Foods that Start with L consist of fruits like Lapsi, Lemon, Lychee, Limeberry, Lady Apple fruit, Lucuma, and Loquat. The letter L also comprises a number of vegetables like Leek, Lemongrass, Lentil, Lettuce, Lagos Bologi, Land Cress, Laver, Lima Bean, and Lotus Root. Different cuisines such as African, Caribbean, Continental, Mexican, Oriental, Indian, and Mediterranean have foods that begin with L. They are Lablabi, La Bandera Dominican, Langos, Lengua, Lamian, Laapsi, and Labneh.
Some foods have a high nutritional value. The nutrients comprise vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin B, and vitamin C. They also include proteins, carbohydrates, calcium, sodium, potassium, and so on. All of them has a key role in maintaining a healthy balance in our body. Foods that Start with L have a very rich value of nutrition. They not only keep our body healthy but also make it resistant to certain diseases.
What Are The Fruits That Start With The Letter L?
Some Fruits That Start With L Are Listed Below.
1. Lapsi: Lapsi is a green fruit. Its scientific name is Choerospondias axillaries. This fruit mainly grows in Nepal. Lapsi is also a native fruit of India, China, Japan, and Bhutan. The fruit is around three centimeters. People make fruit tarts, pickles, spicy and sour candy from Lapsi in Nepal. The fruit contains vitamin C, sodium, potassium, and calcium. It has antioxidants and helps to treat myocardial ischemia. The fruit also improves blood circulation and calms the nerves.
2. Lemon: Lemon is a fruit because it contains seeds. The scientific name of lemon is Citrus limon. It is a fruit of an evergreen tree that belongs to the family of flowering plants of Rutaceae. This is a native fruit of South Asia. Lemon has vitamin C, which works as an antioxidant and protects from strokes and other cardiovascular diseases. It also helps to regulate blood pressure. This fruit is beneficial for weight loss, good skin, improving digestion, and preventing kidney stones.
3. Lychee: Lychee is a fruit with a heart-like shape. It has a red outer layer that covers the fruit’s sweet flesh. The scientific name of Lychee is Litchi chinensis. It is a native fruit of the provinces of Fujian and Guangdong of southeastern China. Lychee contains antioxidants, vitamin C, proteins, fiber, and minerals like copper and potassium. It prevents diabetes, cancer, and heart diseases.
4. Limeberry: Limeberry is a fruit of the tree Triphasia. The other name of Limeberry is Lemon China. The scientific name of this fruit is Triphasia trifolia. It has a slight sweet lime flavor. It is a native fruit of tropical southeastern Asia in the region of Malaysia and the Philippines. Limeberry belongs to the family of Rutaceae. The fruit contains protein, fiber, carbohydrates, sodium, and potassium. The health benefits include the treatment of cough and sore throat.
5. Lady Apple: Lady Apple is a French apple. It is a popular fruit in North America and Europe. This fruit has sodium, potassium, carbohydrate, fiber, protein, iron, calcium, vitamin A and vitamin C. The fruit is beneficial for the treatment of diarrhea and chest congestion.
What Are The Vegetables That Begin With L?
Now, We Are Going To Look At Vegetables That Begin With L.
1. Leek: Leek is a vegetable that comes from the cultivar Allium ampeloprasum. The scientific name of this vegetable is Allium ampeloprasum. It contains vitamin A, vitamin K1, vitamin B6, iron, copper, and folate. Leek also has manganese, which helps relieve premenstrual syndrome and protects thyroid health. Antioxidants present in this vegetable prevent the damage of cells, cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. Among other things, it helps to reduce weight, inflammation, regulate digestion, blood sugar, and improves brain function.
2. Lemongrass: Lemongrass is a vegetable of the tropical island. It belongs to the grass family. The scientific name of Lemongrass is Cymbopogon citratus. This vegetable has properties of antioxidant, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammation. It decreases the risk of cancer, promotes digestive health, regulates blood pressure, and cholesterol. Lemongrass also helps in reducing weight and controls premenstrual symptoms.
3. Lentil: Lentil is a vegetable that contains edible seeds. The scientific name of Lentil is Lens culinaris. The seed of this plant grows in pods. Canada and India provide fifty-eight percent of the lentil production in the world. This vegetable has low calories. It contains proteins, fiber, vitamin B, potassium, zinc, iron, phosphorus, and magnesium. Lentils protect cardiovascular health.
4. Lettuce: Lettuce is a leafy vegetable that belongs to the family of Asteraceae. The scientific name of this vegetable is Lactuca sativa. People use lettuce in the preparation of salads. They have it raw or cooked. It contains vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, protein, fiber, iron, and calcium. Lettuce helps to improve bone strength, vision, and sleep.
5. Lagos Bologi: Lagos Bologi is a perennial vegetable. Its scientific name is Talinum fruticosum. This is a native vegetable of Mexico, West Africa, South America, the Caribbean, and Central America. It contains calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, vitamin A and vitamin C. It protects the health of bones, eye health, cognitive health, and prevents iron deficiency.
What Are The Foods Of Different Cuisines That Start With L?
In The Last Segment, We Are Going To Talk About Different Cuisines With Foods That Start With The Letter L.
1. Lablabi: Lablabi is a dish of Tunisia. It belongs to African cuisine. This dish contains chickpeas within a clove of thin garlic and a soup that is cumin-flavored. It gives a sweet, salty, and savory taste. The serving of the lablabi is done along with small pieces of crusty and stale bread. It is a nutritious dish as it contains vitamin C, iron, calcium, sodium, potassium, and fiber. Some of its health benefits include the improvement of bone and cardiovascular health.
2. La bandera Dominican: La bandera Dominican is a Dominican dish. It belongs to Caribbean cuisine. The preparation of this dish is done with white rice, stewed beans, and roasted or stewed meat. La bandera Dominican contains iron, manganese, potassium, vitamin A and vitamin C. The meat controls the level of blood sugar.
3. Langos: Langos is a Hungarian dish. It belongs to continental cuisine. People make langos with flatbread, which is deep-fried. The final serving constitutes of different toppings like grated cheese and sour cream. Among the nutrients are iron, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, calcium, vitamin B6, and vitamin C. Medically, it helps to regulate blood pressure and protects cardiovascular health.
4. Lengua: Lengua is a dish of Mexican cuisine. The preparation consists of the tongue of an ox or a cow with a seasoning of onions boiled and different spices. The cow’s tongue has iron, zinc, protein, and vitamin b12. Zinc builds up immunity, while vitamin B12 protects the health of the nervous system.
5. Lamian: Lamian is a dish of stir-fried Chinese noodles. The serving is also done with the sauce. Soft wheat flour is used for making these noodles. This dish belongs to Oriental cuisine. Lamian contains sodium, carbohydrates, and fiber.
6. Laapsi: Laapsi is a West Indian dish. The cooking consists of broken, coarse ground wheat with sugar and butter. Laapsi consists of fiber, magnesium, iron, and proteins. This dish helps in digestion, boosts energy, and releases toxins from the body.
7. Labneh: Labneh is a dish of Mediterranean cuisine. The other name for this dish is Greek yogurt. It is primarily a cheese from salted strained yogurt. It is done by the process of draining the whey. Labneh is full of sodium, calcium, iron, protein, and vitamin A. It improves gut health and is even suitable for people who have lactose intolerance.
Food starting with L consists of fruits, vegetables, and foods from different cuisines. They are nutritionally rich as well as delicious. So, if you want to explore food, begin with the letter L.