Foods that start with the letter F consist of Fairchild tangerine fruit, Feijoa, Finger lime, Forest strawberries, and Florida strangler. It also has a number of healthy vegetables like Fenugreek, Fennel, Fiddlehead Fern, Falberry, Finocchio, French bean, and Fava bean. Some other foods that start with the letter F include Falafel, Farce, Flan, Flageolet, Fillet, Flatfish, Fordhooks, Fugu, Fondue, Fudge, Farina, Fettuccini, Fishpaste, Fries and Fowl. So, if you love food and want to experiment with different foods, why not start with the letter F?
A healthy diet helps to maintain the proper immunity in our body. When we eat unhealthy food, we compromise our immune system. A weak immunity can make us susceptible to chronic diseases. This can have a negative impact on our life. When it comes to loving food, we have to be conscious of what we eat. Foods beginning with the letter F not only provide us with all the essential nutrients but also taste well.
What Are The Fruits That Start With The Letter F?
Some Fruits That Start With The Letter F Are Listed Below.
1. Fairchild Tangerine Fruit: Fairchild tangerine fruit is a hybrid between two fruits that is the Orlando tangerine and the Clementine Mandarin. It has very thin skin, and its color is deep orange. The fruit has a juice that gives off a sweet taste. It is very popular in the United States and especially available during the late autumn and winter months from October to January. They are rich in vitamins like vitamin A and vitamin C. Along with vitamins, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus are also present. Since they have beta-carotene, zeaxanthin, and lutein, they serve as good antioxidants.
2. False Mastic Fruit: False mastic fruit is of yellow and orange color. It is very small in size. It contains pulp inside. It is a native fruit of Florida in the United States of America. The scientific name of False mastic fruit is Sideroxylon foetidissimum. It belongs to the Sapotaceae family.
3. Feijoa Fruit: Feijoa is a native fruit in the highlands of South Brazil. The scientific name of this fruit is Acca sellowiana. It belongs to the family of Myrtaceae. Its size is similar to a kiwi. Feijoa has a texture like a pear when it is raw with a rich dark green color. It gives off a rich hybrid taste between that of strawberry and pineapple with a tinge of the tropical guava. That is why; this fruit also goes by the name of Pineapple Guava or Guavasteen. Feijoa is rich in Vitamin C. The folic acid present in this fruit is beneficial for women who are pregnant. They also have magnesium, potassium, and minerals along with vitamins. The Feijoa fruit also serves as an essential ingredient in a variety of recipes.
4. Fibrous Satinash Fruit: Fibrous satinash fruit is a native fruit of Indonesia, Australia, and Papua New Guinea. Its scientific name is Syzgium fibrosum. Some of its common names are small red apple, apricot satinash, or fibrous satinash. This fruit works as a significant ingredient in confectionaries and in jams. It has the health benefit of reducing hypertension.
5. Finger Lime Fruit: Finger lime fruit has a small, sausage-like shape. It generally grows in a tree of the rainforest along the border of coasts of New South Wales and Queensland, Australia. The scientific name of Finger lime is Citrus australasica. They are a rich source of Vitamin E and C. They also contain potassium and folate. It works as an antiseptic for treating boils and sores.
6. Florida Strangler Fruit: The scientific name of the Florida strangler fruit is Ficus aurea. This fruit belongs to the Moraceae family. It is native to Florida. The golden figs or strangler figs are called the Florida strangler. They were eaten by the early settlers and the local people.
7. Forest Strawberries Fruit: Forest strawberries are wild fruits. It also goes by the name of woodland strawberry. The scientific name of this fruit is Fragaria vesca. They are rich in Vitamin C, which works as an immunity booster. They also have potassium, which helps in regulating blood pressure and protecting cardiovascular health. They have proven effective in treating diabetes, preventing cancer, helping digestion, detoxification, protecting the liver, and in maintaining hydration. Among the beauty treatments, it helps to prevent anti-aging.
What Are The Vegetables That Start With The Letter F?
Now, Let’s Take A Detailed Look At The Vegetables That Start With F
1. French Sorrel: French Sorrel is a herb that is like a tart. But, the taste is a little bitterer than the taste of a regular sorrel. French Sorrel comes with an acidic taste similar to that of citrus. Its scientific name is Rumex scutatus. It belongs to the buckwheat family. It has lots of vitamins like A, B, C, D, E, and K. It is also a rich source of potassium. French sorrel serves as an important ingredient in puree and salads.
