If you want impressive results, it is advisable to replace the water filter cartridge every two months. You can also change the water filter after 60 tank refills. It will ensure that your water keeps tasting pure and remains chlorine-free. Replacing the water filters remove all types of harmful chemicals and bacteria.
We all know that a water filter is a common appliance installed in most coffee brewing machines. It gives you access to clean and fresh water. Water is fundamental to everyone’s health and wellbeing. Fresh and clean water can easily be achieved through a water filter. Keurig water filters are one of the best water filters for a Keurig coffee machine available in the market.
What Is The Need To Have A Keurig Water Filter?
It is crucial to have a water filter in your Keurig coffee brewing machine. There are several benefits of having a Keurig water filter.
1. Keurig water filters help remove chlorine chemicals, pesticides, bacterial contaminants, and other heavy metals from water. Thereby, your water starts tasting and smelling better.
2. Keurig water filters come with a cartridge that removes lead from the drinking water and prevents them from entering your body.
3. A water filter helps in reducing the water hardness. Water contains particles that build up limescale and gypsum deposits. To prevent that, it is essential to buy a Keurig machine that comes with a water filter.
4. Most importantly, a water filter helps in optimizing coffee production. It means that the water filter removes the element that negatively affects your coffee’s aroma and taste.
The Keurig water filter comes with a charcoal filter system that removes the ordinary tap water’s impurities. The filter ensures that your coffee, tea, hot cocoa, etc. are brewed to perfection.
Here’s a list of Best Keurig Water Filter
|01||Keurig Water Filter Kit for 1.0 Models||0.03 Kilograms|
|02||Keurig 2.0 Water Filter Kit||2.36 ounces||$11.99|
|03|| Keurig Six Water Filter Cartridges (12 filters)||9.6 ounces||$20.97|
|04||K&J Replacement Keurig Starter Kit for Keurig 1.0||6.4 ounces|
Different Varieties Of Keurig Water Filters And Their Uses
The below chart will help you buy different types of Keurig water filter cartridges available in the market.
|1.||2-Pack Keurig water filter Cartridge refills||NA||K-Cup brewing machines, Keurig 2.0 and Keurig 2.0 K200/50 water filter brewing model|
|2.||6-Pack Keurig water filter Cartridge refills||NA||Keurig 2.0, and Keurig K200/50 water filter brewing system|
|3.||Side reservoir Water filter starter kit||2.4″L x 1.7″W x 8.2″H||Keurig K-select, K-elite, K-Cafe special edition and K-classic brewing systems, K300/350, K400/450/490, K500/550/590.|
|4.||K-Classic Water filter started kit||2.5″L x 1.6″W x 8.3″H||K-Cup brewing system(models before Keurig 2.0 brewers)|
|5.||Rear Reservoir Water filter starter kit||7.10″L x 2.75″W x 2.76″H||K-Duo essentials single serve and carafe coffee maker, Keurig K-Compact, Keurig K200 Series, Keurig K-Latte coffee makers|
What is a Keurig Water Filter?
A Keurig water filter is a small, replaceable item that attaches to the water reservoir on the Keurig machine. It removes any impurities in the water, such as chlorine and particles. The filter does not change the taste of the coffee or tea and can be removed and cleaned at any time. You should replace your filter every 2 months to ensure you’re getting great-tasting coffee and tea while also extending the life of your Keurig machine.
Is It Safe To Use Tap Water In Keurig?
The quality of water used while making a coffee cup determines the taste and flavor of the coffee. Generally, it is not recommendable to use tap water or hard water in the Keurig coffee brewing machine. The reason behind saying so is that tap water contains several minerals such as calcium. The calcium gets build-up in your machine, and it becomes a challenging task to decalcify it.
How To Clean Your Keurig Water Filter Reservoir?
People who love coffee can switch to Keurig coffee machines. Apart from its high price, it is equally essential to regularly clean and descales the machine to enjoy having the best-tasting coffee. To descale or decalcify, you need some vinegar. Take 48 oz of undiluted white vinegar in a ceramic mug. Firstly, you should switch off the Auto switch-off function button. Then take out the water reservoir and the filter from the filter housing unit. Empty the water from the reservoir. Pour the undiluted vinegar and place the mug as usual. Instead of putting a K-cup pack inside it, you need to close the brewer and let the Keurig brew a hot cup of vinegar. Once brewing is over, dump the vinegar into the sink.
Continue repeating the process. Once the “Add Water” light turns on, you need to stop. Leave the Keurig to sit for 4hours, and after that, rinse it thoroughly to get rid of any remaining vinegar.
How To Change The Keurig Water Filter?
Every Keurig coffee brewing machine comes with a small charcoal water filter. The filter purifies the water that goes into your cup of coffee. It is essential to change these filters every two months. There are various steps involved in replacing a Keurig water filter.
1. The first step involves removing the old filter. Now, if you’re a Keurig coffee machine user, you must be aware that the water reservoir is present on the left side of the Keurig brewing machine. You need to pull out the filter unit. The handle portion sticks up in the reservoir, making it easy to remove.
2. Now you need to open the filter holder and take out the used filter. Gently pull down and release the lower filter holder. The old filter comes out easily.
3. The next step is installing the new filter. The filter comes in a pack of two or more. Take the filters out. Soak them in water for about five to ten minutes. This step ensures that the filter cartridge is wholly soaked and submerged in water.
4. Take filters out and rinse them off under tap water. Do the process for 60 seconds.
5. In this step, you also need to rinse the lower filter holder. The filter holder comes with a thin mesh layer present on its bottom side. It ensures that the filter holder becomes free from any dirt or impurities that might have got built up.
6. Now it’s time to take the filter cartridge and place it inside the filter housing unit. Make sure to keep the rounded top side facing up.
7. Once the installation process is complete, you can now turn the replacement dial, located on the filter replacement unit, ahead of two months.
Set the Keurig to remind you of the next filter change. It will send you alerts once two months get completed. The last step includes inserting back the water filter unit into the Keurig water reservoir.
To enjoy the best-tasting cup of coffee, you should keep changing your Keurig water filters every two months. Besides changing the filter, it is essential to decalcify your water reservoir frequently. It will eliminate any bad taste present in the water and keep your Keurig coffee brewing machine healthy and long-lasting.
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API