Vacuuming your house and offices is a must if you need to observe hygiene and keep your place sparkling all the time. Your cleaning process will not be complete until you leave everything dazzling, including the stairs. Vacuuming your stairs is challenging due to the edges, corners, and awkward crevices where dust, dirt, hair, and debris hide. It is quite involving to clean and vacuum the stairs considering that you need to climb up and down the many steps. You will also require dragging your vacuum cleaner up and down while at the same time bending and stooping to clean every edge and corner of the staircase.
What is a Vacuum For Stairs and Edges?
A vacuum cleaner is an appliance that can be used to clean surfaces or to extract air from a particular space. The earliest such devices were manually operated designs, but today they are almost always power-driven.
Vacuum cleaners come in a wide variety of designs and sizes, with varying degrees of suction power and types of cleaning operation. They have the basic function of drawing in air from space through either a hose or by using spinning brush rollers, then drawing it across some type of filter media such as cloth or paper before expelling it at high velocity through either an outlet hose or directly into the airstream through another device such as
The purpose of a vacuum cleaner is to remove dust and debris from the inner surfaces of your stair edges, floors, and carpets. This is done by sucking in the air and directing it into a bag or container where the dirt can be deposited.
The most important thing when using a vacuum for stairs would be to check that it fits your machine and that you’re using the correct attachment for your needs as well as getting some practice in before you start using it regularly.
Comparison: 6 Best Vacuums For Stairs
There are many vacuum cleaners for stairs in the market, but not all of them will give you the service that you need. We have highlighted six of the best vacuums for you to look at:
|Product||Features & Benefits|
|Black + Decker Dustbuster handheld Vacuum, Cordless, 16V (CHV 10L)|| •Durable, lightweight, and no memory effect |
•Smart charge technology
•Cyclonic action that assists to keep the filter clean and power strong
•A translucent bagless dirt bowl for quickly seeing dirt and emptying it
•A rotating slim nozzle for different applications.
•Washable, removable for thorough bowl and filters
|Eureka EasyClean Lightweight Handheld Vacuum Cleaner, Hand Vac Corded 71B|| •Moveable, lightweight handheld vacuum |
•A brush that is motorized with an on/off switch for thorough cleaning
•20-foot cord for extended reach
•Has two motors – for brush and for suction to enhance thorough cleaning
• One-year manufacturer warranty and money-back guarantee
|Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum, Corded 33A1|| •The multi-layer filtration system uses a cyclonic cleaning system •Specialized rubber needle that attracts hair and pulls out the dust on parts like stairs and upholstery |
•Sturdy, convenient for the fast, easy cleanup
•Efficiently picks up dry messes on several surfaces
•Versatile contour nozzle pulls out dirt and hair on stairs and upholstery
|Bissell Cleanview Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, Orange, 1831|| •One pass technology with powerful suction |
•Powerful, multi-cyclonic suction system
•Multilevel filtration with a filter that is washable
•Lightweight design for easy carrying
•Extended cleaning reach
|Eureka NEU 182A Power Speed lightweight Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner, Lite, Indigo Blue||•Powerful vacuum cleaner|
•Extra-large capacity for holding more dust
•Includes multiple accessories for effective cleaning
•Adjustable height to work of all surfaces
•A 7-inch long crevice tool
|Shark Navigator Lift-away Deluxe NV360 upright Vacuum blue No products found.|| •A lift away press a button |
•Anti-allergen complete seal technology
•Swivel steering excellent control for easy maneuvering
•A considerable capacity, to the empty dust cup
•Extended cleaning with no interruption
8 Reasons of Why an Effective Vacuum is a Must-Have for Every Home
Since the invention of vacuum cleaners, this household tool has become one of the most convenient and indispensable appliances in our lives. Vacuum cleaners are not only used to clean up dust and dirt but also to keep your home healthy.
In a world where we are surrounded by dirt and dust, it is increasingly important to have an effective vacuum in the home to help keep things clean. However, it is not always easy to find the right one.
There are a variety of reasons as to why you should get an effective vacuum cleaner for your home:
- The first reason is that, by having an effective vacuum cleaner, you will be able to enjoy a healthier home without worrying about airborne bacteria or other contaminants
- It also becomes easier for you to clean up small spills on the floor with ease
- It saves water and energy by sucking up less dust
- You won’t have to worry about replacing bags or filters as often because it is easy to empty them out
- It removes dirt and dust from your home without you having to do anything
- It also removes allergens like pollen and dander from the air you breathe into your lungs
- It helps prevent infections like flu or colds because bacteria cannot survive in the tight spaces of your home
- In addition to keeping your carpets cleaner, it can help make other household chores easier as well. For example, when you vacuum up pet hair around the house, this saves you time on vacuuming.
