An entire process of kitchen faucet replacement might take around 1-1.5 hours if you’re a professional. But the task can consume more time if you don’t have previous experience. A faucet is an essential accessory for your kitchen, and you need to take care of that. Without the kitchen faucet, you can’t wash dishes and can’t rinse your hands when needed. Therefore, proper maintenance of your kitchen faucet is something that you can’t ignore. There is nothing specific about the required time to replace the faucet of your kitchen. It depends upon how well you know the procedure of replacing a faucet.
To know about the replacement process properly, we have to advance step by step. Before thinking of the required time period, you have to know when to change the faucet and how to do that. Then you can get an estimate of the required time for completing the process.
How Do You Determine The Right Time To Change Your Kitchen Faucet?
Replacing the kitchen faucet in time is important for you. There are some signs that you will be able to notice if the faucet needs replacements. Let’s see what those signs and factors are-
1. Rusty Faucet
Are you having trouble while moving the handle of your faucet? It can be a sign that the faucet is not doing fine. Basically, you face problems while moving the handle of the faucet when it gets rusty. The handle gets jammed due to the inner layer of rust. The faucet might also produce a cracking sound when you try to move that if it has got rusty. Moreover, you might have to wait for a couple of seconds for water after you turn on the faucet. These signs clearly indicate that your faucet has become dusty and you have to replace that.
2. Presence Of Mineral Deposits
As the faucet gets older, mineral deposits gather in the inner side of the faucet. Once you discover that a layer of mineral deposits has got thickened, you should attempt to replace the faucet. That layer prevents the faucet from functioning normally and optimally. Sometimes, you might see the presence of mineral deposits in the water output as well. When you wash dishes with that water, the mineral particles get transferred to the dishes. Later on, when you use those dishes while eating, the mineral deposits get inside your body. That’s not at all a healthy thing for you.
3. When It Is Too Old
You must consider replacing the faucet if it’s too old. As an example, if you’re using the same faucet for 10-15 years, it’s time to replace that. As a faucet gets older, you don’t get a normal water outcome from that. Most of the faucets last and works fine for 7-8 years. If you’re using a faucet that is older than 8 years, replace that with a new one. Otherwise, you might have to face different health hazards.
5. If Leakage Is Happening Frequently
If you’re noticing frequent leakages in your faucet, you should think of replacing it. Try to repair the leakages once or twice. If you have to spend on repairments repeatedly, consider buying a new one. There’s no point in spending on a damaged device repeatedly.
Let’s have a quick look at the main differences between a normal faucet and a damaged faucet.
|Normal Faucet||Damaged Faucet|
|Once leakage happens, you can repair that damage permanently.||Leakages would happen frequently and you will have to spend a lot on repairing those.|
|You will get water instantly as you turn on the faucet and you will get clear water.||When the faucet is damaged, the water outcome might contain mineral deposits.|
|You won’t get hard water from a normal faucet.||A damaged faucet will deliver hard water on a long-term basis.|
Here’s The Best The Kitchen Faucet
|Serial||Name||Item Weight||Product Dimensions|
|01||Moen 7594C Arbor One-Handle||5.99 Pounds||24.75 x 12.25 x 3.5 inches|
|02||Moen 7864EWSRS Sleek Motionsense||7.5 Pounds||8.5 x 10.38 x 15.56 inches|
|03||Moen 7185SRS Brantford One-Handle||6.64 Pounds||24.75 x 12.25 x 3.5 inches|
|04||Moen 7185ORB Brantford One-Handle||4 Pounds||7.88 x 2.31 x 15.5 inches|
|05||Kraus KPF-1691MB Britt||8.58 Pounds||10.63 x 4.25 x 22.25 inches|
How Can You Replace Your Kitchen Faucet?
Keep at least 1.5-2 hours in your hand for replacing your kitchen faucet perfectly. There are a few steps that you have to follow when you’re trying to replace your kitchen faucet. Here, we are going to guide you step by step to replace your old kitchen faucet perfectly.
1. You’ll find the shut-off valves in the cabinet underneath the sink. You should turn off both the hot water and cold water shut-off valves firstly.
2. After that, turn on the faucet and leave that turned on for some time. In that way, you will release the pressure inside the faucet.
3. You should arrange an adjustable wrench and two channel-locking pliers before start the operation. After you have released the inner pressure, you have to disconnect the water lines using the tools.
4. You’ll see that a particular nut is holding the entire faucet assembly in the proper place. Use the wrench to remove the nut so that you can displace the faucet assembly.
5. In case if the sink is connected to a hose, disconnect the hose before you proceed further.
6. Now, you can comfortably pull off the old faucet from its place and keep it away.
7. Make sure that you clean the sink after you pull off the old faucet. You can use a liquid cleaner to clean the sink. Clean the whole area properly before you install the new one.
8. Now, install the new faucet in the right place where the old one was placed. You can measure the place before installing it. In that way, you can avoid the chances of misplacing the new faucet.
9. Check if the new faucet has fitted into the proper place of the sink or not. If you find cracks, you can fill those with a plumber’s putty.
10. Now put the main nut in the right place that holds the faucet tightly and properly. Use the wrench and pliers to complete the installation.
11. After you complete the installation process, you have to attach the water connections to the valve. Also, attach the hose to the sink.
12. Once you have completed the entire process, turn on the water lines and the shut-off valves. Then, open the faucet to check if there is any leakage anywhere. If you find any leakage, you should tighten the whole arrangement and all the connections.
This is the complete guide to replace your old faucet with the new one. You just have to follow these instructions step by step to complete the replacement. Once you gain expertise in replacing the faucet yourself, you won’t have to call up a plumber frequently. Whenever the faucet gets damaged, you will be able to repair that yourself easily. That will save you from spending extra money on repairing your kitchen faucet.
How Long Can It Take To Replace Your Kitchen Faucet?
Are you familiar with plumbing tasks? If you’re, then you will not have to spend a lot of time. Otherwise, you will find it very difficult to complete the entire process. It will take a lot of time for you as well. Let’s check out how long it takes in an average to get the task completed-
1. The first phase consumes a lot of time. In this phase, you have to pull out the old faucet and that’s probably the hardest part. After a long time, when you attempt to open the nuts and connections, that seems pretty difficult. The nuts get jammed and sometimes get rusty as well. For a professional, it might take 20-30 minutes to displace the old faucet. But as a beginner, you might have to spend 45 mins to complete that.
2. After you pull off the old faucet, you are supposed to clean the sink. That’s a time-taking task indeed. Therefore, 20-25 mins will pass easily while you clean the sink properly.
3. After cleaning, you will have to place the new faucet in the right place and connect all the water lines. This phase usually doesn’t consume too much time. Professionals will install the new faucet within 15-20 mins while beginners will take 5-10 mins more.
So, you might have to spend approximately 1-1.5 hours to get the whole task done.
It’s not too difficult to replace your kitchen faucet if you have a little knowledge about plumbing. If you don’t even have the basic knowledge of plumbing, don’t try to do it yourself. In such a case, it’s better to call a professional plumber. But plumbers charge a lot of amount as installation charges. If you’re not ready to spend a lot of money on the installation of the new faucet, try the above-mentioned steps. The thorough guideline must help you to replace the old kitchen faucet quickly.
Last update on 2022-07-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API