Are you searching for reliable and dependable soil moisture meters for your garden or lawn? If the answer is yes, our best soil moisture meters review will guide you to choose the right product.
A soil moisture meter is a must-have for a gardener, homeowner, handyman or woman and other professionals. It helps you to find out the level of moisture in the soil. With this, you can determine when your garden or lawn needs watering.
Finding a reliable soil moisture meter is a tough task. Most of the meters can give you misleading results.
Read on as we review the 10 best soil moisture meters for accurate soil moisture reading.
1. General tools MMD4E Digital Moisture Meter
This product is more than a device. It is a tool. It handles a myriad of things. It measures moisture in the soil, wood, walls, carpet, ceiling, and firewood. It is an important tool in assessing the level of water damage after flooding caused by a hurricane, roof leaks, under carpets, and hidden water damage on the floor of the house. After observing water stains in the home, the meter can be used to test if the area is wet or has dried up. It is also used in a general home inspection before packing in. It can locate roof leaks and test firewood to be sure it will burn. It can be used to know if a surface or wall is properly dry before painting. The device is super easy to use. Just stick the stainless steel pins into the area you want to measure and get an accurate reading. It has an overall measuring range of 5-11.9% (Low); 12-15.9% (Medium); 16-50% (High) for wood and 1.5-16.9% (Low); 17-19.9% (Medium); 20-33% (High) for building materials. It has easy-to-read large digits with well designed LED alerts. With the alerts, you get to know if the soil moisture is High, Medium, or Low.
- Moisture detection – It easily determines the moisture level in wood and other building materials. Use it to check areas where water has wreck havoc to find out if there is still moisture in the area
- Mould prevention – Too much moisture leads to mould. The device helps to determine if the area is still wet or not
- Accuracy – The accuracy is near perfection. Results can be High, Medium or Low. Notifications come in green, yellow or red LED alerts
- Easy to read – Notifications come in large digital for ease of readability.
- 9V battery – This comes with 9 volts battery as it power source
- Very portable
- Easy to use
- Highly accurate reading
- Easy-to-read display
- Battery is needed
2. Dr. Meter Soil Moisture Sensor Meter
The Dr. Meter device helps to regulate the amount of water the plants need. It allows you to check the moisture condition of plants at the farmland, garden, and lawn. It can also be used both indoor and outdoor. The device allows you to know what your plants need and when. It lets you know when the soil is dry or wet. Doing these checks help your plants to grow healthier. In some ways, it helps you to save water, time, and money. It is easy to use. Insert the moisture meter into the soil and get the soil moisture reading. It requires no batteries or electricity.
- Soil moisture meter – It is a tester for moisture in the soil. It cannot be used for water moisture test
- Ease of readability – The moisture levels are easy to read with clear and large digits display
- Plug and read – There is no need for batteries or electricity. Just dip into the soil and get the reading.
- Colour-coded – It has a colour-coded system. The reading comes in red, green and blue colours
- Easy to use – The device is easy to use indoor and outdoor because of its compact and portable design
- Very lightweight
- Compact and portable
- Requires no batteries
- Highly user-friendly
- Sleek design
- Only used for soil moisture
- The tip may come off when dipped in the soil for long
3. Indoor-Outdoor Moisture Sensor Meter
Take the guesswork out of gardening. Find out the humidity level of your garden or lawn soil with the Indoor and Outdoor Soil Moisture Meter. The lives of your plants depend on it. The easy-to-read display indicates if your soil is dry, moist, or wet so you know if your garden requires watering or not. The device is durable because it is made of molded plastic. The metal rod is 8 meters long enough to penetrate the soil. It functions independently requiring no batteries or electricity. This is an efficient tool for water conservation.
- Indoor/Outdoor use –The meter is ideal for both indoor and outdoor plants. It comes with helpful instructions about which reading is suited for different types of plants
- Good for lawns –It lets you know when your lawn or garden needs water.
- Functions effectively –The device functions effectively and efficiently without the use of batteries or electricity.
- Ease of use – It is easy to use with its 8 meters long metal rod that goes deep into the root level of a plant.
- Colour coded –The meter is colour coded to differentiate the three different results from the soil moisture test. Red is dry, Green is moist while Blue is wet.
- Compact and sturdy
- Convenient and durable
- Works indoor and outdoor
- No batteries; no electricity
- Serves only soil moisture purposes
4. Alotpower Soil Moisture Sensor Meter
Put an end to the era of under-watering or over-watering with the Alotpower Soil Moisture Meter. The device can be used in the garden, lawn, farm, indoor, and outdoor. This meter will help you grow different types of plants. It is not selective. It is simple and easy to use. Just dip it into the soil to know if your plants need water or not. Always wipe off soil from the probe after every use. It requires no batteries or electricity to work effectively. It is portable and lightweight. It has a long rod that goes very deep into the soil for moisture test accuracy.
- Made for plants – This moisture is specifically made for plants moisture measurement. With this tool, making your plants look healthy is no longer rocket science.
