5 years is the average lifespan of a coffee maker. However, if you can take good care of it, it will stay by your side for almost 10 years. Most of the time, it depends on how you are taking care of it. Try to do all the things to keep your coffee machine running and efficient.
Are There Any Situations Where You Should Replace Your Coffee Maker?
There are several situations where you may need to replace your coffee maker. Some of the situations that we are talking about are:
1. The Coffee Machine Is Broken.
In the case of most coffee makers, they shouldn’t break at the early stage. If they break at the initial days of use, there is a possibility that it came with a manufacturing defect or flaws in the design. So, if any of these things happen, you should get in touch with the manufacturer as soon as possible. They will replace your coffee maker. When it comes to a machine, a lot of defects can be there, such as leaks, cracks, as well as faulty pumps.
2. Not Heating The Water.
If your old coffee machine is showing inefficiency to heat water, you should consider replacing it. We know that you give a lot of effort to keep the coffee machine efficient. For instance, you descale and clean the machine as much as possible. However, the heating elements wear off over time, which you cannot help. So, during those situations, the best thing for you is to replace the coffee machine as soon as possible.
3. Change In The Taste Of Coffee
Change in taste is a part of life. We like different things at different points in life. So, if your taste changes, it is not a big deal. For instance, maybe you used to like drip coffee at an earlier stage of your life. And now, you prefer a French press or a strong espresso. In that case, you should always take the call of your personal preference. You should replace the coffee maker if it’s not serving your taste pallets anymore.
3. If The Machine Is Outdated
Plenty of coffee machines are there, which becomes outdated after some days. Due to the enhancement of technology, new types of coffee makers are coming. So, if you see that there are better and updated coffee makers in the market compared to yours, replace them. For example, you may want a coffee machine that is capable of brewing coffee as well as frothing milk. Hence, always go for the updated coffee machines.
How Should You Take Care Of Your Coffee Machine?
We already discussed that if you can take care of your coffee machine, it will do the needful for a long time. There are loads of ways by which you can maintain your coffee machine. Amongst them, some of the convenient ways are:
1. Investigate The Coffee Machine Precisely.
It’s imperative to invest some time in reading the user manual. Also, you have to comprehend the best place to install your coffee maker. Not installing the coffee maker at the appropriate place is a mistake that a lot of people do. To illustrate, various people install their coffee machines next to their stove, which is harmful to them. It can damage the important components of the machine.
2. If You Are Not Using The Machine, Turn It Off.
Don’t forget to turn off your machine if you are not using it. The best option is to buy a coffee machine that comes with the feature of an automatic switch-off. It will help you to conserve energy. Besides, this step will expand battery life.
3. Don’t Forget To Empty Your Carafe.
We tend to keep the remainders in the carafe for a long period. It is unhealthy for your body. Besides, it deposits dark spots, which are quite tough to remove.
What Are The Different Types Of Coffee Makers?
Coffee makers come in a lot of varieties. Amongst them, you have to choose the one that is compatible with your requirement. Hence, let us fathom the different types of coffee makers.
1. Manual Espresso Maker- It will provide you with rich and strong coffee that you can make within 2 minutes.
2. Automated Espresso Maker- If you love espresso compared to other forms of coffee, this is the machine for you.
3. Moka Pot- The specialty of Moka pot is that it uses steam pressure to create the espresso.
4. AeroPress- AeroPress forces the hot water to flow through the fine grains of coffee by producing a lot of pressure to create espresso.
5. Single-Serve Coffee Makers- With the help of this coffee maker, you can make a quick cup of coffee.
6. Auto Drip Brewer- It is one of the most popular coffee makers in the world, which uses heat and water to make coffee.
7. Manual Drip Brew- Now, this coffee paper is for the purists. It will provide you with full control over volume and water temperature.
8. Vietnamese Coffee Maker- This coffee maker comes with a small steel filter, where you need to place your coffee grinds. Over that, you have to pour the hot water, and your coffee will be ready.
9. Cold Drip- If you love iced coffee, this is the best option for you. Well, when you will put ice on the hot coffee, the ice will melt and will dilute the coffee.
10. Siphon- It is one of the sophisticated coffee machines on the list, which comes with two chambers. In the first chamber, the water goes, and in the second chamber, coffee grinds.
How To Use A Coffee Maker?
To use a coffee maker and to extract the best results out of it, you have to follow some steps. You have to follow those steps chronologically if you want the best coffee. So, here is a table that will help you to understand the steps.
|Step 1- Add water||The first step involves adding water. Depending on the number of people, you have to add between 2 to 12 cups of coffee. You can use any clean water to brew your coffee. However, the best option for you is to use mineral water.|
|Step 2- Add filter||After you add water, don’t forget to add a filter. If possible, try to use the paper or cloth filter. They will retain the flavor as well as some volatile oils of coffee. However, you can choose the filter according to your preference.|
|Step 3- Add up coffee grounds||The preground coffee that you will find in the market is crafted keeping the filters in mind. But, if you want to cherish the strong flavor of coffee, preground coffee is not the option. In that case, whole beans coffee will bring you the flavor.|
|Step 4- Brew the coffee||Be careful about the ratio while brewing your coffee. Make sure not to over-extract or under-extract your coffee. It will never taste good.|
|Step 5- Enjoy your coffee||It is the final step, where you have to enjoy your sip of salvation. Following the entire process precisely will help you to get the best coffee.|
The most essential thing is to take care of your coffee maker. If you can take care of it precisely, it will benefit you to brew coffee for a long time. In case, if you see that your coffee machine is not working appropriately, you should consider replacing the coffee machine. Also, you should know how to use the coffee machine suitably.