Last Updated on September 3, 2021 By Emma W. Thomas
Finding foods that start with T may seem to be tough, but some of them you consume daily. Here are some of the foods that begin with T- tahini, tamarind, tart, tea, tofu, tiramisu, turkey, tacos, tabasco. With these, many other foods start with T like toast, trifle, tangerines, tortillas, teriyaki, toffee, tilapia.
Jump To A Section
Is There Any Dish That We Can Have In Our Main Course?
With the new sensational craze of finding food to eat in alphabetical order, we often forget or skip several known dishes. But here is a list of some known and some unknown dishes starting with T that you can try on.
The name may sound tricky, but it is that much tasty. Tabbouleh is a Levantine salad that has lots of vegetables and herbs. Finely chopped onions, tomatoes, bulgur wheat, scallions and seasoned with mint, parsley, olive oil, salt, sweet pepper, and lemon juice gives a good taste.
This traditional type of pasta is something that you can pretty often see on the Italian menu. The pasta is long, with narrow ribbons just like fettuccine shape. Though served with different sauces, it is the classic meat sauce or Bolognese sauce that goes well with it.
Similar to tagliatelle, tagliolini is another variation of pasta that has a long shape. But it is not flat like tagliatelle rather cylindrical in shape.
4. Tempura Udon
The famous Japanese dish is a combination of two dishes. Tempura is a crispy dish of deep-fried vegetables, seafood, or meat. This deeply fried dish is lighter than fried chicken. On the other side, udon means noodles. Udon is a preparation of thick wheat noodles in a savory hot broth. While serving, udon is placed in a bowl and garnished with tempura.
5. Teriyaki Beef
Teriyaki is a Japanese cooking technique of beef, chicken, or seafood by mixing in soy sauce, mirin or sugar and then grilled. Sometimes, the addition of ginger or spring onion is there for garnish.
This fancy meatloaf from the traditional fresh cuisine looks similar to pare and baked in a covered earthenware casserole.
Tetrazzini is an American pasta dish that has mushrooms, cream, and cheesy sauce with seafood or poultry and is flavored with wine.
Timbale is a unique deep dish that has a filling of pre-cooked meat, sausages, or fish with other ingredients. For the crust, it can be slices of bread, vegetables, or sweet pastry. The crust encloses the filling completely and is then is baked.
9. Tournedos Rossini
This Fresh dish is a thick steak cut from the beef tenderloin with a strip usually of bacon or suet and served with different sauces.
10. Tuna Steak
This popular warm-water fish has a flavor of different herbs and spices to serve as steaks.
11. Tuna Burger
Here, instead of beef or chicken, the burger patty has tuna fish in it.
12. Turkey Breast Roast
Roasted in aluminum foil, a large turkey breast meat has a seasoning of various herbs and spices to make a delectable dish for dinner.
What Are The Common Fruits And Vegetables Beginning With The Alphabet T?
There are not many familiar names of fruits and vegetables that begin with the letter T.
|Fruits Beginning With The Letter T||Vegetables Beginning With The Letter T|
|Tomatoes, Tamarind, Tangerine, Tart Cherries, Tangelos||Turnip, Tree onion, Taro.|
What Are The Famous African Foods That Begin With T?
Many African foods start with the letter T and here are a few of the popular foods-
1. Tabil: It is a Tunisian dish that has caraway seeds, ground coriander seeds, garlic powder, and red chili powder.
2. Tahini: This North African sauce or paste from the hulled sesame seeds and soaked in saltwater and then toasted to get an oily paste.
3. Tajine: A slow-cooked stew made with the ingredients including tender meat, aromatic vegetables, and sauce cooked in a traditional earthenware Tajine pot. This Berber dish is a full meal in itself.
4. Tapalapa Bread: This traditional bread from West African is similar to a baguette eaten by spreading butter during breakfast.
5. Tapioca Pudding: A delightfully sweet pudding of tapioca, milk and cream is what makes it so popular among the tribe.
6. Tomato Bredie: A stew of mutton with seasonings like ginger, chili, cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves.
7. Toum: Toum is a garlic sauce made with a combination of garlic, olive oil, salt, and lemon.
8. Tuwo Shinkafa: A very popular appetizing dish of Northern Nigeria, Tuwo shinkafa is a thick pudding. Made with boiled rice, millet, or maize, this comes in the shape of a ball by rolling it.
Name Some Asian Foods That Begin With The Letter T.
Many Asian foods have T as their first letter and here are some of those foods-
1. Tandoori chicken: A chicken marinated and tossed for hours with yogurt, tandoori masala and other spices to roast in a traditional clay oven.
2. Tandoori Fish Tikka: The marination of Fish in ginger and lime prepared to grill on an open fire.
3. Tahu Sumedang: It is an Indonesian tofu dish that is deep-fried.
4. Tangbao: Tangbao is a large dumpling-like momo with a filling of pork and chicken broth.
6. Theeyal: This is a sauce from the Indian state of Kerala. It is a mixture of roasted coconut, tamarind water, coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds, and dried red chili.
7. Tahu Gejrot: A hot Indonesian tofu dish served with a narrow, watery dressing of sweet soy sauce, blending palm sugar and vinegar.
8. Thengai Sadam: It is basically a coconut rice dish from the southern state Tamil Nadu of India.
7. Takoyaki: Takoyaki also known as octopus balls, is a Japanese appetizer made of a wheat flour-like batter. Then they use a special mold-pan that has a filling of minced octopus, tempura scraps, green onions, and pickled ginger.
