Last Updated on December 4, 2021 by
Lucas fuel injector cleaner can clean the injector and give your car’s engine maximum performance. Your car’s power is increased and fuel consumption reduced. But, it can decrease the vehicle’s MPG (mile per gallon). This additive may also not be suitable for loud injectors.
Lucas fuel injector cleaner has more benefits than disadvantages when compared with other cleaners. But, it is necessary to check your car tank’s capacity before buying the cleaner and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
This guide highlights how to use Lucas fuel injector cleaner, its components, and the frequency of use. Read on
What Are Some Issues With Fuel Injector Cleaners?
Since modern vehicles have no carburetors, they use a fuel injector. After long rides, the fuel injector may get clogs, leading to problems with the engine’s starting or idling. Thus, it is recommendable to use a fuel injector cleaner to resolve such issues and keep your rides on top-notch. But, if the product is of low quality or incompatible with the vehicle’s system, it may not dissolve the particles sufficiently. Insufficient dissolution may lead to problems such as;
Destruction Of The Tank’s Lining And Fuel Pump
Before using a fuel injector cleaner, it is necessary to read the label and ensure it has the right components. Ensure that it does not contain any corrosive elements that can damage the tank’s lining or worsen existing issues.
Your Car May Still Experience Clogs In The Fuel System
Some fuel injector cleaners may not clear pollutants and debris completely but will only loosen them. These pollutants may spread throughout the fuel system, causing more clogs.
Impairment Of The Sensors
Unsafe additives may lead to damage or malfunctions of the oxygen sensors. For example, if the fuel injector cleaner has oily substances such as seafoam, it can attract unburnt fuel or carbon to the sensor, which will affect its functionality. If your car’s oxygen sensor is faulty, it can lead to loss of fuel efficiency, engine hesitation, and black exhaust. It may also lead to the check engine light coming on.
What To Consider Before Using Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner.
Before using a fuel injector cleaner on your car, it is necessary to check the manufacturer’s instructions. Doing this will help you decide on the quantity to use and how often you can use it. The following are some factors to consider;
1. The ability of the fuel tank. This depends on the components of the cleaner and the instructions provided in the manual.
2. Your tank’s fuel capacity. For example, Lucas recommends that 10 gallons of fuel be mixed with 2-3 ounces of the cleaner.
3. The frequency of usage depends on the car type and the fuel tank’s condition.
How Can You Use A Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner?
The fuel cleaning process is relatively easy when you follow the instructions correctly. The following simple steps are helpful;
1. For effective and best results, ensure that your fuel tank is almost empty. An empty fuel tank makes it possible for the substances to mix well and leave them clean.
2. Pour the fuel injector cleaner inside the fuel tank, and be sure to use the correct amount. For Lucas cleaner, it is recommended that you mix 10 gallons of fuel with 2-3 ounces of the fuel injector cleaner.
3. After putting the injector cleaner into the fuel tank, use regular fuel to fill the tank.
4. Check the user manual for maintenance instructions for your car’s engine. If it suggests that you idle the vehicle for a certain period, be sure to do that as this enhances your engine’s overall performance.
What Does A Fuel Injector Cleaner Consist Of?
The table below shows some of the main components of a fuel injector cleaner and their functions.
Polyether Amine (also known as PEA)
Removes solid deposits to enhance the flow in injector cleaner’s engines and fuel lines.
It acts as a detergent to remove residue and deposits from fuel lines and injectors. It also solves misfiring issues and prevents engine knocks.
Polyisobutylene Amine (PIBA)
It works similarly to polyisobutylene but functions better with moisture. It protects the fuel lines and engine from deposits.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner?
Using the appropriate fuel injector cleaner has several benefits besides keeping your car in its proper condition. Some of the advantages of using this product include;
It Helps Keep The Engine At Its Optimum Performance
Your car’s engine collects a lot of pollutants when running, such as debris, carbon deposits, and dust particles. These pollutants can damage the engine and affect its functionality if they block the fuel injector. A clogged fuel injector leads to harmful deposits that pollute the surroundings and are a health hazard to humankind. Your car’s lifespan is also affected negatively. It is, thus, necessary to use a fuel injector cleaner to protect your vehicle and the environment.
Increases The Engine’s Horsepower
Using a fuel injector cleaner removes blockages and helps to increase horsepower. It also enhances the vehicle’s speed and makes it easy to ride.
Enhances The Fuel Injector’s Functionality
A clogged fuel injector cannot function at an optimum level, and this can cause damages. Carbon deposits built upon the hot injector surfaces can lead to wear and tear, causing additional fuel consumption.
When you use Lucas fuel injector cleaner, there will be the proper amount of diesel and gas delivery to the engine. A fuel cleaner helps to protect your injector from severe wear and tear hence enhancing maximum performance.
It Is Environment-Friendly
Lucas fuel injector cleaner is eco-friendly. This product helps maintain the vehicle’s emissions according to proper standards without polluting the environment for both humans and animals.
What Are Signs That Your Car’s Fuel Injector Needs Cleaning?
The following signs are an indication that your fuel injector needs cleaning;
1. If the engine stutters, stumble or hesitates
2. If the engine often misfires
3. Increased emissions from your car
4. Visible exhaust and pollution output
5. Unusual fuel consumption
6. Difficulty when the vehicle is starting
7. Slow acceleration and lagging RPM reading
8. If you detect fuel smelling in your vehicle due to an open area or a possible leakage
9. Check engine light switches on due to too much or too little fuel delivery. You may also experience problems with the sensor.
Can Too Much Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner Cause Problems?
Too much of something is poisonous, and this applies to Lucas fuel injector cleaner as well. Adding the excess amount of this product may damage the fuel tank’s lining. There may also be reduced fuel efficiency and engine performance. While there is no concrete proof, some drivers feel that too much injector cleaner can cause increased motor oil viscosity.
Lucas fuel injector cleaner is a safe product to use on motor vehicles since it unclogs the fuel tank and enhances the engine’s performance. It does not contain alcohol, harmful solvents, or any substances that can damage parts of the machine. This type of cleaner is suitable for all types of engines, whether it uses gas or diesel.