- Ease of use – Just dip it into the soil to get the result you need to grow your plants
- Requires no batteries –You can get the reading by dipping the soil moisture meter into the soil and that is all. It uses no batteries.
- Accurate reading –You get an accurate reading to enhance the lives of your plants
- Portable design – It is designed very portable making convenient to carry it with you always.
- Colour coded
- Lightweight and portable
- Scientifically accurate
- Uses no batteries
- Excellent for indoor and outdoor plants
- Design for plants soil moisture alone
5. Jellas 3-in-1 Moisture Sensor Meter
Make your plants look healthy always with the 3-in-1 soil moisture meter. It functions as a moisture sensor meter, sunlight meter, and a pH meter. It helps to test sunlight to know if your plants are receiving enough light or not. It works as a moisture pH meter to control the pH level of the soil. Know whether the soil is acidic or alkaline. It measures soil moisture so you know when your plants need watering. This is a nice tool for easy gardening. It is suitable for indoor and outdoor use too.
- 3-in-1 function –The device lets you perform soil moisture test, pH meter test and light test on plants. These tests are important for the health of your plants.
- Portable – It is not only portable but also lightweight so you can easily take it everywhere you go.
- Ideal for indoor & outdoor – The tool is good for indoor and outdoor testing of the soil conditions of your plants such as fruits, vegetable, shrubs and flowers. It can be used indoor and outdoor.
- Ease of use – It doesn’t need a battery or electricity to work. Just insert the tool two inches deep into the soil and check out the reading.
- Accurate reading –The meter provides accurate reading whether for pH, soil moisture or light. For moisture, the range is between 1-10 (1-3 for Dry, 4- 7 for Normal and 8-10 for Wet). For pH, the range is between 3.5-8 pH (3.5 to 6.5 for Acidic, 7 to 8 for Alkaline). Sunlight falls between 0 to 2000.0 to 200 is Low, 200 to 500 is Low+, 500 to 1000 is normal and 1000 to 2000 is High.
- Simple and easy to use
- Suited for both indoor and outdoor
- Requires no batteries
- Value for money
6. THZY Soil Moisture Meter
If you want a soil moisture meter that works well on any plant, the THZY soil meter is your best bet. It does not select plants. It comes with two probes to give you an accurate reading of the soil. Insert it 3-5 inches deep and toggle the switch for a soil test reading. What you get from the reading are precision and accuracy. It requires no batteries. The soil moisture meter is suited for all types of soils. The display is big and clear for you to see the reading. The meter displays the soil moisture level and what the plants need to grow healthily. It has an 8 inches probe that penetrates the soil to give you an accurate reading. The tool helps you to grow your plants. It tells you what to do if the soil is dry or wet. With this, there is no longer the issue of over-watering or under-watering.
- Effective – The meter gives you accurate reading when you dip the eight inches probes into the soil.
- Precision reading – It gives an accurate and precise reading that would enhance the life of your plants.
- No batteries – No battery or electricity is required. It is a plug and read tool.
- Easy to use – Ensure that you use a clean cloth to clean the meter of dirt and soil after each use to work effectively next time you dip it into the soil
- Indoor & outdoor use – You can use the meter for outdoor and indoor purposes making it a versatile device
- Easy to clean
- Provides accurate reading
- Portable and handheld device
- Compact and sturdy
- Made for moisture reading only
7. Covery 3-in-1 Soil Tester Moisture Meter
If you need a device that determines more than the soil moisture in your garden or farm, the Covery 3-in-1 moisture meter is the ideal tool for you. It determines soil moisture to let you know when watering of the plants should be done; it determines if the plants are receiving enough light; and also determines the pH level of your plants. Your plants would never do well in soil with high acidity or extreme alkalinity. This is why this meter is good for the healthy growth of your plants. It is easy to use without batteries or electricity. Dip the probes four inches into the soil to get a correct reading of the soil. It is good for indoor and outdoor use.
- 3-in-1 function – The Covery soil moisture meter gives complete soil test reading concerning soil moisture, light and pH level
- Easy to use – It is super easy to use. No battery is needed to power it.
- Indoor & outdoor – The device is good for both indoor and outdoor plants
- Precise and accurate reading – Reading from this soil test tool is reliable and dependable for your plants’ growth
- Portable – It is easy to carry because it is compact and portable
- Clear display
- Ease of use and maintenance
- Portable shape
- Provide 3-in-1 soil solution
- It is designed for soil testing only
- Short probes
8. Marge Plus Soil Tester Moisture Meter
This is a 3-in-1 soil content meter. It does the work of soil moisture test, light, and checking of pH level. It gives you accurate reading about the amount of moisture, the level of acidity, and the amount of sunlight absorbed by the soil or plant. These three tests help you to know when your plants need attention. With this device, it will eliminate underwatering and overwatering. This is one of the best soil meters in the market. It is suited for indoor and outdoor. It is super easy and convenient to use requiring no battery or electricity to function. The two probes are made of aluminum and copper materials making it sturdy enough to be used on hard soil.
