You can cook a frozen pizza without a conventional oven with the help of a grill or a toaster oven. Also, you can cook a frozen pizza on a stovetop. All you need is some basic kitchen equipment and materials. The key element in all the above-mentioned methods is following the process properly. Let’s discuss this in more detail.
How To Cook Frozen Pizza On A Stovetop?
If you don’t have an oven, you can still experience the ease of having a frozen pizza as and when you are hungry. You need a few basic kitchen equipment and a few minutes on hand.
The kitchen equipment that you will need are as mentioned below:
1. A burner stove
2. A pan with a lid
3. A skillet
The skillet and the pan should be big enough to hold the pizza, or else you will need to cut the pizza before cooking and heat each piece separately. A pre-seasoned cast iron skillet will be best for the purpose and will enhance the taste as well.
If your pan does not have a lid, you can use another pan of equal size to cover the pan. Covering the pan is essential to trap the heat. This is important in the case of a stove as the heating is done from only one side. Therefore, for evenly cooking the pizza and its toppings from all sides, it is essential to trap the heat.
Let’s discuss the method of cooking the frozen pizza in more detail.
First of all, Place the skillet in the pan and grease the pan with olive oil or any other oil of your choice. Make sure you use an ample amount of oil as it is essential for your pizza to cook evenly without burning.
Grape seed oil and avocado oil are best as they enhance the taste and do not burn very quickly. You can also use vegetable oil as it does not smoke easily. However, it isn’t as healthy as olive oil, grape seed oil, or avocado oil.
This Table illustrates The Smoke Point For Different Oils That Can Be Used For Cooking Your Frozen Pizza.
|Cooking oils||Smoke point (in Farhenite)|
|Avocado oil||520 degree|
|Olive oil||405 degree|
|Grape seed oil||421 degree|
1. Place the pan on the stove and pre-heat the pan for a while.
2. After the pre-heating process, place the frozen pizza or pizza pieces on the skillet. Cover the pan with a lid and turn the flame on low for a few minutes. After some time, turn the flame on medium heat and cook for a few minutes more.
3. If, during the cooking process, it starts to smoke, turn the flame down and add some more oil to the pan.
4. During the entire process, you need to proceed with caution as you can end up ruining the taste of your pizza or having a kitchen fire. Keep checking the pizza in between the process to make sure that it is getting cooked evenly and not burning.
5. You will know that your pizza is ready when the crust turns golden brown, and the cheese is melted properly and is bubbling up. Remove the pizza from the pan and enjoy the stove cooked pizza.
The time taken to cook the frozen pizza will depend on the size and amount of toppings. However, in most cases, your pizza will be ready in 15 minutes to 20 minutes.
Apart from the stove, you can also prepare the pizza on a grill. Let’s discuss the process in detail.
How To Cook A Frozen Pizza On A Grill?
In the absence of an oven, you can cook a frozen pizza even on a grill. Preparing the frozen pizza on a grill is not only easy but also adds a great flavor to it, which could even turn out better than an oven cooked pizza.
The equipment required will be as follows.
1) A gas grill or a charcoal grill and
2) A pizza pan
The process of cooking a frozen pizza on a grill is as follows.
1. Preheat the gas grill with its lid closed on medium until it reaches 450 degrees to 500 degrees Farhenite on the grill thermometer. In case you are using a charcoal grill, make sure it is properly lit and is burning evenly.
2. You have to be extra cautious in case of a charcoal grill as the control over the heat is relatively lower, and this could result in your pizza getting burnt. You need to prepare the grill for direct and indirect cooking. Arrange the charcoal over 2/3rd of the fuel grate. Leaving 1/3rd of the grate empty will provide you with a safety margin in case the heat is too high, and the pizza starts to burn.
3. Grease the pan and place the frozen pizza in a pan. In case your pan is small, cut your pizza into smaller pieces and place the pizza pieces in the pan. Now place the pan over the grill. Close the grill and cook for sometimes.
4. Keep checking every few minutes and remove from the grill when the crust is cooked, and the cheese has melted properly.
In most cases, it takes nearly 15 minutes for your frozen pizza to get cooked on a grill.
You can also use a toaster oven in case you don’t have a traditional oven. The process is discussed below.
How To Cook Frozen Pizza In A Toaster Oven?
The easiest method that comes in handy in the absence of a conventional oven is cooking the frozen pizza in a toaster oven. All you need is an electric toaster oven that does not require a gas connection. Plug your toaster oven and pre-heat it for some time. Now put the frozen pizza inside the toaster oven and set the timer. After your pizza is properly cooked along with the toppings, bring it out of the toaster oven and enjoy your evenly cooked pizza.