Portability, convenience, and ease of use – these are the main attributes everyone should look for in any addition they are planning to incorporate in their lives, especially in their homes. Even though most of us spend most of our days out to work, it does so well for our well-being if we get to relax somewhere comfortable at the end of the day.
This doesn’t mean that you must employ a 24/7 cleaning service. What we mean is that if there should be some cleaning to be done, it shouldn’t pose an unreasonable difficulty. When it comes to cleaning your carpet and floors, you deserve to have the best portable carpet cleaner.
Delicate Maintenance of Carpeted Flooring
Carpeted floors help maintain the warmth of indoors spaces and are an especially cozy surface to step on. They’re more child-friendly than hard floors and come with a pleasant kind of aesthetic. Keeping them clean, however, might be a different case.
Fabrics and furs will naturally trap particles and contaminants that you need to deal with as soon as possible, especially if they are in liquid form and leave a stain or odor. This is why you need to find the best cleaner to suit this need.
Finding the Best Cleaner
Vacuum cleaners are usually marketed with multi-surface features, claiming that they can pick up any kind of dirt and debris from all types of floors and areas. This is not always the case, however, since carpets come in various plush thickness and fabric types, and some vacuum brushes and rollers easily get clogged or stop working altogether.
Looking for a one that works isn’t difficult, but it does require a lot of research and cross-checking of product reviews; fortunately, we got that covered for you. But before that, let’s take a look at the following important factors you’d want to consider first:
- Suction power – ideally, you want to go for a product that has enough power to remove dirt and dust effectively. Each vacuum cleaner comes with its own suction power, and choosing the one with a weak suction won’t help you achieve effective cleaning. Apart from that, it can also take you a long while to thoroughly clean your carpets.
- Design – another factor to consider is the cleaner’s design. If you have multiple floors in your house or have a rather large space to clean, then it’d be a lot more convenient if you choose a cleaner with a compact and lightweight design. While our list includes portable cleaners, each of them varies on their weight and design. You’d want to go for the lightest one possible without overlooking its suction power as mentioned above.
- Tank capacity – a cleaner’s tank capacity is another consideration as it can determine how efficiently you can carry out your cleaning task. A larger tank capacity will mean less frequent refills, though you will have to deal with its heavier weight. Preferably, a tank capacity of around 30 ounces should be good enough.
- Attachments – lastly, you want to check if a product comes with its own attachments included in the package. The inclusion of several tools and attachments can actually help you perform your cleaning task more efficiently and with ease. Do take note, however, that those which come with their own attachments tend to be a bit more expensive.
8 of the Best Carpet Cleaners on the Market
What follows is the list of the best cleaning equipment that has worked well for most homes – ranked from the cheapest to the most expensive.
1. Hikeren Handheld Cordless Quick-charging Vacuum Cleaner
If you’re looking for something to use daily for some mild-quick cleaning, this vacuum from Hikeren can not only help with all the dirt removal, but it can also reduce secondary pollution with its Radial Cyclonic Suction and HEPA filtration system.
Lightweight and cordless, you can take this anywhere around the house or to your car to clean up any mess, both solid and liquid.
It comes with a brush nozzle that works well in removing dirt from fabrics and carpets, so you can use this for furniture cleaning as well. It also runs for up to 30 minutes after a 3-hour charging duration, so you can make the most out of the product. However, avoid using the vacuum when charging to prolong the lifespan of the battery.
- Comes with attachments that are suited for a variety of surfaces.
- You can save a lot of time with this product, especially if you’re the type that can only spare roughly an hour for daily cleaning and organizing
- Though effective, it has a noisy operation
- Not recommended for heavy-duty cleaning
2. Dirt Devil Scorpion Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
This one from Dirt Devil packs a punch against stubborn dander and pet dirt stuck on hard and carpeted flooring alike. A great well-recommended product for pet owners, the Scorpion Handheld vacuum cleaner has a compact, lightweight, and easy-pick-up design that’s capable of finishing all cleaning work fast and efficiently. It’s even ideal for smaller spaces since it doesn’t require large storage.
It has built-in foldable crevice tools for the precise removal of dirt that gets stuck in the crevices and edges of the floor. The vacuum also includes an easy-empty dirt compartment which means spending less time going back and forth from the trashcan for disposal.
- Strong and effective suction
- Easy to carry around, use, and store
- The loud noise it causes when used may disturb neighbors and housemates
3. Bissell Cleanview Deluxe Corded Handheld Vacuum
Bissell is known for only putting out reliable cleaning equipment into the market, not to mention their products are considerably cheaper than the other brands out there. This one doesn’t come with a fancy aesthetic, but it can scrape hair, dander, and fur from carpeted flooring efficiently. This could easily be the best portable carpet cleaner below the price of 50.
Versatile, convenient and lightweight, this brings the ease of cleaning off of any kind of surface while reducing the allergens and contaminants in your household. This works as well on furniture and can truly pick up stubborn pet hair stuck on the fabric of your couch.