- Multifunctional – The meter serves three purposes – soil moisture, light, and pH. Three soil readings help you determine the health of your plants.
- Indoor and outdoor – use it both indoor and outdoor to check the soil health in your garden or farm.
- Ease of use –It is easy to operate. It works without the use of batteries. Just insert into the soil to get precise and accurate reading.
- Understandable range of reading –The range of readings is different. Soil moisture reading is between 1-10 (1-3 Dry, 4-7 Normal, 8-10 Wet). Light is between 0-200 (0-200 Low, 200-500 Low+, 500-1000 Normal, 1000-2000 High. pH level 3.5-8 range. 3.5-6.5 Acidic, 7 Normal, 7-8 Alkaline.
- Portability – The meter is portable and lightweight. It is easy to carry about
- Big and clear display
- Accurate and precise reading
- Functions in three ways
- Compact and portable
- Made for soil use only
9. Soil pH Meter
The Soil pH Meter is a 3-in-1 complete soil testing kit for soil moisture, light, and pH. It is a must-have for home, garden, farm, lawn, and plants. It can be used for indoor and outdoor purposes. This is a simple and easy to use soil kit. It is highly effective in determining the soil moisture level, light, and plant pH level. It is the secret to growing healthy looking vegetables, flowers, and plants in your garden. This is the right tool to know if the soil is dry and needs water. If the sun is not enough or the plants need more exposure or if the pH level is right or not. You get accurate and precise reading that you can depend on for the care of your garden. It requires no battery or electricity to be functional. Its construction is sturdy making it durable. It is very compact and easy to carry.
- Improved gardening –This device helps you improve your gardening skills. Find out what your lawn or garden needs with the soil testing kit to improve the lives of plants.
- Saves time –Using the soil kit means bidding goodbye to overwatering or under watering of your garden or lawn. The tool helps to put your lawn or garden in tiptop condition.
- Accurate reading – No more false and misleading reading with Soil pH Meter. It provides the right reading to grow your garden effectively.
- Easy to use –Just dip it and get the correct reading. No need for battery or electricity. It is that easy.
- Sturdy – The kit is built strong to last.
- Compact and lightweight
- High-quality tool
- Provides accurate reading
- Easy to operate
- 3-in-1 soil testing kit.
- Must be used under the light
- Can only be used for soil test
10. Gain Express Soil pH& Moisture Meter
Effectively care for the garden with the 2-in-1 soil meter. It takes care of soil moisture and its pH levels. The meter is self-powered. It needs no batteries or electricity to function. Accurate pH reading is important in getting optimal results. Many crops such as fruits, trees, shrubs, flowers, and vegetables grow if the pH is right to obtain the needed nutrients. These crops cannot survive if the soil is too acidic or alkaline. This is why you need to do a good soil nutrient test. The Gain Express Soil and pH meter provide you with the vital guide to grow your crops healthily. The device is suitable for both home and commercial use. It comes with a long 295 mm waterproof electrode for deep penetration of the soil.
- Ease of use –Find out what your garden or lawn needs by inserting the soil moisture meter into the soil for an accurate and precise reading.
- Self-powered – Just plug and get the soil reading. The meter is powered without batteries or electricity.
- Multifunctional – The soil test tool can be used for gardening, lawn maintenance, farming and vegetable production. It is ideal for indoor and outdoor use.
- Accurate reading – Say goodbye to an inaccurate and false reading. This device provides a reading that is accurate and precise.
- Durability – The product is sturdy and durable. The probe is waterproof and solid.
- Correct and reliable soil reading
- Easy to operate
- Top-quality device
- Durable and sturdy
- Compact and lightweight
- It can only perform a soil test
There are thousands of soil moisture meter out there. This makes choosing one tall order. There are a lot of things to look out for when choosing a reliable soil moisture meter. Here are the most important things you need to know before you buy a soil testing kit.
- Functionality –If you intend growing your crops using accurate reading, you should go for a functional moisture meter. Some meters measure soil moisture, light and pH level while others provide just soil meter reading. It is better to go for a 3-in-1 soil moisture meter than going for a device that handles only soil moisture.
- Ease of use –A simple soil moisture meter requires no battery or electricity. Don’t go for a device that needs preparation. You need something that gives instant reading without stress.
- Accuracy – This is the most important thing when you are choosing a soil moisture meter. Read reviews like this to help make an informed choice.
You can’t go wrong with a soil moisture meter if you are concerned about the growth of your plants. As such, we recommend the General tools MMD4E Digital Moisture Meter for its ultra-functionality. This tool does more than just soil test reading. It is also used to determine moisture in woods, walls, carpet, ceiling, etc. This makes it the best soil moisture meter. If you want a device specifically for soil moisture testing, we recommend the Jellas 3-in-1 Moisture Sensor Meter. Now, it is time to end guessworks on your garden with a good soil moisture meter.
Last update on 2020-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API