In a ratio of 1:1 mix water and white vinegar in a bowl. Now take a microfiber cloth and soak in the mixture. Once well soaked, take the cloth and use it to wipe your entire Corian countertop severally, and after that, dry the surface. For difficult stains, use vinegar and ammonia-based cleaner.
Typically, Corian is an artificial solid and nonporous surface that is heat and stain-resistant. They are popular in use for countertops and perfect for kitchen or bathrooms sinks. Corian is versatile; you can cut, drill and route it just like wood. They come in multiple colors and require special cleaning plus care to look their best.
Apart from that, Corian has a sleek and clean look. They are also durable, naturally beautiful, and quite hygienic, making them ideal for the kitchen. All Corian sink and most countertops have a satin/matte finish. But, they need maintenance like regular cleaning and several types of protective measures to prevent damage.
Read through to know how the vinegar does wonder on such surfaces!
Simple Steps Of Cleaning Corian Countertops With Vinegar
White vinegar is the greatest cleanser for your countertops and the most effective way to remove stains and rust.
Since Corian countertops are nonporous, it means food, germs, and dirt sits on the surface and doesn’t penetrate the surface, making the cleaning easier and hygienic.
However, dark-colored countertops tend to show stains and scratches, unlike lighter ones.
But, using vinegar and following few simple steps, your countertops will be sparkling.
First, you need to get the tools required for the process. These include water, white vinegar, a bowl, and a microfiber towel. Avoid regular cloth for better results.
Step 1: Regularly wipe any food residue, grime, and dirt stuck on your countertops using a wet sponge, or soft cloth dipped in soapy Luke warm water.
Step 2: For awful spills and hard water stains, you must first wipe the surface with a clean, soft cloth to remove the excess dirt from your surface.
Step 3: Use the five-second rule whenever you spill something on your Corian countertop surface. Always wipe any spill down in that very instant to prevent the surface from getting stained badly.
Step 4: Now, take your bowl, and mix white vinegar and water in the ratio of 1:1. Soak your microfiber cloth in the mixture.
Step 5: Using your microfiber cloth dipped in white vinegar, wipe your entire Corian countertops surface. Wipe several times while dipping in your microfiber cloth in the vinegar when need be.
Step 6: If the dirt persists or there are any difficult stains, use vinegar with an ammonia-based cleaner by mixing up the two. Rub or spray the cleaning product on your surface, then wipe it off with a microfiber cloth.
Step 7: Make sure you rinse using clean water thoroughly and dry the surface.
Step 8: Take another bowl and carefully mix a small amount of regular bleach with cold water.
Step 9: Submerge a rag or a sponge inside the bleach and wipe out your surface with the solution. All this is done to disinfect your Corian countertops surface. Even though white vinegar also has some disinfectant properties, a bleach solution is a far better option.
Tips For The Care And Cleaning Of Corian Countertops
1. The most crucial thing when cleaning Corian is to wipe the surface dry after cleaning. A film can build up for a while if you leave it air dry. The film will leave your counter looking blotchy or dull.
2. Don’t cut directly on a Corian surface; instead, use a cutting board always.
3. As much as Corian is heat resistant, it’s not safe to place your hot pot and pans directly on its surface. It might crack; use damped cloth, trivets, or protective pads.
4. Avoid the use of harsh chemicals on or around your Corian surface. If you accidentally spill the chemicals on it, flush it with water immediately and ensure you dry thoroughly.
5. To clean a dull Corian surface due to residue build-up, use a product from stone care international known as Deep Cleaner for DUPONT Corian. Its bottle has instructions on the best way to go about it.
6. Never use window cleaner to clean your Corian surface; it will leave a film that eventually dulls its surface. Instead, use soapy water, vinegar, or any other solid-surface cleaners meant for Corian surfaces.
7. Disinfect youth Corian countertops regularly by using diluted bleach. But ensure you rinse it thoroughly after that and wipe it dry.
