Last Updated on August 13, 2023 By Emma W. Thomas
Yes, Drano is absolutely safe for kitchen sinks. Drano Kitchen Granules Clog Remover will help you to unclog your kitchen sink. It works by creating some heat inside the drain of your kitchen sink. The purpose of creating heat is to dislodge and melt greasy blocks.
Jump To A Section
Can You Use Drano in Kitchen Sink?
Drano is a popular product used for unclogging household drains. Infused with powerful ingredients, Drano is efficient in breaking down residues that often clog drains such as hair, greasy oil, and soap scum.
2. Can You Use Drano in a Kitchen Sink?:
Yes, Drano can be used in a kitchen sink. It’s specifically designed for eliminating tough clogs in kitchen sinks.
3. Effectiveness of Drano:
The efficiency of Drano largely depends on the type of clog. It is designed to work on grease and food particles, which are common clogs in kitchen sinks. However, it may not work effectively on solid items accidentally dropped down the drain.
4. Safety Considerations on Plastic Pipes:
When used correctly, Drano is safe for all types of plumbing including plastic pipes. However, overuse or misuse could potentially lead to damage.
5. Do Not Use with a Plunger:
Drano can produce heat while dissolving clogs. This heat can cause pressure build-up if a plunger is used, which might cause injury.
6. Regular Use Can Lead to Pipe Damage:
Despite being safe for most plumbing systems, regular or excessive use of Drano could corrode pipes over time.
7. Professionals Should Handle Persistent Clogs:
If repeated applications of Drano still leave your kitchen sink clogged, it’s advisable to call in a plumbing professional.
|Can Drano be used?||Yes, but works best on specific types of clogs|
|How effective is it?||Breaks down grease and food particles effectively; may not work on solid materials|
|Safety considerations||Safe for all plumbing when used correctly; should not be used with a plunger due to potential pressure build-up|
|Damage with regular use||Potential corrosion and weakening of pipes|
|Persistent clogs||A professional should be consulted if Drano doesn’t clear the clog|
How Should You Use Drano To Unclog Your Kitchen Sink?
To clean the kitchen sink using Drano, you have to follow some steps. Following those steps will help you to clean your kitchen sink precisely. So, here are the steps that you have to follow.
1. Step 1- The first thing that you have to check with a sink clog is a strainer over the drain. If you find any, remove it and check whether there is any gunk or food. In case, if there is any gunk or food, you have to clean it off thoroughly. To be precise, you have to ensure that there is no clog due to food or gunk.
2. Step 2- In the next step, you should opt for a Plunger. If the sink is not filled, fill it up to water, partially. After that, you need to work the plunger up and down several times, before you pull it off the opening of the drain. If your kitchen sink is double-bowled, stuff the opening of the drain with a wet rag. Make sure that the drain is not clogged. It will help in the process of suction.
3. Step 3- There is a possibility that your kitchen sink doesn’t come with garbage disposal. In that case, you can use the Drano Kitchen Granules Clog Remover. It will create heat inside the drain. It will dislodge as well as melt the greasy clogs.
So, follow these steps meticulously if you want to unclog your kitchen sink with the help of Drano.
What Are The Directions Of Using Drano For Unclogging Your Kitchen Sink?
If you want to get the best results using Drano, you have to use it in a step-by-step process. Those following those steps will bring you the best results. So, if you are considering using Drano to unclog your kitchen sink, follow the steps written below:
1. Step 1- Open
You have to push down on the childproof cap carefully. To do that you have to use your palm. All you need to do is to counterclockwise turn the cap. Make sure not to splash the product or squeeze it. Once you are done, lock the cap by pushing down and tightly screwing it.
2. Step 2- Pour
If your drain is slow running or clogged, use half of the bottle above the drain slowly. If your drains are extremely slow-running or completely clogged, you have to pour the whole bottle of Drano into the sink.
3. Step 3- Wait
Now, the third step involves waiting. Here, after pouring the liquid you have to wait for 15 minutes. If the problems are tougher, you need to wait for 30 minutes.
4. Step 4- Flush
It is the final step of the process. The final step involves flushing with hot water. In case, if you see that the drain is still clogged, you can repeat the first, second, and third steps.
So, these are the four easy steps that you have to take if you want to extract the best results out of Drano.
Benefits Of Using Drano To Unclog The Kitchen Sink
If you are using Drano to unclog the kitchen sink of yours, you will enjoy a lot of benefits. The best part is, it is quite easy to use. Besides, if you use this product properly, you will get the best results. So, here are some of the benefits that you will enjoy after using Drano.
1. One of the best parts of Drano is that it will not hamper the health of the septic tank.
2. Also, you can leave this product in the drain or kitchen overnight, without bothering about anything.
3. It comprises ingredients that will protect your pipes from getting corroded.
4. There is no phosphate present in this product and for that reason, it will not harm any lakes and rivers.
Are There Any Precautions That We Have To Take?
While using Drano, there are some precautions you should take. Taking those precautions will not only ensure your safety, but it will also allow the smooth flow of work. So, here is the list of precautions that you have to take.
1. You have to be quite careful while opening the bottle.
2. Avoid the splashing of the product.
3. Make sure that your face, hand, and children are staying away from this product.
4. Make sure not to use any plunger while using Drano, and also don’t use a plunger after using Drano.
5. Try to avoid using this product in your toilet.
6. Go through the product label precisely before using it as it consists of various additional information that you can use.
Is It True That Drano Sold In The Recycled Plastic?
Yes, the fact is true. The bottle of Drano is made up of recycled plastics, which are 30% post-consumer. Besides, the best part of the plastic is that they are recyclable. Therefore, once you are done unclogging the drain please rinse the bottle as soon as possible. After that, you can recycle the plastic bottle according to your preference.
Different Drano Products To Take Care Of Your Kitchen Sink
There are various Drano products to keep the kitchen sink efficient. Each of them comes with a different purpose. So, let us check different Drano products that you can use for your sink.
|Different Drano Products||The purpose of the products|
|Drano Max Gel Clog Remover||It is the best product for your worst clogs.|
|Drano Kitchen Granules Clog Remover||This product is capable of cleaning tough as well as greasy clogs.|
|Drano Dual-Force Foamer Clog Remover||The best part of this product is that it will reach up to the places where normal ordinary liquids cannot reach|
|Drano Liquid Drain Cleaner||It is one of the most affordable products in the market and it will provide you with a quick solution.|
|Drano Max Build-up remover||Now, this formula will help you to take care of the plumbing problems.|
Are There Any Side Effects Of Drano?
We have already discussed that you should be quite careful while using Drano. In any case, if your skin or your eyes come in contact with this product, they will suffer a considerable amount of damage. Also, if you inhale the foam, there is a possibility that it will damage your lung as well.
You can use Drano to unclog your kitchen sink. It is quite an effective product. However, you have to be quite careful while using it. You have to take all the necessary steps to protect your skin, eyes, and lungs while using Drano. Also, you will enjoy several benefits while using this product.
Emma is a graduate of Domestic Science or Family and Consumer Sciences (Home Economics) from the University of Wisconsin. She has 7 years of experience Working with the strategic section of BestBuy and now writing full-time for Homeeon.
From Managing the Home, Interiors, Cleaning, and Exteriors to Gardening and everything about Making A Home Liveable – is her passion and this Homeeon is the result of this.
Emma loves decorating her home with the best stuff found online. She cares about quality over anything and writes reviews about them here in Homeeon. Get in touch with her over Pinterest.
Keep reading her blogs.