Last Updated on March 7, 2021 By Emma W. Thomas
Mothers are special to us, and we love them. They take care of us and nurture us in the most loving way. When we are still young, we spend most of our time with them, forming a bond that cannot be broken. We need to appreciate their effort by showing them some love. Poems are an excellent way of expressing our love and gratitude, and Mother’s Day is a perfect opportunity to do that. Mother’s Day is celebrated on different dates worldwide to honor our mums.
If you are a dad to a preschooler, helping them make unique cards with amazing Mother’s Day poems will surely make their day. Composing a Mother’s Day poem can be tasking if you have no background in poetry. That is why we have researched some short and lovely poems by world best poets that are ideal for preschoolers. Read on to pick on or two for an amazing mum in your life.
Jump To A Section
Fun Ways For Preschoolers To Present Mother’s Day Poems
Involving your preschooler in customizing a poem coupled with gifts for Mother’s Day is fun and engaging. It helps your child boost their creativity and confidence. To make poems extra special, you can print them out and have the kids hand paint or DIY cards and gifts.
Here are some fun ideas of making this activity engaging and special for a preschooler.
1. Help your kids handwrite the poems on a card
2. Cut out fun shapes and write some quotes or bible verses for mum
3. Let the kids create a photo book with their favorite pics of mum
4. Make a special flower bouquet with flowers from your yard then attach a card to the bouquet
5. Prepare a Mother’s Day breakfast or dinner with preschoolers and have them recite a special poem over the meal
6. Handmake beaded bracelets or mum’s favorite jewelry
7. Help kids write appreciation notes for their mum and hide them in strategic places where she will find them
8. Bake some cookies or cupcakes to go with cards or gifts! Don’t be afraid of getting a little messy.
9. Learn to recite at least two poems and present them to mum when she wakes up and before going to bed.
You can choose one or more activities for your preschooler, depending on their ability and interest. Walk with the kid at every step for them to enjoy these activities without feeling like it’s a chore. Mothers will love your thoughtfulness and effort towards making their day special and memorable.
Ten Best Mother’s Day Poems For Preschoolers
Here are great poems for any mother on their special day. You can choose to recite them or write them on a card that she can see for years.
1. For a preschooler who is just learning how to speak, a short poem is the best. Here’s an easy and memorable one for them to recite:
Shortest Mother’s Day Poem
You’re my mother,
I would have no other!
~ Forest Houtenschil
2. Want a poem that will remain imprinted in mum’s heart forever? Here you go
God made a wonderful mother,
A mother who never grows old;
He made her smile of the sunshine,
And He molded her heart of pure gold;
In her eyes, He placed bright shining stars,
In her cheek’s fair roses, you see;
God made a wonderful mother,
And He gave that dear mother to me.
~ Pat O’Reilly
3. When you want a poem to accompany your bible gift, this one will come in handy to remind mum that’s she’s your special person that God made just for you.
God Created Mothers
When God created mothers,
All as lovely as can be,
He made one extra special,
And saved her just for me!
~ Holly Giffers
4. For a mum in heaven, a poem written for keepsake will help when you are missing mummy.
. A mother.
A mother wraps
her love around the heart
of her daughter,
keeping each beat steady
through the rhythm of life,
until wings take shape,
and it’s time for the soul
to take flight.
~ Christy Ann Martine.
5. For cheeky and naughty toddlers, appreciating your mum’s patience will make her day.
Put Up with Me
I’m glad that you’re my mother,
Kind and caring and strong.
Coz surely no-one else,
Could have put up with me this long!
~ Holly Giffers
6. Need a poem to accompany your handprint craft? This one here is great, especially if you have your prints on every wall and furniture at home.
Here is my handprint,
Five fingers in all,
Outside they are short,
But the middle is tall.
You will find them on windows,
You can find them on the wall,
They will make a big mess,
For something so small.
One day I will grow,
And leave them no more,
My handprints will be missed,
Of that, I am sure.
So here is one now,
That you can’t wipe away,
My present to you,
This Mother’s Day.
7. A sweet and lovely mom deserves a sweet poem, and you can never go wrong with this popular love poem
Short Mother’s Day Poem For Mom
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Sugar is sweet,
And so are you!
8. In case you want a poem to accompany your DIY project or cookies collection. We got your back. Mom will love to see fingerprints that she doesn’t need to clean after.
Dirt and cookie fingerprints
are not too hard to find,
You’ll see them on our walls and drawers,
Where I go, they’re left behind!
But soon I’ll learn to wash my hands,
And tuck them by my side,
The walls and drawers clean once more,
No grubby marks to hide.
So here I leave my fingerprints,
Each and every one,
Painted as a reminder,
Of dirt and cookies, and fun!
9. When you want to sound intelligent and recite a poem that can never grow old despite your age, this poem by Sarah merlin is the real deal. Preschoolers and older kids can recite it together.
Your arms were always open
when I needed a hug.
Your heart understood
when I needed a friend.
Your gentle eyes were stern
when I needed a lesson.
Your strength and love has guided me
and gave me wings to fly.
~ Sarah Malin
10. Our last poem is great for a printable and colorful card or even to present at the breakfast table, and mum will be mesmerized.
You filled my days with rainbow lights,
Fairytales and sweet dream nights,
A kiss to wipe away my tears,
Gingerbread to ease my fears.
You gave the gift of life to me
And then in love, you set me free.
I thank you for your tender care,
For deep warm hugs and being there.
I hope that when you think of me
A part of you
You’ll always see it.
Mothers love and appreciate our efforts, no matter how little. Gifting them on mother’s day will make their day and affirm them of our love. Whether you are a preschool teacher, a dad, or relative to a preschooler, help them come up with a unique item for a mum on this day. Select one poem that befits the mum in your life and make their day extra special.
Emma is a graduate of Domestic Science or Family and Consumer Sciences (Home Economics) from the University of Wisconsin. She has 7 years of experience Working with the strategic section of BestBuy and now writing full-time for Homeeon.
From Managing the Home, Interiors, Cleaning, and Exteriors to Gardening and everything about Making A Home Liveable – is her passion and this Homeeon is the result of this.
Emma loves decorating her home with the best stuff found online. She cares about quality over anything and writes reviews about them here in Homeeon. Get in touch with her over Pinterest.
Keep reading her blogs.