2. Fennel: Fennel is a hybrid between Pak choi and celery. It has a flavor like licorice. Braising and baking the Fennel gives it a sweetness that goes well with foods rich in fats like pork. They also work well as a garnish and add a great flavor to a variety of dishes. Raw fennel makes a great addition to salads. It helps to regulate the level of blood pressure and improves the health of the bones. It keeps cardiovascular health in check. Selenium is a mineral that is present in Fennel, which prevents diseases like cancer, builds up immunity, and works as an anti-inflammatory agent.
3. Fiddlehead Fern: Fiddlehead Fern is present at the top of young ferns. They are similar to spinach and asparagus. As they are quite alike, their cooking is also done in the same way. They leave behind a crunchy nut-like taste in the mouth. They are rich in Vitamin C, which boosts the immune system. The beta-carotene present in it works as an antioxidant. It also has niacin and potassium.
4. Falberry: Falberry is a type of berry. The taste of this vegetable is very metallic, which tones down during cooking. It makes a good preservative when its stewing is done with sugar.
5. Fenugreek: Fenugreek usually accompanies spicy foods like those from Indian cuisine or South America like Chili Beef. It grows in the regions of North Africa, Southern Europe, and Eastern Asia. It mostly serves as seasonings. It adds a sweet flavor to most dishes. Fenugreek has lots of health benefits, which include regulating blood sugar, cholesterol, lowering inflammation. It also boosts the production of milk in new mothers who breastfeed.
6. French Bean: French beans are green beans. They serve as an ingredient in the preparation of salads. We can also cook them and add them to the preparation of soups and stews. Overcooking them can ruin their texture. They serve as an integral component in Asian cooking. They are rich in vitamins like A, C, and K. They help to preserve bone health and prevent cancer. They also reduce the risk of developing obesity, heart disease, and diabetes.
7. Fava Bean: Fava beans are eaten raw or cooked. We can have them as snacks. They are legumes. These beans are not only rich in vitamins and minerals but also fiber and protein. Their health benefits include regulating blood pressure, helping with weight loss, and lowering cholesterol. They also improve bone health, help with symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, anemia, and prevent birth defects.
Different Foods That Start With The Letter F
Listed Below Are Some Foods That Start With F
1. Farce: Farce is a preparation of chicken that is raw with mushrooms, pistachio, onions, parsley, and butter. We can also add bread, cream, and eggs. In the earlier days, only rich and well-off people enjoyed this dish.
2. Frittata: Frittata is an omelet that is not folded. Frittata means fried. The invention of frittata was done by Italians. Frittata generally refers to cooking eggs. It contains cut vegetables and sometimes meat. They contain vitamins like B6, B12, and D. They help in protecting cardiovascular health. Minerals like potassium, phosphorus, and zinc are also present. All these build up our immunity system and also preserves our bone health.
3. Falafel: Falafel is a small croquette that has crushed chickpeas. The fava beans are sometimes an alternative for chickpeas. It also has a seasoning of sesame seeds. Falafel belongs to Middle Eastern cuisine. It usually goes well with bread, hummus, and tzatziki sauce. It is rich in fiber and protein. It helps to reduce hunger and regulate blood pressure. It also lowers the chance of having chronic diseases.
4. Fugu: Fugu is a blowfish. It is a popular dish in Japan. It can be deadly as its skin and organs are poisonous. The preparation, if not done properly, can prove to be fatal for those who consume it.
5. Frumenty: Frumenty is a dish that belongs to Western European medieval cuisine. It is a porridge made with boiled grain. At first, broth or milk is used to boil cracked wheat. Other important components of Frumenty are sugar, almonds, eggs, saffron, and currants. It contains calcium, sodium, and potassium
6. Flan: Flan is a custard that serves as a dessert. It is usually seen in restaurants of Latin American and Mexican cuisines. It first goes through baking. Flan has a creamy texture with a clear caramel on the top. It is rich in calcium, sodium, potassium, and carbohydrates.
7. Fudge: Fudge is a candy treat made by melting chocolate along with milk, butter, and sugar. We can also add nuts and chunks of chocolate to enhance its taste. Fudge is an antioxidant as it contains selenium, zinc, potassium, and phosphorus. It also helps to improve the functioning of the brain.
So, if you are willing to explore your taste buds and go on a food adventure, start with the letter F.