Last Updated on August 8, 2023 By Emma W. Thomas
Cooking a Frozen Pizza Without an Oven:
- Stovetop Skillet Method:
- Preheat the skillet on low heat.
- Place frozen pizza in a skillet.
- Cover with a lid and cook until crust is crispy and the cheese melts.
- Microwave Method:
- Follow pizza packaging instructions for cook time and power level.
- Microwave until cheese is melted and pizza is heated through.
Jump To A Section
How To Cook Frozen Pizza On A Stovetop?
If you don’t have an oven, you can still experience the ease of having a frozen pizza as and when you are hungry. You need a few basic kitchen equipments and a few minutes on hand.
The kitchen equipment that you will need are as mentioned below:
- A burner stove
- A pan with a lid
- A skillet
The skillet and the pan should be big enough to hold the pizza, or else you will need to cut the pizza before cooking and heat each piece separately. A pre-seasoned cast iron skillet will be best for the purpose and will enhance the taste as well.
If your pan does not have a lid, you can use another pan of equal size to cover the pan. Covering the pan is essential to trap the heat. This is important in the case of a stove as the heating is done from only one side. Therefore, for evenly cooking the pizza and its toppings from all sides, it is essential to trap the heat.
Let’s discuss the method of cooking the frozen pizza in more detail.
First of all, Place the skillet in the pan and grease the pan with olive oil or any other oil of your choice. Make sure you use an ample amount of oil as it is essential for your pizza to cook evenly without burning.
Grape seed oil and avocado oil are best as they enhance the taste and do not burn very quickly. You can also use vegetable oil as it does not smoke easily. However, it isn’t as healthy as olive oil, grape seed oil, or avocado oil.
This Table illustrates The Smoke Point For Different Oils That Can Be Used For Cooking Your Frozen Pizza.
|Cooking oils||Smoke point (in Farhenite)|
|Avocado oil||520 degree|
|Olive oil||405 degree|
|Grape seed oil||421 degree|
1. Place the pan on the stove and pre-heat the pan for a while.
2. After the pre-heating process, place the frozen pizza or pizza pieces on the skillet. Cover the pan with a lid and turn the flame on low for a few minutes. After some time, turn the flame on medium heat and cook for a few minutes more.
3. If, during the cooking process, it starts to smoke, turn the flame down and add some more oil to the pan.
4. During the entire process, you need to proceed with caution as you can end up ruining the taste of your pizza or having a kitchen fire. Keep checking the pizza in between the process to make sure that it is getting cooked evenly and not burning.
5. You will know that your pizza is ready when the crust turns golden brown, and the cheese is melted properly and is bubbling up. Remove the pizza from the pan and enjoy the stove-cooked pizza.
The time taken to cook the frozen pizza will depend on the size and amount of toppings. However, in most cases, your pizza will be ready in 15 minutes to 20 minutes.
Apart from the stove, you can also prepare the pizza on a grill. Let’s discuss the process in detail.
How To Cook A Frozen Pizza On A Grill?
In the absence of an oven, you can cook a frozen pizza even on a grill. Preparing the frozen pizza on a grill is not only easy but also adds a great flavor to it, which could even turn out better than an oven-cooked pizza.
The equipment required will be as follows.
- A gas grill or a charcoal grill and
- A pizza pan
The process of cooking a frozen pizza on a grill is as follows.
1. Preheat the gas grill with its lid closed on medium until it reaches 450 degrees to 500 degrees Farhenite on the grill thermometer. In case you are using a charcoal grill, make sure it is properly lit and is burning evenly.
2. You have to be extra cautious in the case of a charcoal grill as the control over the heat is relatively lower, and this could result in your pizza getting burnt. You need to prepare the grill for direct and indirect cooking. Arrange the charcoal over 2/3rd of the fuel grate. Leaving 1/3rd of the grate empty will provide you with a safety margin in case the heat is too high, and the pizza starts to burn.
3. Grease the pan and place the frozen pizza in a pan. In case your pan is small, cut your pizza into smaller pieces and place the pizza pieces in the pan. Now place the pan over the grill. Close the grill and cook for some time.
4. Keep checking every few minutes and remove from the grill when the crust is cooked, and the cheese has melted properly.
In most cases, it takes nearly 15 minutes for your frozen pizza to get cooked on a grill.
You can also use a toaster oven in case you don’t have a traditional oven. The process is discussed below.
How To Cook Frozen Pizza In A Toaster Oven?
The easiest method that comes in handy in the absence of a conventional oven is cooking the frozen pizza in a toaster oven. All you need is an electric toaster oven that does not require a gas connection. Plug your toaster oven and pre-heat it for some time. Now put the frozen pizza inside the toaster oven and set the timer. After your pizza is properly cooked along with the toppings, bring it out of the toaster oven and enjoy your evenly cooked pizza.
Is it better to thaw frozen pizza before cooking?
Many people are unsure whether or not it is better to thaw frozen pizza before cooking. Some believe that thawing the dough first will allow for more even cooking. Others argue that leaving the pizza frozen will result in a crispier crust. Which of these is true? We put the question to leading food scientists who have provided their opinions on this matter.
How to make pizza in a toaster oven?
Making pizza in a toaster oven is just as simple, and you can even customize it with your favorite toppings.
1) First, preheat the toaster oven for 10-15 minutes. 2) Meanwhile mix together your favorite toppings (sauce, cheese, pepperoni, etc.)
How to make pizza on the grill?
The first step is to preheat the grill to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, rub olive oil onto the grill grate and spread the dough out thinly over it. The third step is to put garlic powder, dried oregano, salt, and pepper on both sides of a ball of dough. This will give your pizza a great Italian taste. Lastly, place a sheet of aluminum foil under your dough.
How to make (frozen) pizza in the microwave?
Even if you do, it may be expensive and would require a messy car ride home. Why not just make your own? This recipe is for a basic cheese and pepperoni pizza that can be made in the microwave in 10 minutes. If your microwave is big enough, you can cut the dough into smaller circles and make more than one at a time.
Emma is a graduate of Domestic Science or Family and Consumer Sciences (Home Economics) from the University of Wisconsin. She has 7 years of experience Working with the strategic section of BestBuy and now writing full-time for Homeeon.
From Managing the Home, Interiors, Cleaning, and Exteriors to Gardening and everything about Making A Home Liveable – is her passion and this Homeeon is the result of this.
Emma loves decorating her home with the best stuff found online. She cares about quality over anything and writes reviews about them here in Homeeon. Get in touch with her over Pinterest.
Keep reading her blogs.