Last Updated on July 13, 2023 By Emma W. Thomas
The Intex inflatable couch has mixed reviews, with both positive and negative aspects. On the positive side, it offers portability, affordability, and convenience as it can be easily inflated and deflated for storage or transport. It can serve as a temporary seating solution for guests or outdoor activities. However, some users report that the couch may lack durability and stability, with concerns about air leaks and deflation over time. The comfort level may vary, with some finding it satisfactory for short-term use, while others find it less supportive.
Jump To A Section
Features Of An Intex Inflatable Sofa
The Intex Inflatable Sofa is equipped with a range of impressive features that make it a top choice for comfortable and convenient seating. Here are some key features of this innovative product:
- Versatility: The Intex Inflatable Sofa can be easily converted from a sofa into a spacious lounger or even a cozy bed, making it ideal for a variety of settings. Whether you need extra seating in your living room or a comfortable sleeping solution for guests, this sofa has you covered.
- Durability: Made from high-quality materials, the Intex Inflatable Sofa is designed to withstand regular use. The sturdy construction and reinforced seams ensure that it can hold up well over time, providing you with a long-lasting seating solution.
- Easy Inflation: This inflatable sofa comes with a convenient electric pump that allows for quick and effortless inflation. Simply plug in the pump, attach it to the sofa, and watch it inflate within minutes. This eliminates the hassle of manual inflation and saves you valuable time and effort.
- Compact and Portable: One of the standout features of the Intex Inflatable Sofa is its portability. When deflated, it can be easily folded and stored in a compact carrying bag, making it perfect for travel or camping trips. Its lightweight design also ensures easy transportation from one place to another.
- Comfortable Design: The sofa features a plush, flocked seating surface that provides optimum comfort for hours of relaxation. The backrest is designed to provide adequate support, allowing you to sit or lie down in a comfortable position. The neutral color and modern design ensure that it seamlessly blends into any home decor.
- Easy Maintenance: Cleaning the Intex Inflatable Sofa is a breeze. The waterproof material allows for effortless wiping of spills or stains, keeping it looking clean and fresh. The sofa also comes with a repair patch kit, enabling you to quickly fix any minor punctures or leaks.
Pros Of Intex Inflatable Couches
Inflatable couches are extremely comfortable. When you exert pressure on it, it moves the air in it and sinks just a little bit to accommodate your body weight. On your normal sofa, the materials used to make it are hard and rigid. They do not bend to pressure. Even with cushions, sometimes a normal couch will feel hard on the body and not be as soft.
2. Light And Easy To Move Around
Air makes up most of the couch. Therefore, the inflatable sofas are not heavy even when inflated, making it easy to move them around. Most weigh less than 10 pounds, which is light enough for an adult to lift. A normal couch requires two or more people to move it to the desired spot.
Once you deflate the Intex inflatable sofa, you can fit it in a bag and carry it to wherever you want. The size of a deflated sofa is almost the same as a folded bed sheet.
3. It Is Versatile
Traditional sofas are not the most versatile items. You can have them in your living room, bedroom, or patio, but going camping with an entire sofa would be difficult. On the other hand, an inflatable sofa solves all these problems; it is usable in almost all environments and places.
You can take inflated sofa when going camping, fishing, beach trips, or office; it does not matter where and when you want to use them.
An inflatable sofa has two layers, the inner bladder and the outer layer, which is harder and more damage-resistant than the inner one. These two can be replaced when they get damaged. Repairs are not expensive. They are easy, quick, and can be done without professional help.
The inflatable couches are made according to the principle of ergonomics. The sofa uses buoyancy to support your body by evenly distributing your weight on itself. When your body weight is distributed evenly, you can quickly get rid of fatigue than on the normal couch.
The sofa does not have to keep the look it comes with from the manufacturers. You can print a cover for your inflated sofa to give it a new look. Therefore if you love changing up the look of your surroundings, the inflatable couches can be helpful and pocket friendly.
7. Space Savers
You can easily store inflatable sofas after use. Once you deflate it, you can fold and put it in a bag. And, since they come in different sizes and shapes, you can pick whichever fits your storage needs.
8. Easy To Clean
Cleaning an inflatable sofa is as easy as you need to deflate and throw it in your washing machine. It does not require some technique or major work to take the dirt off it. Most are both hand and machine-washable.
9. Pocket Friendly
Inflatable sofas tend to be far more affordable than traditional couches. Normal sofas are expensive due to the materials used and mechanisms put into making them
Cons Of Intex Inflatable Couches
Intex inflatable couches have gained popularity for their affordability and convenience. However, there are some drawbacks associated with these products. It is important to consider the cons before making a purchase:
- Durability: One of the major drawbacks of Intex inflatable couches is their durability. They are constructed using PVC material, which can easily get punctured or damaged. This makes them vulnerable to tears, leaks, and deflation. Users often report that these couches do not last long and may require frequent repairs or replacements, making them less cost-effective in the long run.
- Comfort: While Intex inflatable couches may seem comfortable initially, they lack the support and firmness provided by traditional couches. The inflatable design may not provide adequate back and neck support, leading to discomfort during prolonged sitting or lounging sessions. The cushions may also lose their ability to retain air, resulting in a sagging or uneven seating surface.