8. Treat blotchiness on your Corian surface by wetting a cloth with a small amount of gentle commercial scrubbing product and water.
9. As cracks or dents may develop, don’t let any heavy object fall/drop on the surface.
10. To clean nail varnish, try non-acetone remover. Afterward, rinse thoroughly.
11. Don’t let your surface come directly into contact with water from the instant boiling tap because direct exposure to boiling water may cause damages.
12. Don’t combine ammonia and bleach directly.
Removing Scratches, Burns, And Stains From Your Corian Countertops
White vinegar will clean dirt, grimes, and some stains away from your Corian surface. But, the surface might still have scratches or burn marks with time. To clean it entirely and maintain it, you have to remove them one way or the other.
Luckily you can follow these steps to remove them entirely;
1. First, you need to take care of any white hard water stains by using one of the market’s cleaners to remove them.
2. Also, use lemon juice or vinegar to clean hard water stains if you like natural cleaning solutions. Spray lime juice or some vinegar on the stains and leave it to sit for about 10 minutes. Then rinse the area and dry the surface.
3. Finally, it’s time to remove the stubborn stains and scratches using a mildly abrasive cleaning liquid. Pour a little bit of this solution on top of the scratched surface. Then wipe the area with a wet sponge severally.
4. Rinse the area with warm water thoroughly and wipe it dry with a towel.
5. If you like natural cleaning solutions, mix baking soda with some vinegar. Then lay your paste on top of the affected surface and wait for few minutes before wiping the area clean.
How To Polish Your Corian Countertops?
Corian is a perfect material to use in your kitchen or bathroom countertops. This artificial surface resembles granite or marble. Always clean and polish to a shine your Corian surface to look new and pristine again. To achieve this, use the correct cleaning solution and avoid damaging your countertops.
Please don’t use harsh abrasive or steel wool on the meter as it might damage it. You’ll require to resurface polish with a large and powerful tool. Kindly follow these instructions;
1. With 400 grit sandpaper, sand your scratched surface until they all are gone.
2. Using 600 grit sandpaper, sand your scratched surface up until the counter is smooth.
3. Fit in a polishing wheel for a drill. Hold the light wick on your Corian countertop until the meter exhibits bright and shiny. Use more of this compound as required to shine your meter.
4. Lastly, rinse the meter using clean water. Then buff the meter dry with a clean cloth.
5. Remember, you should only polish surfaces that have a brilliant sheen.
How Can You Whiten Corian Countertops?
To whiten your Corian surface, use a spray with three quarter of household liquid bleach and ¼ of water and spray the countertops a few hours or leave it overnight. You must limit the exposure time to sixteen hours. Rinse or clean with a damp cloth early in the morning, eventually achieving a beautifully clean and whitened surface.
Can Cracked Corian Be Repaired?
Yes, you can repair solid surface material like Corian to look as good as new. To fix, cut a matching scrap piece into a narrow strip while gluing them into a smooth channel that straddles the crack. If there’s access to the back of your counter, glues reinforcing pieces underneath. In a short while, your countertops will look new again.
Other Ways Of Cleaning Up Corian Countertops
There are other quite effective ways of cleaning the Corian surfaces other than the use of vinegar. Alternatively, you can try;
Soapy water works typically excellent as a versatile clearer for Corian surface. Mix three spoons of liquid soap and two cups of water and pour them inside the spray bottle. Spray the solution on the counter surface to clean with a damp sponge. For better results, repeat the procedure to achieve a clean look and polished surface.
Take a spray bottle and mix the solution in one part water and the other ammonia. Spray your counters and wipe with a damp sponge. The ammonia will work to disinfect the meters and clean them without causing any damages on these surfaces. Whenever raw food comes into contact with the counter surface, use an all-purpose sanitizer to spray.
Corian counter surface is one of the best types of counterparts. What makes them so attractive is their beautiful natural look plus their relatively easy way to clean. As you have seen, a simple kitchen substance like vinegar can be used to clean it. Follow the simple steps and leave your surfaces clean and disinfected!