Yes, it is possible to cook pizza in a toaster oven. But before putting the pizza inside the toaster oven, make sure to preheat it as high as possible for about 20 minutes. The estimated cooking time of a pizza in a toaster oven is comparatively higher than that in a normal range. For the countertop convection toaster oven, set the temperature at 450 degrees to get a decently baked pizza. A toaster oven is perfect for cooking a personal-sized pizza.
Many people are unaware of the term toaster oven. People know that a toaster is used for toasting bread slices, but what are toaster ovens used for? Generally, a toaster oven comes with three basic settings- the bake setting, the broil setting, and the toast setting. But by using a toaster oven, one can easily prepare several delicacies, including pizzas. The major advantage of a toaster oven is that it can rapidly preheat a variety of leftovers.
How To Cook A Perfect Pizza In The Toaster Oven?
The steps for making a toaster oven pan pizza are quite simple and easy. A toaster oven makes the entire process of making a pizza more convenient, especially during the summers. Nobody wants their whole kitchen to heat up by turning on the regular oven for making a pizza. Hence, a toaster oven comes to the rescue. Before putting the pizza inside the oven, it is necessary to prepare the base.
1. For preparing the base and the top, you’re going to need one refrigerated pizza crust.
2. Now brush up the crust with two tablespoons of extra virgin oil.
3. To it, add 2/3 cup of marinara sauce and two cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
4. You can add toppings as per your choice. For example, some pepperoni slices with one small green pepper sliced into rings are perfect as a topping.
5. You can also add some sliced pieces of mushrooms.
Always remember to put the dough first and then the toppings. Given below are the steps of baking a pizza in the toaster oven.
1. The first step includes heating the toaster oven to 425 degrees.
2. Put the baking pan inside.
3. Place the crust dough into the pan and brush it with some oil.
4. Bake the crust for ten minutes. Once it turns brown, take the crust out.
5. Now it’s time to add toppings to the crust.
6. Add cheese, pepperoni, green pepper, sauce, mushrooms, etc. Place the pizza back into the toaster oven.
7. Bake for another 15 minutes. Wait for the bubbling sound of the melted cheese.
Voila! Your pizza is ready. Isn’t that simple?
What Are Some Of The Top Toaster Ovens To Prepare Pizza?
You can easily accomplish to cook a melting cheese pizza using a toaster oven. There are a large variety of toaster oven models available in the market. Given below is a list of some of the top-rated toaster ovens for preparing pizza.
|Sl.No||Product Name||Model Number||Capacity||Pros|
|1.||Breville Smart Oven||BOV800XL||13 inches pizza||Extra-large capacity with ease of cleaning|
|2.||Breville Compact Smart Oven||BOV650XL||12 inches pizza, small English muffin pizzas||Consumes low energy|
|3.||Black+Decker||TO3250XSB||12 inches pizza||Durable and comes with versatile controls|
|4.||Panasonic||NB-G110P||9 inches pizza||Provides super-fast cooking|
|5.||Hamilton Beach||31126||12 inches pizza||Compact design with a safe open top|
What Types Of Pizza Bases Can You Use In The Toaster Oven?
If you want your pizza to be perfect, you will skip the pizza dough and switch to the below-mentioned pizza bases.
1. English Muffins: The muffins works wonder when it comes to holding pizza sauce. Before preparing the pizza, do not forget to split and toast the muffins. By doing so, the crust of the pizza will become crispier. Now you can add the toppings and go for the final bake inside the toaster oven.
2. Bagels: Everyone who owns a toaster oven should try pizza bagels. Besides being amazing, bagels are a great option for baking a pizza in a toaster oven. You can split the bagel into halves and top it with your favorite sauce and cheese to get the perfect crispy and bubbly pizza.
3. Pita bread: Pita bread is a great option for making a personal-sized pizza in the toaster oven. They are available in the market as pre-baked pizza dough.
4. Tortillas: If you want your pizza crust to be thin and crispy, try out the tortillas as the pizza base.
What Are The Pros Of Using A Toaster Oven Over A Regular Oven For Preparing Pizza?
The major advantage of preparing pizza in a toaster oven is that the baking time is faster. The toaster oven comes with a convection fan that makes the entire cooking process faster than the regular ovens.
Sometimes, a regular oven can cost a lot more. Hence, selecting a toaster oven over the regular ones can save you a lot of money. There is a wide variety of budget-friendly toaster ovens available in the market.
When it comes to energy consumption, a toaster oven tends to consume less energy. It uses half the amount of energy utilized by a regular oven while making pizza.
The installation process is much easier and convenient when compared to the regular full-sized ovens.
What’s the Difference Between a Toaster and a Toaster Oven?
A toaster is often used for toast or waffles, while a toaster oven can be used for baked goods such as pizza, cookies, and broiled chicken. A toaster is meant to just heat up the outside of the food, while a toaster oven uses radiant heat.
Advantages to Cooking Pizza in a Toaster Oven
Cooking pizza in a toaster oven instead of the traditional way, which is either on an oven or grill, has some advantages. The first advantage is that it cooks faster because of the smaller size of the appliance. Secondly, it uses less electricity than an oven requires. Other benefits include a reduced chance of burning food due to its sealed environment and easy cleanup because the crumbs from the toast do not fall into the appliance.
Is It Safe To Cook Pizza In A Toaster Oven?
Cooking pizza in a toaster oven has been debated for years. Some people say it is safe, while others believe the high temperatures and enclosed environment of a toaster oven can bake on hazardous chemicals and lead to dangerous chemical emissions. There are also those who feel that cooking pizza in a toaster oven will result in uneven cooking which could lead to undercooked or overcooked slices.
Before using a toaster oven for cooking a pizza, do not forget to read the directions and instructions that come with the oven. Some of the convection toaster ovens differ in functionalities. But it is possible to cook a pizza in toaster pizza provided the toaster oven is preheated at a high temperature. If you have some leftover pizza in your fridge, you can utilize the toaster oven to the fullest to re-heat the pizza and a perfect snack.
Larger toaster ovens are best suited for cooking pizza, including other food items such as chicken. Toaster ovens are versatile and convenient to use.