Well, if the microwave is a 1200 watt microwave, or will take 1.5 minutes to reach the boiling point. Therefore, according to the calculations, it will take 9 minutes for six cups of water to get boiled. Therefore, boiling water in a microwave can be a good option if you want to save some time.
However, boiling water in a container is also a good option. There, you can boil a large volume of water at a time. So, you don’t have to place the cups one by one in the microwave to boil the water. Hence, you have to choose one process in which you are comfortable.
Is It Safe To Boil Water In The Microwave?
Yes, if you know how to use a microwave precisely, it will be safe to use. However, some people injure themselves while boiling the water in the microwave. So, you should know that you will need the fundamental efficiency to boil water in a microwave without any accidents. The best way to keep yourself safe is by using a microwave-friendly container. Besides, you have to make sure that you are wearing protective wear while removing the cup. Or else, you have to wait for a bit to get the cup cooled. After that, you can take out the cup from the microwave.
What Are The Containers That Are Not Safe For The Microwave?
There are some containers that you shouldn’t place inside a microwave. The durability of those containers is not up to the mark. Besides, there is a possibility that it will cause a fire as well as other issues. So, here is the list of containers that are not safe for microwaves.
1. Aluminum Foil– You must know that you should keep all the metals away from your microwave. Aluminum may cause a fire. It can also create sparks that will damage your microwave.
2. Cold-Storage Plastic- The containers that you use to keep butter or cottage cheese are cold-storage plastic. They are quite toxic and can become harmful if they melt.
3. Plastics- Avoid plastics in your microwave as much as you can. You can use Tupperware sometimes, but they are not the best option for your microwave. They may release some chemicals, which are not good for your health.
4. Brown Paper Bags- Compared to the other materials, brown paper bags are easy to catch fire. Also, they release some harmful toxins, which are not good for your health.
5. Plastic Wrap- There are some plastic wraps, which are safe for microwave use. However, most plastic wraps are harmful. The general rule signifies not to use any plastics in your microwave.
So, try to avoid these materials, especially when you are boiling water in the microwave. Compared to the smaller foods, it will take a bit more time to get properly heated.
How To Boil Water In The Microwave?
To boil water in the microwave, you have to follow some steps. If you can follow those steps precisely, you will be able to boil water in the microwave without any issues. So, here are the steps that you have to follow.
1. Step 1- Pick A Container That Is Microwave-Safe.
The first thing that you have to do is to choose a container that is microwave-safe. To be precise, whenever you are choosing a container, make sure that it will not damage your microwave. You can use ceramic and glass dishes, paper plates, paper towels, and various other things.
2. Step 2- Pour The Water In The Container.
Now, you are ready with the container. After that, you have to fill the bowl with the preferred quantity of water. While doing that, you have to be quite meticulous.
3. Step 3- Put The Water In The Microwave.
The third step involves putting the water in the microwave. Place the cup at the center of the microwave. It will make sure the water is getting heated from all the possible sides. The speed of boiling will depend on the wattage of the microwave.
4. Step 4- Safely Remove The Cup.
It is the final step of the process. In this step, you have to remove the cup safely from the microwave. Use protective wear while removing the cup. It will protect you from coming across any injury.
Here’s The Best The Microwave Item Weight & Wattage
|01||Walsh WSCMSR09BK-09 Countertop Microwave Oven||30 Pounds||1000W|
|02||Toshiba EM131A5C-BS Microwave Oven||34.6 pounds||1100W|
|03||TToshiba EM131A5C-SS Microwave Oven||34.6 Pounds||1100W|
|04||Toshiba ML-EM45P(BS) Countertop Microwave Oven||36.6 Pounds||1200W|
|05||Panasonic NN-SU696S Microwave Oven||35.3 Pounds||1100W|
How Much Time Six Cups Of Water Will Take To Boil In A Microwave According To Its Wattage?
|Watts||1 cup||6 cups|
|1200||1.5 minutes||9 minutes|
|1000||2 minutes||12 minutes|
|800||2.5 minutes||15 minutes|
|700||3 minutes||18 minutes|
|600||4 minutes||24 minutes|
What Will You Do If You Burn Yourself In The Process?
Accidents will not knock on your doors before coming. So, maybe you will come across some accidents while boiling water in the microwave. So, if you suffer from a burn while using the microwave, there are some steps that you can take to heal and get relief.
1. Cover The Burn
Try to cover the burnt area with a clean cloth or with a moist bandage. It will not only prevent the infection, but it will also stop the foreign particles from entering the wounded place.
2. Apply Cool Water
It is one of the most convenient ways to reduce the burning sensation. Run over the cool water in the affected place for at least 20 minutes. It will provide you with relief. However, make sure that the water is not too old. It will increase the pain.
3. Don’t Touch The Blisters
Maybe, some blisters will form in your skin. So, you have to make sure that you are not touching or popping those blisters. It will take a bit of time to heal on their own. However, that will be the best decision.
Some Tips To Stay Safe While Using The Microwave To Boil Water
To stay safe, you have to make sure that the container in the microwave is up to the mark. And for that, you can follow some tips. So, here are some of the tips that you can check.
1. Make sure that your container is microwave safe. To find out whether the container is microwave-safe or not, look at the bottom of the container. If you can read ‘microwave-safe written at the bottom, you don’t have to worry anymore.
2. Testing your container is also imperative. In case, if you have a doubt or confusion about your container, you can test it right away. For that, you have to take a second container along with a cup of water and put it in the microwave, next to your container. After that, you have to microwave it for one minute. If you find out that the empty container is cool, you are good to go.
Boiling water in a microwave is a good option. However, there are various things that you need to take into account if you are planning to boil water in the microwave. For instance, you have to abide by all the safety rules. Moreover, you need to choose the container precisely. If the container is not up to the mark, it may bring some damage to the microwave. Besides, some accidents may also take place.
Last update on 2022-07-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API