The Top 10 Vacuum Cleaner for Stairs Reviews
Nevertheless, with the appropriate vacuum for stairs, you can quickly and effortlessly vacuum your stairs, giving them that gleam that is pleasing to everyone that sees them. You may be wondering, ‘which is the best vacuum for stairs? ‘Relax, we have your answer!
This guide will help you pick the right vacuum for cleaning your staircase. Read on for more highlights:
1. Black + Decker Dust buster handheld Vacuum, Cordless, 16V (CHV 10L) (Best Lightweight Vacuum For Stairs)
Black + Decker ChV110L is ideal for picking up dust, dirt, and pet hair. It has a sleek design with lithium technology fade-free power, and strong suction. It also has a translucent dirt blow with no bag making it easy to see the dirt and empty it. This hand vacuum can retain a charge for up to 18 months without recharging. It is lightweight and quickly picks up dirt and pet hair. The smart charge technology of the Back + Decker is high-efficiency Lithium ion chargers, which help in protecting the vacuum cleaner by shutting off automatically when the battery is full. You will be able to conveniently store the vac on the charger while at the same time maintaining long run times. The device has a cyclonic action that spins dust and debris away from the filter, thus keeping the suction sturdy.
The Benefits Of The Product
1. Has lithium-ion for the long life of the battery and superior performance
2. Durable, lightweight, and no memory effect
3. Smart charge technique that uses up to 50% less energy
4. Cyclonic action that assists in keeping the filter clean and power active. The translucent bagless dirt bowl easy to see inside and to empty
5. Has a rotating slim nozzle for many applications
6. Has removable, washable bowl and filters for thorough cleaning
7. Two-year warranty
1. Battery not user-replaceable
Click here for more highlights:
2. Eureka Easy Clean Lightweight and Handheld Vacuum Cleaner, Hand Vac Corded 71B (Most Durable Vacuum For Stairs)
Eureka Easy Clean vacuum cleaner is a portable handheld vacuum that weighs less than 5 pounds. It is easy to use by anybody regardless of age. It has an on/off switch brush, which is motorized for thorough cleaning. It has an integrated filter for emptying the dust canisters.
The vacuum has an extended cord that reaches every part of the stairs. The device has two motors, one for suction and the other one for the brush to ensure thorough cleaning. It has an exclusive riser visor system that makes it fast to clean the stairs concentrating the suction for effective cleaning. The incorporated hose has a fissure tool for cleaning tight spaces.
The Benefits Of This Product
1. Lightweight and easy to use
2. It is portable hence can be used by anyone
3. A brush that is motorized and which has an on/off switch for thorough cleaning
4. Has an integrated filter with a canister for emptying the dust easily
5. Has two motors for the brush and suction for thorough cleaning
6. Comes with a one year warranty and money-back guarantee
7. Sounds perfect for your stairs!
Check this link for photos and prices:
3. Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum, Corded 33A1 (Best Two Nozzles Vacuum)
The vacuum cleaner is specially designed for picking up pet hair. The tool is handheld, and it is powerful enough to deliver the desired results quickly. The equipment has a flexible rubber contour nozzle, which removes dirt and pet hair efficiently from the stairs and upholstery. The vacuum is lightweight, weighing less than four pounds with a convenient easy-grip-handle, and finger-tip access on/off switch. For maximum suction performance, you should empty the dirt container after each use. It also includes a filter screen, a post-motor filter, and a 16-foot power cord, which has a cord-wrap system.
The Benefits Of This Product
1. It includes two nozzles that are specially designed for cleaning dry messes and inside the car
2. Special rubber nozzle for attracting pet hair and pulling out dirt from the stairs
3. Picks up dry messes efficiently
4. It is lightweight and can be used by anybody
5. It has a multilevel filtration system
6. Comes with a one year warranty
7. Convenient and powerful for quickly and efficiently cleaning up
1. Cannot be used as a DustBuster
2. It’s bulky
Check this link for more insights:
4. Bissell Cleanview Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, Orange, 1831 (Vacuum With One Pass Technology)
Bissell cleanview vacuum cleaner is different from other vacuums that require you to make several passes on the same spot before they vacuum all the debris. It is engineered with a single pass technology with powerful suction and an innovative brush structure to clean on the initial pass. It has a multi-cyclonic system that offers lasting, powerful suction and a lightweight design that makes it easy to move around and carry. It is an ideal blend of form and capacity. The level multilevel filtration with a filter that is washable assists in the reduction of household dust and allergens. The vacuum is easy to use and has a large-capacity, bottom-empty dirt bin for emptying the mess quickly. It includes special tools such as a dusting brush, crevice tool, and turbo brush for cleaning the stairs, furniture, upholstery, etc.