· Its extended cleaning reach assists greatly in cleaning above the floor surfaces
· Includes an 18-foot cord
· Also comes with a wrap system to ensure organized storage
· The additional attachments do not have a storage unit within the equipment, so you have to store them separately
4. NOVETE Rechargeable Handheld Vacuum Cordless
NOVETE offers a product with one of the most powerful suctions that you can rely on to take the bulk of your cleaning work. A product of optimum portability, its fast-charging long-running motor saves your time and promises a thorough clean for all your home surfaces.
It includes attachments suitable for wet and dry use, and it can even remove dirt, particles, and gunk from furniture upholstery, cushions, stairs, plush mats, and the like. With the incorporated HEPA filtration system and a brush nozzle feature, it can work its best in picking stuff up from carpets and rugs.
Lightweight, cordless, and easy to use, the product has little to no constriction in portability when being used all around the home. It is even ergonomically designed to allow a single-hand operation.
- Can deliver a quick and efficient cleaning
- Comes with a cleaner that cuts hairs and thread that may clog the vacuum
- The common trouble usually points at battery failure, so always make sure the vacuum is turned off when charging
This product takes on a modern approach to today’s cleaning equipment with its sleek design, quick-charging technology, and cyclonic suction feature. Not only does it look nice, but it also works at high settings continuously for up to 30 minutes, a capacity that puts it up the ranks in the market.
Aside from being great in cleaning hardwood flooring, it comes with brush attachments that can work through the dirt on carpets, cushions, lampshades, and even keyboards.
Its quiet operation reduces noise pollution and indoor disturbance, making the cleaning experience stress-free. Homasy also offers its buyers a 3-year warranty and after-sales assistance to guarantee customer satisfaction, so that’s one thing you won’t have to worry about.
- Capable of cleaning up liquid and wet messes
- Equipped with safe charging tech with temperature, voltage, and current protection
- Battery life may be compromised when used while charging
- This is more for mild quick-cleaning. If you’re looking to do so heavy-duty carpet scraping, we suggest you opt for a larger cleaner
6. JackMo Handheld Cordless Vacuum
JackMo’s enhanced powerful suction is back in the market with this handheld cordless vacuum to deal with all your cleaning woes. It features a stainless steel filter that is more durable than the typical filtration system while offering efficient and thorough wet and dry cleaning of every kind of surface. It works extremely well in removing dirt and stains from fabric furniture, car interiors and upholstery as well.
This one’s got you superior quality for a reasonable price that won’t hurt your budget. JackMo’s also got you covered with their 30-day refund guarantee and yearlong warranty with aftersales service to assist you if issues arise.
- Lightweight, fast-charging, and operates with very little noise
- Compact and easy-to-store design
- Not suited for heavy-duty cleaning work in the household
7. Shark Rocket Ultra-Light
Shark is one of the prominent names behind many highly recommended top-quality vacuum cleaners, and they’re adding another good one on the roster. This ultra-light, pet hair-focused product packs a punch against anything embedded on carpeted flooring or stuck in hard-flooring edges.
It offers the convenience of easy maneuverability and powerful suction ability to lessen the strain on the user’s arm and wrist.
While some vacuums don’t work well with carpets and stairs, this one can handle both. Its motorized brush tool effectively and thoroughly goes through plush and fabrics to remove dirt, fur, and dander that may otherwise remain and breed bacteria.
A true blue companion for any pet owner, this may be used for the car interior as well so as to keep the fur accumulation at a minimum.
- Comes with a 15-foot power cord to push through the cleaning in larger rooms
- Built with a solid construction
- Easy to assemble, maneuver and store
- Shark has had a couple of comments regarding their warranty coverage and after-sales service, but otherwise, their vacuums are pretty durable
8. BLACK + DECKER MAX Flex Vacuum
Last but definitely not the least, the Black + Decker stick vacuum is a portable and compact cleaner which you should add into your options. Another feat for product design and engineering, this vacuum keeps both the surfaces and the air thoroughly clean and free from dust and dirt with its Cyclonic Suction feature.
Its flexible and retractable hose is fit for extensive use and limited storage, a distinct duo to be incorporated into a product. Its chic and sophisticated look also matches its effective performance as one of the best portable carpet cleaner equipment in the market. This is a product that can give you the bang for your buck.
- Comes with a pet brush specifically included to deep clean fabrics, upholstery, and carpets
- Effective at picking up fine particles to stubborn dirt that gets stuck on edges and crevices
- Short lasting battery life
To wrap things up, always take everything with a grain of salt before the big swig. These are but our suggestions as to what we believe could work well for your home and your cleaning practices. Still, it will still be up to you and what you know will work with your current lifestyle and needs.
With the number of products on the market offering pretty much the same features with prices within a certain similar range, it can get a little confusing. A lot of things should be considered, but we hope this list makes the choice much easier to make.
Last update on 2020-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API