8. Tokneneng: The hard-boiled chicken eggs coated with an orange-colored batter to deep fry them.
9. Tteokbokki: It is a South Korean popular food that is nothing but spicy rice cakes.
10. Ttongpang: Ttongpang is a South Korean poop-shaped pastry with a filling of sweet red bean paste and walnut kernel. And yes, it is edible!
11. Tuna Bun: Just like a Tuna burger, it is a fish bun containing a smooth tuna paste.
12. Tornado Potato: A striking Korean dish of potatoes that spins on a skewer. Eat it as it is or in between a hot dog.
13. Turon: It is a popular Filipino snack that is like banana fritters, made with bananas, jackfruit, or other fruit slices. It is put on a spring roll wrapper and then rolled with brown sugar and deep-fried.
What Are The Continental Foods Options That Start With T?
Continental foods have a wide range of foods that begins with the letter T. Let’s check them out below-
1. Taco Chips: The popular chips have a topping of taco mayonnaise, tomatoes, onions, peppers, cheese, and minced beef.
2. Trifle: A multi-layered cold dessert that has a variety of ingredients like sponge fingers, jelly, wine, custard, and whipped cream.
3. Treacle tart: Treacle tart is also a sweet dish—the pastry shell with a filling of thick and sweet treacle mixture.
4. Teacake: Teacakes are usually fruit buns that you need to toast or spread butter before eating.
5. Torte: A flavorful baked confection that has groundnuts instead of flour.
What Are The Options For Caribbean Foods Beginning With The Letter T?
Many Caribbean foods start with the letter T and here are some of them you can give a try-
1. Tassot: An authentic Haitian delicacy that has goat meat in the marination of lemon juice, orange juice, and onions. The marination is then put in the oil to fry them crispy brown.
2. Toto: A tiny coconut cake that has a combination of ingredients like shredded coconut, flour, brown sugar, coconut milk, and a pinch of baking soda or baking powder.
3. Tamarind Balls: A sour dish with just two ingredients tamarind pulp and powdered sugar to give the shape of balls.
4. Tchaka: A warm Haitian stew containing red beans, smoked pork, dried corn, and squash.
5. Trinidad Pelau: A delicious dish from Trinidad that contains chicken or beef cooked with rice, vegetables, coconut milk, and fresh aromatic herbs.
What Foods In The Mexican Cuisine Start With The Letter T?
Many Mexican foods begin with the letter T. Here are some of the known and unknown dishes in Mexico.
1. Tacos: Mexican tortilla chips often have toppings of pork rinds, potatoes, picadillo, and beans.
2. Taco Al Pastor: A taco al pastor is a slice of spit pork that undergoes grilling to serve on the plate finally.
3. Tortilla: Made with wheat flour or cornmeal, it is a thin Mexican flatbread.
4. Taquitos: This Mexican dish comes in the shape of small-rolling tortillas with a filling of chicken or beef and creamy cheese.
5. Tamales: Tamales is a very popular Mexican dish prepared from cornmeal dough and has a filling of meat or cheese. It then uses corn husk to wrap the filling and finally put on to steam.
6. Tortas: The transformation of the half rolls into large sandwiches with fillings including pork or chicken, cheese, carnitas, or fried beans tastes delicious.
7. Torta De Huevo: It is a Mexican-style omelet of beaten eggs and other ingredients. This is fluffy, soft and usually eaten during breakfast.
8. Tostada: A corn tortilla is put into the oil to deep fry them until it gets crispy and hard. While serving, it has a topping of lettuce, tomato, cheese, lettuce, sour cream, and sometimes guacamole.
9. Totopo: A flat corn food that is similar to a tortilla but comes in a round or triangular shape. Fry, toast or bake as you like them.
10. Tripas: Last but not least, trips are a dish from Mexican cuisine which has the ingredients including small intestines of farm animals with cilantro, finely chopped onions, and chili sauce.
What options do we get for drinks Beginning with T to serve in a party?
Well, if you are planning a party and want some options for drinks with the letter T, this list won’t disappoint you.
1. Tequila: A distilled alcohol, tequila is a popular drink worldwide.
2. Tamarindo: A mixture of boiled tamarind and sugar, this sweet and sour drink can change the platter.
3. Tejate: Made with cacao and maize, this is a non-alcoholic Mexican beverage.
4. Tia Maria: The Jamaican coffee liqueur that has a base of Jamaican rum and is flavored with Jamaican coffee and Madagascar vanilla beans.
5. Tom And Jerry: A cocktail of brandy and rum.
6. Tom Collins: A cocktail of lemon juice, gin, sugar mixed with carbonated water.
7. Tuba: A palm wine drink from Mexico.
There is no shortage of food beginning with the letter T. Different cuisines offer different types of foods to match their tastes. With the increase in global relations, people are showing more interest to try out different cuisines. So, here we are with the list of different popular foods and recipes across the world, and all are starting with the letter T.
Emma is a graduate of Domestic Science or Family and Consumer Sciences (Home Economics) from the University of Wisconsin. She has 7 years of experience Working with the strategic section of BestBuy and now writing full-time for Homeeon.
From Managing the Home, Interiors, Cleaning, and Exteriors to Gardening and everything about Making A Home Liveable – is her passion and this Homeeon is the result of this.
Emma loves decorating her home with the best stuff found online. She cares about quality over anything and writes reviews about them here in Homeeon. Get in touch with her over Pinterest.
Keep reading her blogs.