The Benefits Of This Product
1. Cleans fast due to the one-pass technology
2. Powerful multi-cyclonic suction for capturing dirt
3. Lightweight and so easy to carry and push
4. Multilevel filtration that helps to reduce allergens and dust
5. Has an extended cleaning reach for cleaning larger surface
6. A huge dirt bin with bottom, easy and quick to empty and debris emptying that is mess-free
1. The filter is non-washable
A good vacuum cleaner!
Click this link for more highlights:
5. Eureka NEU 182A Power Speed lightweight Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner, Lite, Indigo Blue (Best Lightweight Vacuum For Stairs)
Eureka NEU is a powerful vacuum cleaner with an active motor and brush roll that lifts stubborn and heavy dirt. Its 12.6-inch wide nozzle cleans quickly and correctly. It is not heavy and hence easy to maneuver and can be used for the entire home cleaning. It works perfectly on all types of floors, and you, therefore, need not worry about scratches and gouges. The dust-cup is enormous, and you don’t have to keep emptying for the time. The vacuum cleaner has many accessories that include a quick-release handle, which is connected to the stretch hose for cleaning above the floor. It also has a 7-inch long crevice tool, a dusting brush, and an upholstery device for cleaning hard-to-reach areas like the stairs. It can extract pet hair, dirt, pet hair, therefore freshening up your place.
The Benefits Of This Product
1. It is light and easy to move around
2. It can lift stubborn and heavy debris
3. You don’t need to keep emptying the dust cup since it is extra-large and hence able to hold more dirt
4. It cleans the hard to reach areas of the stairs effectively
5. Has a crevice tool for cleaning of stairs, dusting brush, and an upholstery tool
6. Has a powerful suction for excellent performance
7. Has a washable filter hence low maintenance cost
1. Not suitable for tiles and wood floors
A perfect tool!
Check this link:
6. Shark Navigator Lift-Away Deluxe NV360 Upright Vacuum, Blue ( Anti-Allergen Vacuum Technology)
The shark navigator deluxe vacuum has a lift-away push button to elevate the canister away and effectively clean the hard-to-reach areas. It also comes with anti-allergen complete seal technology and a HEPA filter that traps a more significant percentage of dust and allergens in the vacuum. It has excellent swivel steering control for maneuvering around the furniture. The dust cup has an enormous capacity that is easy to empty, without interrupting the cleaning process.
The Benefits Of This Product
1. Has a large-capacity dust cup
2. An anti-allergen complete seal technology for trapping dust and allergen
3. Easy to assemble and use
4. You can detach the canister from the roller base to clean the stairs
5. It is light and easy to maneuver
1. The cartridge is small, so you need to empty it continuously
2. The warranty may not cover all parts
It’s a perfect stairs vacuum!
Click this link for the price and more information:
What To Consider When Purchasing A Vacuum For Stairs
When purchasing a vacuum cleaner for your staircase, a lot of factors need to be considered to help you achieve that sparkle that you need. It must be easy for you to move it up and down as you clean and one that reaches every corner and edge. The following are crucial factors to look at:
1. Individual’s Taste And Preferences
Your taste is vital when it comes to choosing the color of the cleaner. You may also consider whether the vacuum has a bag or not. There is both a corded and cordless vacuum, but this also depends on your individual preference.
2. Type Of Floor
The kind of surface plays a vital role in selecting the best vacuum for stairs. It is not easy to find a vacuum cleaner that is suitable for all types of floors. There are vacuum cleaners for specific floor types such as tiled, hardwood, plush carpet, and shag carpet vacuums. As you look at the kind of floor, it is necessary to know whether the vacuum is perfect for the staircase.
3. Allergies And Asthma
Vacuuming your stairs aims at uplifting the hygienic standards of your home. However, it is necessary to consider the cleaning tools you use so as not to affect those around you negatively. Depending on whether there are asthmatic or allergic people in your home, you should pick the right equipment. You should also consider whether there are pets in your home or not. Choose the right tool that will collect the hair without blowing it off hence affecting the sick.
The vacuum cleaner ought to have a HEPA filter to capture all dirt, including allergens hence preventing them from being blown into the air.
4. Portability Or Storage
Cleaning the stairs requires you to have a tool that you can easily carry or drag without straining. You don’t need to have a machine that is too heavy to carry and use hence making the cleaning process tedious. When purchasing online, you should check the product description for weight, but if buying from the local store, then push it around or lift it to test the pressure. You can choose a backpack vacuum to make your cleaning easier. It is also vital to check the ease of storage of your equipment.
A good vacuum for your stairs should have a suitable structure that to reach all corners, edges, and crevices. The tool should have a dusting brush, hose attachment, and extension wand for proper cleaning.
When purchasing the best vacuum for stairs, it is essential to consider your budget. The most expensive vacuum cleaner does not necessarily have to be the most ideal. You should ensure that besides the affordability, that the tool meets all other factors listed above. It will not be sensible to buy expensive equipment that will not achieve the standard of cleanliness that you want. It will also be senseless to purchase an inexpensive tool that requires replacement every other time.