- Maintenance: Another drawback is the maintenance required for Intex inflatable couches. They need to be inflated and deflated regularly, which can be time-consuming and inconvenient. Additionally, users need to find a suitable storage space to keep them when not in use. Cleaning can also be a hassle as these couches cannot be machine washed, requiring careful spot cleaning.
- Limited Weight Capacity: Intex inflatable couches often have a limited weight capacity compared to traditional couches. This can be a disadvantage for users who are on the heavier side or want to accommodate multiple people on the couch. Exceeding the weight capacity can lead to instability and the risk of the couch bursting or deflating.
- Aesthetic Appeal: While not a major concern for everyone, some users may find the aesthetic appeal of Intex inflatable couches lacking. The design options are limited, and the inflatable nature can make them appear less sophisticated or stylish compared to traditional furniture options.
How To Inflate A Intex Inflatable Sofa
You have to fill the inflatable sofa with air to use it. Here are the various ways to do so:
#1 Run Against The Wind
You can inflate your couch by running it against the wind when the weather is windy. Open the sofa widely and run against the wind, and then hold it shut when the couch has gathered enough air. This method is a bit outdated and should not be your first choice.
#2 Use An Electric Pump Or Manual Pump
Of all the ways you can fill up your inflatable sofa or furniture, this is by far the best alternative. Electric pumps are available in different nozzle sizes, and you can easily get one.
Manual pumps require more effort and more time than electric pumps.
Using your hairdryer, you can quickly fill up your inflatable sofa.
#4 Using Your Mouth
Using your mouth to inflate a couch can be harder than most techniques. But, it can help in an emergency. All you need is to blow in air to the couch using your mouth until it is fully inflated.
#5 Use An Electric Fan
In this method, you need to open the air valve of the inflatable sofa and get air in using an electric fan. Close the sofa up when there is enough air in it.
What To Consider When Buying An Inflatable Sofa
2. Weight Of The Sofa
With an inflatable sofa, you want it to be light enough to carry and move about and heavy enough not to be blown away by the wind.
3. Ease Of Inflation And Deflation
Always go for a couch that is easy to inflate and deflate. Before you leave the store, it is advisable to consult an expert on setting up the sofa.
4. Your Budget
The amount you have and are willing to use in your purchase will dictate the range of sofas you can buy. Look for the best brand, and from there, you can assess which fits your needs and finances.
Here Are Some Of The Costs And Features Of Common Brands:
|Wekapo inflatable lounge sofa
|Portable and waterproof
|Intex pull out
|Ideal sofa for the lounge and backyards
|Alpha being lounge sofa
|Best for traveling, hiking, and camping to long distances
|Hammock inflatable couch
|A couch with a pillow, comfortable. One of the best inflatable sofas for the living rooms.
|Beautrip air couch
|One of the best backyard chairs.
|SEGOAL inflatable bed camping chair
|A couch with a pillow, excellent bed camping
How To Deflate An Inflatable Sofa
To deflate an inflatable sofa, follow these steps:
- Locate the air valve: Look for the air valve on the sofa. It is typically a small plastic or rubber piece that can be opened and closed.
- Open the air valve: Remove the cap or cover from the air valve to expose the opening.
- Release the air: Press down on the sofa to compress the air inside. Simultaneously, open the air valve by twisting or pulling it to allow the air to escape.
- Fold or roll the sofa: As the air is being released, start folding or rolling the sofa from one end towards the air valve. This will help push out the remaining air and make the deflation process easier.
- Remove any remaining air: Once the sofa is folded or rolled up, press down on it again to squeeze out any remaining air. This will help make it more compact for storage.
- Close the air valve: After deflating the sofa completely, close the air valve by replacing the cap or covering it securely.
How To Use An Inflatable Sofa
An inflatable sofa can hold up to 600 pounds in weight so that you can use it as a regular couch.
You can also use the sofa as patio furniture, extra seating for guests, or a cheap sofa for the kids’ playroom. An inflatable sofa is good for kids as it is easy to clean and does not take time to set up.
Intex inflatable sofa is also designed for camping; it has a compartment in the base where you can fill it with water to weigh it down.
An inflatable couch can be used as a temporary bed. Despite most of the inflatable sofas being small, some are larger, and others have pull-out mattresses.
Inflatable sofas are a good invention; they bring something to the table that the normal couch does not have. Intex sofas are made especially for people who love camping or other outdoor activities. The hard outer layer that prevents tearing and the water compartment that holds them down makes the Intex sofa a good purchase.
Emma is a graduate of Domestic Science or Family and Consumer Sciences (Home Economics) from the University of Wisconsin. She has 7 years of experience Working with the strategic section of BestBuy and now writing full-time for Homeeon.
From Managing the Home, Interiors, Cleaning, and Exteriors to Gardening and everything about Making A Home Liveable – is her passion and this Homeeon is the result of this.
Emma loves decorating her home with the best stuff found online. She cares about quality over anything and writes reviews about them here in Homeeon. Get in touch with her over Pinterest.
Keep reading her blogs.