quicker than an everyday cleaning cloth.
2. Safer Cleaning – Because it cleans in a circular motion, it prevents bacteria from spreading and germs from staying on surfaces. This not only promotes healthier living but also protects people that may be allergic to cleaners or chemicals used in regular cleaning products.
3. Effective Mopping – No longer does the need for paper towels exist when you can use the spinning mop heads for mopping up messes without any additional chemicals involved!
4. Convenience – Many households have already found uses for their new spin mop that don’t require washing or drying as the water is absorbed by a special polymer matrix.
5. More coverage – Spin mops give you a cleaner floor in less time. They can be used on different surfaces, including tile, wood, laminate, and marble floors. They can be also used in place of paper towels or rugs if they get too dirty or wet.
5 Ways to Clean a Floor with a Spin Mop
There are different ways to clean a floor using a spin mop. A spin mop is a type of floor-cleaning appliance that uses the force of air generated from rotary movement to clean and dry floors.
1) Use the soft bristles on the front side of the mop head to remove dust and grime from hard-to-reach places, such as under furniture.
2) Scrub the area with a microfiber cloth, then rinse with water.
3) Saturate an area with soap solution, then scrub it again with either water or cleaning solution.
4) Use warm water to loosen dirt before scrubbing it off; rinse off soap residue before drying or use dry cloths for quicker cleaning.
5) Wet your mop head and the best way to clean a floor with a spin mop is by using the technique of swiping. Swiping involves using one side of the mop head and just going in one direction, and then switching sides and going in the opposite direction. The scrubbing motion will help you break up dirt and also get rid of residue left behind from cleaning products.
Why You Should Clean a Linoleum Floor with a Spin Mop
There are several reasons why you should use a Linoleum Floor Mop for your home.
After all, who wants to live in a dirty and cluttered house? Even if you vacuum your floor every day, it is easy to miss some spots or dust bunnies. A Spin Mop can help clean the floor much more effectively and efficiently than using a regular vacuum cleaner.
Linoleum floors are easier to clean than hardwood floors because they are smooth and have fewer seams. They also don’t require sweeping or scrubbing because the surface is smooth and resistant to stains.
A linoleum floor is a much cheaper type of flooring compared to other types. It is also easier to maintain and can resist stains better than wood and tile.
This option is best for people with little time on their hands who are looking for an affordable flooring option.
While there is a myriad of spin mops in the market, finding the most suitable for your needs is imperative. The above spin mops come with beneficial features that will meet your cleaning needs. Make sure that you keep in mind factors such as pivoting head, telescoping handle, material, and ease of use to help you find the best spin mop that can make your place spick-and-span.
Last update on 2021-11-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API