5 Quick Tips to Clean Stairs Easily
Are your kids playing with the vacuum cleaner and making a mess? Here are five easy steps to have your home clean again in no time.
1) Begin by vacuuming the stairs to get rid of any excess dirt or dust.
2) Sweep the stairs on both sides of the carpet for any remaining dust or dirt.
3) Using a bucket of warm water and dish detergent, wash all steps (except carpeted steps). Rinse well and let dry.
4) Using a damp towel, wipe all surfaces that were washed down getting rid of any soap residue, and drying them thoroughly before moving onto the next step.
5) Last but not least, vacuum again to make sure there is nothing left behind from your earlier cleaning efforts.
How to Clean Your Stairs with a Vacuum
It can be tricky to clean your stairs with a vacuum cleaner because the power cord may get tangled and the suction is not as strong. If this happens, you can use a bucket or a plastic bag to capture the dirt.
There are two methods of cleaning your stairs with a vacuum cleaner:
Option 1: Vacuum from top to bottom with the brush attachment on
Option 2: Spray-and-vacuum method
Option 2 is more efficient because it uses less effort and gets rid of more dirt. You should start at one end of the room and work your way down, spraying as you go.
List of the most common areas you need to clean on stairs
- Narrow hallway
- Narrow staircase
- Narrow landing
- Narrow landing with no other access to the stairs
- The jar of pickles you left on the stair landing
- The crumbs in the corner of the bottom step
- The dust that always seems to collect at the top of the stairs
FAQs On Best Vacuum For Stairs
There are several questions about the vacuum that is suitable for stairs. We look at the frequently asked questions below:
Q: Can I Use Any Vacuum Cleaner On My Stairs?
Cleaning the stairs is quite challenging; you need to take care of the edges, corners, and crevices. You should use the vacuum cleaner specifically designed to clean the hard-to-reach areas. Look at the list above and choose the best.
Q: Does The Weight Of The Vacuum Matter When Choosing A Vacuum For Stairs?
When vacuuming your stairs, you need a tool that you can maneuver and move around quickly. The weight of the cleaning tool matters a lot since you will require one that is lightweight for effective cleaning
Q; Are The Most Expensive Vacuums The Best For My Stairs?
No. An expensive vacuum does not necessarily have to be the best. Besides the cost, you need to consider other factors as listed above. You, however, do not need to buy an expensive vacuum that will not meet your expectations. You should also take care not to buy a cheap tool that needs replacing frequently.
Q: Are There Vacuums That Come With A Warranty?
Yes. Some manufacturers give a warranty for their products. It is advisable to check on the warranty details of your vacuum before purchasing it. Some products may have a guarantee on all areas, while some may only have some parts covered.
Cleaning your stairs may not be easy because of the edges and corners. However, there should be no excuse for having a dusty staircase. When selecting a vacuum cleaner, you must look for one that can clean even those areas that are hard to reach. You can purchase one that incorporates all features, or you can buy a separate tool that is specialized for the stairs.
The best vacuum for stairs should be easy to use and maneuver around the stairs. It should also be of the perfect weight for anyone around the house to use. If people are suffering from allergic attacks or asthma, you need to look for that gadget that will not blow off dust and allergens all over. A vacuum cleaner should have a filter to trap all dirt and ensure it does not get into the air. You should also look for one that quickly picks pet hair that may hide in the corners and edges of your stairs.
Besides considering the design of a vacuum cleaner for the stairs, it is quite crucial to look at your budget. You may need to buy that tool that does not call for replacement now and then. You will, therefore, need to save enough money for purchasing that tool that is long-lasting while at the same time giving you the best performance.
You need to have that sparkle in your home, and the stairway is not an exception. With the listed vacuum cleaners, you rest assured of picking the best that suits your needs most. It may also be vital for you to shop around and look at online reviews for these tools to come up with the best. Your taste may not be your friend’s, so make sure you know what you need before buying. Be sure to see the color you want, look at the type of floor of your stairs, and the height and weight ideal for you.
With the right vacuum cleaner, you can become the envy of your friends. You will be able to bring that glow in your place without necessarily spending a lot of time cleaning. You don’t also need to get worn out after the cleaning process, so pick a tool that you can easily handle. The dust cup should be enough to hold dirt and debris, and you may need one that does not require you to empty so many times before completion.
The high vacuums are a valuable investment. You will need a tool that leaves you yearning for that cleaning time. You do not also have to worry when your pets drop hair on your stairs since you know you have the right equipment for this purpose.
Compare the vacuums listed above and choose the best that suits you. Let the cleaning of your stairs be fun and straightforward and not a source of stress or something that you hate doing.
Last update on 2021-08-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API